Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41

Thread: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

  1. #1
    Member Archie Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a car between LA and Vegas
    Posts
    908

    Default kroqken in the news media!

    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ity&id=7594532

    Watch the video and read the story.

    kroqken is everywhere.
    Last edited by Archie Bunker; 09-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

  2. #2
    Member El.C.Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    what is more fascinating is how archie bunker is everywhere ken is...

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    "Fascinating" is the wrong word.

  4. #4
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    15,952

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Curious, I didn't see him anywhere.

  5. #5
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,631

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ity&id=7594532

    Watch the video and read the story.

    kroqken is everywhere.
    Your obsession with kroqken is beyond creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  6. #6
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    missing person : arcade fire : : archie bunker : kroqken
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,494

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    I don't think anything compares to missing person : arcade fire.

  8. #8
    Member donkey sex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Surf City
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    saw Kroqken on Ariel Pink's myspace page. He looks like a doctor.
    *there are plans, but they have no dates*

  9. #9
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,535

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie weeklymix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,332

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Delete.

  11. #11
    Member Archie Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a car between LA and Vegas
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Your obsession with kroqken is beyond creepy.
    You, sir, are a moron.

    There is no "obsession" with Ken. He is my friend, and has been for about 20 years.

    We were on the phone the other day, and he said, "Hey, I wonder if the Coachella message board would want to see that article and video about me at Lollapalooza!"

    And since it was an article/video about kroqken (well known here) attending a music festival similar to Coachella, I felt it was relevant.

    Sorry that this thread failed to meet your intellectual standards of the usual fare around here, such as "Chat is so hot right now" and "Next time you try to look hot..."
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

  12. #12
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    fuck off meathead

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,929

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    If you and Ken ever wonder if we care about anything having to do with Ken, the answer is a resounding "no". Please leave us alone.
    For your health

  14. #14
    old school stuporfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    4,572

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Sorry that this thread failed to meet your intellectual standards of the usual fare around here, such as "Chat is so hot right now" and "Next time you try to look hot..."
    Perhaps if you gave the thread a more forum-friendly title, you'd yield greater results. For example: kroqken makes hot WLS-TV Chicago news report
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

  15. #15
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,631

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Sorry that this thread failed to meet your intellectual standards of the usual fare around here, such as "Chat is so hot right now" and "Next time you try to look hot..."
    Sick burn, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  16. #16
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    There is no "obsession" with Ken. He is my friend, and has been for about 20 years.

    We were on the phone the other day, and he said, "Hey, I wonder if the Coachella message board would want to see that article and video about me at Lollapalooza!"

    And since it was an article/video about kroqken (well known here) attending a music festival similar to Coachella, I felt it was relevant.
    These are valid points. However, in the context of your previous posts, they come across as a bit disingenuous. It seems to me (and others, I think, based on what I've read) that you spend most of your time on here publicly mocking and ridiculing Ken. Good-natured ribbing is one thing, but you have often appeared to take it well beyond that, to where you seem to be trying to embarass and humiliate him. What you are characterizing here as a 20 year friendship comes across more like 20 years of a cat toying with a mouse.
    Last edited by TomAz; 08-24-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  17. #17
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    yeah fuck you archie

  18. #18
    Member Archie Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a car between LA and Vegas
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    These are valid points. However, in the context of your previous posts, they come across as a bit disingenuous. It seems to me (and others, I think, based on what I've read) that you spend most of your time on here publicly mocking and ridiculing Ken. Good-natured ribbing is one thing, but you have often appeared to take it well beyond that, to where you seem to be trying to embarass and humiliate him. What you are characterizing here as a 20 year friendship comes across more like 20 years of a cat toying with a mouse.
    And I've explained to you before that you're wrong.

    Ken calls me when he is about to get active on this forum, because he wants me to also participate. That's hardly indicative of the actions of someone who feels put down or victimized.

    In fact, as I stated earlier in this thread, Ken actually asked me to post about this here.

    I am aware that certain people on this board don't give a shit about Ken, and would prefer to hear as little as possible about him. Others find him amusing, and others are somewhere in between.

