Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Glastonbury 2011 Coachella Board Meetup

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: The Official Glastonbury 2011 Coachella Board Meetup

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Bowie's reputation on the boards is kind of silly. People here act like he hasn't toured in 30 years. Where were you guys in 2004?
    AHAHA. very good point.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Bowie's reputation on the boards is kind of silly. People here act like he hasn't toured in 30 years. Where were you guys in 2004?
    I saw him in 2002 and to be honest it wasn't that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Oh hai, a 2011 thread. Inspired and registered. Likely in if one of the "Other accommodation options" works out.

So is Prince the American headliner? I mean, who else would make sense? Pearl Jam, Kanye are two that come to mind that haven't played Glasto...no way the Foos can headline Glasto...NIN COULD have worked...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Prince.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Not only that but...out of all the people clamouring for him non-stop on this board, how many of them actually listen to his music on any kind of regular basis? Not many, I suspect.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I saw him in on the Outside Tour with Nine Inch Nails in the mid 90's. It wasn't all that. It was cool but he really wasn't that memorable on that tour.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Oh hai, a 2011 thread. Inspired and registered. Likely in if one of the "Other accommodation options" works out.
    why wouldn't you want to stay on site?
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    So is Prince the American headliner? I mean, who else would make sense? Pearl Jam, Kanye are two that come to mind that haven't played Glasto...no way the Foos can headline Glasto...NIN COULD have worked...
    Foo's actually could do Glasto I think. Look at their shows in the past at Hyde Park and Wembley. The Brits fucking love 'em. Plus I think an album is in the works.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    why wouldn't you want to stay on site?
    More or less, many of these are on-site or near site. It would be for just a bit more comfort and the cost isn't that much more. After hearing about the endurance needed, taking care of ourselves at night sounds like the least we could do to keep up the pace the entire fest. Also, canít discount added security.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    More or less, many of these are on-site or near site. It would be for just a bit more comfort and the cost isn't that much more. After hearing about the endurance needed, taking care of ourselves at night sounds like the least we could do to keep up the pace the entire fest. Also, canít discount added security.
    u can take care of yourself just fine inside, and if you plan on taking it easy at night, you will be cheating yourself out of many things imo.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

taking care of yourselves 8 am to 4 pm, however, cheats you out of very little. some shelter from the elements during that time would definitely have been nice.

Top Choices:

myhab
    £395 for 2 people
    The myhab area is set in a lovely field on Pennard Hill Farm, previously used by Praxis, just outside the Festival site with its own exclusive entrance. Accommodation will consist of the eco-friendly myhab with its king size foam bedding and built in locker or the spacious 2 man pre-erected tents. It comes complete with toilets and showers just for myhab guests.
    Tangerine Fields
    £1,495 for a 2 person 'Yurtel' / £845 for a 2 peson 'Belleí (5 metre tent) / £210 for a prepitched tent
    Located in a secure private field, just 350 metres from Pedestrian Gate B, and with an array of accommodations on offer, from pre-pitched tents and geo-domes to gypsy caravans and yurtels, the Tangerine Fields campsite also offers campers the exclusive use of lovely loos, private showers and the popular pamper parlour, with its hair dryers and straighteners.
    The Yurt Company @ the yurt love field
    £2,250 to sleep 2 - 4 (would share with 4 for better value)
    Share the magical and spiritual experience of staying in one of our fabulous traditional silk lined mongolian yurts. Situated next to Gate B with hot showers and easy access to the festival, the yurt love field is the closest external camping. We are located in an idyllic setting in a secure field, complete with gurt yurt chill out and bar area.
    • Situated next to gate B, the yurt love field is the closest external camping
    • Hot showers and loos (What's a hot loo?)
    • Power Supply
    • Ample Parking
    • Breakfasts
    • Fully licensed bar
    Pennard Orchard
    £2,173 to sleep 2 - 4 (would share with 4 for better value)
    A tipi field situated in a beautiful meadow above the festival, minutes from its own entrance gate, Pennard Orchard provides fantastic comfort to enhance the greatest ever festival experience. It offers hand made tipis with beds and duvets to ensure a comfortable night's sleep, hot showers and toilets, great food and a fully licensed bar.

As a guest of Pennard Orchard you will be provided with the following:
    • Fully furnished tipi
    • Access to luxury loos and showers
    • Access to our Pennard Orchard bar & cafe
    • Car Parking pass
    • Vehicle access away from the main traffic
    • Access to private gate leading to festival
    • 24hr Security

old school

are you that soft, playa? i thought you were a lakers fan?

See you in the Orchard holmes

are you that soft, playa? i thought you were a lakers fan?
    You just answered your own question.

old school

says the suns fan

Thanks for posting those options playa, I'll be looking into this.

But will probably end up doing the regular camping due to cost.

From what I hear, security is a fairly minor issue at Glasto campsites. Of course, there's always a risk of having stuff stolen and your tent messed around with like at any other major festival. But I sense it's way safer and more chill here than say, those savages at Oxegen festival in Ireland.

says the suns fan
    $160 a piece for upperdeck tickets through the fan presale, the suns can go set at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    Thanks for posting those options playa, I'll be looking into this.

But will probably end up doing the regular camping due to cost.

From what I hear, security is a fairly minor issue at Glasto campsites. Of course, there's always a risk of having stuff stolen and your tent messed around with like at any other major festival. But I sense it's way safer and more chill here than say, those savages at Oxegen festival in Ireland.
    There's also a 24 hour lockup where you can leave your valuables.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

If you're gonna spend the money on those, MAKE SURE that it comes with "HOSPITALITY PASSES". It is totally not worth it, to spend that kind of money, and not have access to that side of the fence.

(granted, Boourns had hospitality passes this last year, and reminded me that it still was a clusterfuck of crowds and dirt, but still!)

Also, there's only two I would really consider, 1. the one that has its own private entrance to Shangri La and 2. the one that gives you go cart rides into the fest.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

The fest is about a year away and already the pussies are complaining and scared and plotting their escape.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    If you're gonna spend the money on those, MAKE SURE that it comes with "HOSPITALITY PASSES". It is totally not worth it, to spend that kind of money, and not have access to that side of the fence.

(granted, Boourns had hospitality passes this last year, and reminded me that it still was a clusterfuck of crowds and dirt, but still!)

Also, there's only two I would really consider, 1. the one that has its own private entrance to Shangri La and 2. the one that gives you go cart rides into the fest.
    The toilet trailers, the shortcut between the Other and Pyramid, and the Michael Eavis Sunday morning press conference make hospitality passes something worth pursuing. Actually, the toilet trailers alone.

The shortcut only got clusterfucked after LCD Soundsystem, thankfully.

I never did find the hospitality showers. I gave up and just bathed with the sink water.

As for these luxury offsite options, keep in mind they are all a long walk from everything and anything. Everything inside the gates is already a long walk from everything else.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    The fest is about a year away and already the pussies are complaining and scared and plotting their escape.
    this

I won't actually ever spend the cash on offsite camping, fuck that, sleep on a rock, sleep in the stone circle, take less, do more, carry less, see more, stop fucking worrying.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

I love it. People are trying to figure out where they are sleeping and that = scared pussies complaining and plotting to escape. Stupid pussies all worried and scared.

You guys are rad and deserve silver glittery stars for not discussing where you are camping.

If I end up going, I am sleeping at Glastonbury with 100,000 other amazing souls underneath the stars and not scurrying off to some outside safety zone.

It's fucking Glastonbury, suck it up for 5 days out of your life and just try and do something out of your comfort zone for once.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post

It's fucking Glastonbury, suck it up for 5 days out of your life and just try and do something out of your comfort zone for once.
    You should go barefoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

old school

why does fauxman post in threads where he knows zero about the topic being discussed? does he play the ignorant tough guy role in real life too?

I'm the tough guy? ha ha ha I'm not the one in here calling people pussies for simply deciding where they want to camp at your music festival (see, respect! it's YOUR fest buddy, I know). I like you ShyGuy. You're not like a lot of the other pussies around here. You know when to stick up for you boyfriends. I saw a lot of pussies post when they got back last year too. Little girls going on about how sick they got or having to leave early. I'm with you bro. Me and you are the same.

The 75'ers...

Not to be confused with: The Fiver!