Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 61626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2072

Thread: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Default Re: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Annnnndddd stoked for Lolla

For the first time in almost 10 years I sat on THE WRONG SIDE tonight. Super weird.

Loved the show though, super sad I reached my halfway point of the shows tonight.

Dylan - Great review, I TOLD YOU GUYS JEFF WAS AMAZING.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Annnnndddd stoked for Lolla
    same. i'm hoping for a festival set similar to what they did at rock on the range. not nearly as much emotive. but i'll be happy with anything they do tbh.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Amazing show at SDSU! We got the package, rose, and Magdalena. I don't understand all of the criticism for this tour, I had a great time. Maynard sang more than his fair share, and I didn't even mind the emotive tracks.

My favorite part was probably the outsider, everyone went nuts.

Oh and Maynard was hilarious, changing up the lyrics.

I thought that APC had "returned" back in November but that was clearly not the case. Last night was far and above what we saw in November.

This was the 2nd best APC show I have seen out of the 9 times I have seen them. The reason behind that is part the band, the song selection, and the venue. One of the best things about this show was that I was 7th row on Billys side and that the 3 seats behind me were empty and the seats on either side of me were empty the entire show. SCORE!

Matt- Its obvious that Matt McJunkins has really come into his own in this band. He has taken on new responsibilities since November too. He had some kind of laptop/piano that was using during certain songs.

Maynard- He seemed to be in good spirits. We didn't get any witty banter but he did change the lyrics to songs. During What's Going On, in the middle of the song, he said "I smell marijuana" and then went on to mumble some things about smoke and marijuana and the band had to do a kind of extension of the song while they waited for him to finish. At the end of the Noose, at the very last "Your halos slipping down to choke you now" he changed it to "Your halos slipping down to choke you meow". Then during Magdalena he changed the chorus up from "one chance, one kiss, one taste of you my magdalena" to "one chance, one kiss, one taste of you my San Diego". At the end of Passive when he whispers "passive agressive bullshit" he changed it to "passive bag of pretzels" and some guy came out with a bag of pretzels for him.

Oh. And. The Outsider??!?! I haven't heard Maynard scream like that since 2002. Killed. It. So much so that the song wasn't over but those who knew what just happened (and there were a lot) started cheering.

Billy- Is a rockstar. Jesus. The talent, the emotion, the professionalism. He had some issues with The Outsider. I think a guitar string snapped, then the replacement guitar didn't sound right, but then when he got it, it seemed like he rocked it that much harder to make up for the snafu. He was so into it that during Counting Bodies Like Sheep he was up center/front of stage pumping his fist in the air "HEY!" "HEY!" "HEY!" "HEY!". Loving it. Being 7th row on Billy's side really gave me a vantage that I rarely get at an APC show.

James- Was his usual self.

New drummer (I forget his name) - He was okay. He played his part but he didnt do anything beyond that. I'll cut him some slack though since he hasn't been with the band for very long.

Setlist:

Annihilation
    Imagine
    Weak and Powerless
    The Hollow
    What's Going On
    People Are People
    The Outsider
    Rose
    (What's So Funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?
    When the Levee Breaks
    The Noose
    3 Libras Remix
    The Package
    Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
    Magdalena
    Passive
    Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
    Fiddle and the Drum
    By and Down

Loved it. When the Levee Breaks > The Noose, The Outsider > Rose, and Counting Bodies Like Sheep were definite highlights. I like the new song a lot.
    Also, Annihilation and Fiddle and the Drum were exceptional highlights. I don't give a shit if its a cover song. You don't get to hear Maynard sing acapella very often (if ever) and so its a treat that I can appreciate.

Overall, the band sounded great and it was on top of their game. The whole show felt a bit rushed though. We didn't get any introductions, witty banter, or jokes. It was just a constant assault of songs. To the casual fan there was probably no problem with that, but I felt that was where the show was lacking. It could possibly be due to the current incarnation of the band. Obviously there was some magic between the band members in 2004 that nurtured a lot of the things I thought really made APC a bit more special back then. Now, its a bit more serious and professional. Maybe as they tour together more they will loosen up.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 07-27-2011 at 10:55 AM.

For the record, Jeff definitely added some stuff, there are extra fills all over the place and that extra drum roll in the Hollow?! Ive heard it 5 times now and it STILL kicks my ass. Maybe people don't notice the extra stuff cause a lot of it is in the Emotive tracks which most people only heard once.