    Still, I felt it was worth posting because it was about both Ken in the media and alternative music.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

  19. #19
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,150

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Is there any hard evidence that Ken doesn't have multiple board personality disorder?

    4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

  20. #20
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    nobody cares

  21. #21
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Hahahaha.

    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  22. #22
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,535

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    nobody cares
    Woo-hoo for Beer and Barbasol shave cream!
    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

  23. #23
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    And I've explained to you before that you're wrong.

    Ken calls me when he is about to get active on this forum, because he wants me to also participate. That's hardly indicative of the actions of someone who feels put down or victimized.

    In fact, as I stated earlier in this thread, Ken actually asked me to post about this here.

    I am aware that certain people on this board don't give a shit about Ken, and would prefer to hear as little as possible about him. Others find him amusing, and others are somewhere in between.

    Still, I felt it was worth posting because it was about both Ken in the media and alternative music.
    The fact that Ken is too tuned out to understand how you make him appear in your posts is irrelevant to my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  24. #24
    Member Archie Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a car between LA and Vegas
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Ken is much more aware than you think.

    You're the one making him out to be a common grade retard, not me.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

  25. #25
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Note to readers: Archie has pulled an old debater's trick. I was discussing his actions, his posts, and in response he has attempted to turn the focus of the conversation to be what Ken does and thinks. Ken, of course, is not actually here to contribute for himself, so instead we get Archie's representations of what Ken would say if he were here. And then, Archie uses that as his justification.

    Where Archie lives, people must be dimwitted enough to fall for that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Just rated this thread 5 stars. Keep up the good work!
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  27. #27
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    Just rated this thread 5 stars. Keep up the good work!
    I think that we should be able to rate posts (think slashdot)

    Actually, that is a terrible idea.

    Actually, in reconsideration, that is once again, a fantastic idea.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  28. #28
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    I think that we should be able to rate posts (think slashdot)

    Actually, that is a terrible idea.

    Actually, in reconsideration, that is once again, a fantastic idea.
    O stars and a ban notice.

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,570

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    I think that we should be able to rate posts (think slashdot)

    Actually, that is a terrible idea.

    Actually, in reconsideration, that is once again, a fantastic idea.
    like button
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

  30. #30
    Member Archie Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a car between LA and Vegas
    Posts
    908

    Default Re: kroqken makes WLS-TV Chicago news report

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Note to readers: Archie has pulled an old debater's trick. I was discussing his actions, his posts, and in response he has attempted to turn the focus of the conversation to be what Ken does and thinks. Ken, of course, is not actually here to contribute for himself, so instead we get Archie's representations of what Ken would say if he were here. And then, Archie uses that as his justification.

    Where Archie lives, people must be dimwitted enough to fall for that crap.
    WTF is this weak psychobabble of yours?

    I am not assuming or guessing what Ken does or thinks.

    I am stating FACTS regarding Ken's statements and interactions with me. If you think I'm fabricating this stuff, I can have him come out here and verify.

    FACT: Ken calls me whenever he starts posting here, and encourages me to join in. So it's not just that he doesn't mind that I post about him. He WANTS me to talk about him.

    FACT: I started this thread because Ken himself directly asked me to.

    The one stretching the facts and making assumptions here is Tom.

    Here's how it always plays out between me and him:

    1) I post something about Ken.

    2) Tom rides in on his white horse playing "Captain Save-a-Retard" and rips on me for supposedly insulting and degrading Ken.

    3) I insist that Ken asked me to come out and post, and enjoys the attention.

    4) Tom asserts that Ken isn't aware enough to realize what I'm doing.

    5) I respond that Ken IS aware, but actually enjoys it.


    Trust me, Tom, Ken doesn't want or need your help.

    BTW, not that this really matters, but I am the one who facilitated Ken's trip to Lollapalooza in the first place. He couldn't afford the airfare to Chicago, but I made it happen. Why? Because he's my friend, and he really wanted to go.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Similar Threads

  1. per KROQ report...set times
    By **NaNcY** in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 03:08 AM
  2. Love and Rockets report?
    By g0k1ngsg0 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
  3. Coachella news report
    By nx37602 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
  4. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 06:43 PM
  5. tonights Colbert Report!!!!
    By AEversW in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •