Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2072

Thread: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Default Re: A Perfect Circle has returned!

There's only room for one bald Billy?

Yessssss first time I'd seen the package this tour - holllllly mother was it good. I much prefer Blue/Package to Noose/Gravity nights.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimiej View Post
    Yessssss first time I'd seen the package this tour - holllllly mother was it good. I much prefer Blue/Package to Noose/Gravity nights.
    Love Gravity. But if the pattern is as you described I'll be farkin pissed to get it over Blue/Package. I'm still smarting from not getting Vanishing and Thinking Of You. Something's gotta make up for it! And Rose is a must or I take it out on Dylan.

Oh, and ditto on a big "fark you" to Billy Corgan. Washed up.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

They've done Rose every night since debuting it in Philly so you should be okay

don't jinx them
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Who likes Billy Corgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Who likes Billy Corgan?
    As a songwriter - yes; as a person. . . um, no.

Let's not let this APC thread digress..
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

tonight, tonight phx!
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Jaimiej have you seen them play Sleeping Beauty?

Only in November and I would be willing to bet it's not coming this tour He had the crowd sing the choruses virtually every night last tour. I don't think it's very easy for him to sing.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'v seen "Sleeping Beauty," back in 2000. it was great! I'm surprised how vividly I still remember that Palladium show, it was incredible.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

got one extra ticket for the phoenix show. am willing to sell for below ticket price. pm me. i would rather sell this to a fan.
    6/6/12 Mayhem Festival @ Ashley Furniture Store Pavilion-AZ

Looking to sell a pair of tickets for the Gibson show this Thursday. Location of seats are in Loge 17 Row E. Face value, PM me if interested.

What time has APC been going on stage?

What time has APC been going on stage?
    they've been going on around or at 9
    the show is about an hour and twenty-something minutes
    6/6/12 Mayhem Festival @ Ashley Furniture Store Pavilion-AZ

I got a pair for berkeley for $100

So, tomorrow in San Diego.... I'm going by myself. Anyone want to meet up? I'll be smoking marijuanas in the standing only section, that is if security doesn't hassle. I like to make concert buddies and I'll probably have a few drinks in me after class so I'll be having a wonderful evening. I'll be the *slightly* chubby, yet extremely attractive fellow.

CODE RED: GO TIME!!!!

CODE RED: GO TIME!!!!
    Knock em dead dude. Have fun!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

So jealous!! Scream extra loud for Billy for me tonight <3

I'm going to sleep on it before I make it official, but that might've been the best APC show I've seen.

I'm going to sleep on it before I make it official, but that might've been the best APC show I've seen.
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

No sleeping before a review- man up! Getting more stoked for Thursday now.

Hell yes.

Wow you got The Package and Noose tonight? Weird combo.

Also - did they do the slow intro Levee again or take it back to the original?

Seriously dude?? Maybe I'm just being a bum but I can't see how this current tour could top the 2004 shows. I'll find out Thursday I guess.

harsh.

a) there were 10 songs from emotive, not 9.
    b) they were not unrecognizable, unless you haven't listened to emotive, regardless of the "dirge-like arrangements."
    c) the writer blasts emotive, yet praises passive, counting bodies, and fiddle and the drum.

i really enjoyed the show. you can complain about the setlist, but they sounded much tighter than their shows at the marquee, which is understandable since those were completely raw, being the first shows of the mini-tour. thumbs up!
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Dylan, I am curious to hear more about your experience last night....don't leave me in suspense all night! ha.

I'm on my way to the SDSU show right now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Last night was phenomenal. I wasn't exactly floored by the shows last November, but with that being said, I had no idea that there was this much room for improvement. It was like watching an entirely different band last night. A band that had seemingly been together, and practicing for years.

Part of it was due to the venue, this one holding five times the capacity compared to the one used in November. Packed to the brim and full of anticipation. Even the stage looked like it belonged to a different band. While it was still just a standard APC logo, it was done on a much a bigger scale. It put into perspective how intimate the shows last year actually were, and how big and popular A Perfect Circle still is.

Jeff Friedl was excellent, seamlessly dynamic with the rest of the band. It felt like his drum kit was pointed directly at me. Whether it was his smooth bass kicks or him hammering the snare, he absolutely sounded as if he had always been in the band.

Iha was his normal, groovy self. I was really hoping for some more jokes this go around, however lame they may have been. (I'm in the lame joke niche, if you guys haven't noticed.)

Matty Mac was good. You could tell that he's really comfortable with the songs now, and that allowed him to open up more on stage.

Billy was a fucking rockstar. It's cool watching him preform the songs, he emphasizes parts I otherwise wouldn't pick up on, and I enjoy seeing that perspective. And my god, he can slay a power chord with the best of them.

As far as the whole setlist thing, if you're disappointed going in, you're going to be disappointed coming out. But that's a result of a particular attitude opposed to the band's actual performance. I think any complaint is a bit much, considering the band toured their entire catalog last year. ENTIRE CATALOG. Let them play what they want to play. I'd prefer to see them enjoying what they're doing as opposed to going through the motions to make people happy. (There's a whole thread about this.)

And the covers. If a cover has to be better than the original in order for it to be accepted, then there probably shouldn't ever be any covers at all. I enjoyed all of them. I think the whole idea of the covers is more awkward than the songs are themselves. They each have that recognizable, APC sound. And as far as content, it's anti-war, which will always be relevant. Much more relevant, than say, a song about Maynard's dead mother. Nothing personal, Judith.

And with that said, I can honestly say that I haven't seen Maynard that "musically attentive" since his mother died. In that past, it seemed like he's almost been forced to perform, like he has to be the artist that everyone originally fell in love with. Last night he looked more comfortable and confident in what he was doing, than I can ever remember. It was refreshing.

Set highlights -

Annihilation is a great opener, it's almost like some sort of ceremonial act.

I like Imagine more and more every time I hear it. Haunting.

The scream during Outsider was amazing.

Rose always brings the goosebumps. And is there a deeper cut for APC to play?

When the Levee Breaks had the normal intro, very hypnotic.

Maynard's vocals for The Noose were out this world. Love how he makes the syllables twist and bend.

I finally heard the remix of 3 Libras aaaand didn't like it. Didn't seem nearly as effective as the original arrangement, imo.

The Package, I can't believe the other reviewer didn't mention this. Holy shit. The band at their best. Such a quiet and subtle build up to complete destruction.

Passive was awesome, it made me think of T-Rez...

And then Counting Bodies Like Sheep started and I thought Reznor was going to come out on stage. This song definitely gave me NIN flashbacks in the best of ways. Very raw, aggressive, and industrial sounding, combined with Maynard's eloquently sadistic vocals made this track really standout.

All in all the band was light years ahead of where they were last November. Much more polished, and professional (as much as I hate to say that). They were a band deserving of the bigger stage, and more powerful than I thought they could ever be at this point.

Awesome review Dylan...now I'm stoked for Thursday here in LA!