Also if you thought last night was lacking on banter then be glad that was the show you did cause honestly I think that was the most Ive heard out of Maynard this tour. I remember thinking he was talking a lot last night haha.
    Last edited by jaimiej; 07-27-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimiej View Post
    For the record, Jeff definitely added some stuff, there are extra fills all over the place and that extra drum roll in the Hollow?! Ive heard it 5 times now and it STILL kicks my ass. Maybe people don't notice the extra stuff cause a lot of it is in the Emotive tracks which most people only heard once.

Also if you thought last night was lacking on banter then be glad that was the show you did cause honestly I think that was the most Ive heard out of Maynard this tour. I remember thinking he was talking a lot last night haha.
    I have been listening to more emotive tracks recently actually. Maybe a recording of last night will surface and I can go back and listen to jeffs drumming. I didn't notice anything special at the time.

last night was the most talkative he's been? Wow. I think that if apc were a mullet, it would be 2011 in front and 2004 in the back.

So it's just now setting in that I didn't get Magdalena or Gravity

I really wish I would've plan to see this tour more.

All these great reviews are making me so excited for lolla. glad i worked them into the schedule.

Kings blend thanks for typing all of that up. I don't know if you noticed but in Magdalena he said "my whales vagina." a couple times as well as San Diego.

And, Red Bacteria Vacuum was.... Cute.

Yeah there hasn't been much banter at all. At one of the first 2 he introduced the band and mentioned Jeff filling in for Josh but that was it.

It was the "new" Levee again so theyre apparently keeping it. It's a really subtle difference that you probably wouldn't notice unless you had seen the prior version a couple times. I like it so I'm okay with it staying.

I'm glad people are finally noticing why I have been following Billy around like a puppy dog for all these years

Billy is tha shit!

There were a few times throughout the set when I thought to myself, "God, I would love to see him punch Corgan right in the face."

video isn't wanting to display, so here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks7apKVUDf4

it is The Outsider.
    Last edited by rodStewart; 07-27-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: xxx

Quote Originally Posted by rodStewart View Post

from the SDSU show

video isn't wanting to display, so here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks7apKVUDf4

it is The Outsider.
    You have to take out the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Just put in the video ID between the YT symbols: ks7apKVUDf4

thank you sir.

Anyone know of a good audio recording of one of the shows this tour?

anyone have set times for tonight's show? thx.

I think someone said they've been coming on around 9pm this tour. It was around that time at SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by rodStewart View Post
    Anyone know of a good audio recording of one of the shows this tour?
    Charlotte has 3 different sources, thats been my personal favorite so far. The fact that Billy's mic is up ridiculously loud may/may not have something to do with that though.

Link please?

You can find links to virtually all the surfaced recordings from this tour at http://www.apcdriveproject.proboards.com/

Awesome, thanks jaimiej

I just know LA's going to get the best setlist...

haha, I sure hope we do...we always do for TOOL...that's for sure..

I just called Gibson...they come on 9:15pm so don't be late!

Soooo glad I got pit. Rail! Billy's side! Damn I cannot catch a pick for a damn.

What a great show. Tired and gotta work tomorrow. More comin!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Saturday is coming on strong!!! Stoked to see APC for the first time since NINs Fragile tour. Not to mention, my first show at the Greek Theatre since PHISH last summer.
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore (?)
    9/26 Modest Mouse @ the Masonic (?)
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

We must have been very near each other before the show started sonny, I was about 2nd-3rd head on Billys side until some friends showed up and wanted to move. I stood lined with Billys mic but about 6 heads back. Don't blame yourself for not getting a pick, Billy just sucks at throwing them

They cut Whats Goin On in favor of Blue. So we got The Package, Blue and The Noose. Orestes instead of Magdalena and everything else was the same as its been all tour. I had anticipated driving all night to Sacramento but decided yesterday to book a flight instead. SOOOO glad I did.
    Last edited by jaimiej; 07-29-2011 at 12:32 AM.

The show last night was AWESOME. 3rd best APC for for me.

As mentioned we got Blue, The Package, The Outsider, Orestes and Rose.

Anihilation was a fantastic opener. The scream during Outsider was phenomenal. The Package rocked hard like always and Orestes was...amazing.

Best show I have seen this year so far. I also dig By and Down. Hope they record/release it soon.