Page 1 of 41 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Glastonbury 2011 Coachella Board Meetup

Cool The Official Glastonbury 2011 Coachella Board Meetup

With this year over and done with, tickets for next year on sale in a few weeks, and rumors already trickling out, I guess it's about time to focus on 2011.

According to Michael Eavis, all three headliners in place

Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis confirmed to eFestivals that next year's Festival will be headlined by "The three biggest bands in the world. You won't believe who we've got." The farmer made the statement exclusively to eFestivals at Friday's Pilton Party 2010.

His daughter Emily, who also organises the event, clarified to eFestivals that the third headliner is not yet a signed and sealed deal but everything is now expected to slot into place. Because Eavis made this new comment so soon after he revealed he hoped to book U2, it looks likely that the third headliner will be the Irish act.

The Pilton Party was headlined by Paolo Nutini supported by a line-up that included this year's Emerging Talent Competition winners Ellen and the Escapades, and previous entrants Stornoway, is put on by the Glastonbury organisers to thank local residents for their help with the Festival. Funds raised from the Party go to local community projects.

Farmer Eavis also revealed to eFestivals that work is nearly complete on the Worthy Farm's solar electricity system (the UK's largest private) with 1,500 square metres of solar panels, which will generate the same amount of power annually as used by around 30 homes. The completed solar panel system is due to be unveiled at the farm next month.

Over a thousand solar panels sit atop the farm's huge barns which are home to the Worthy Farm herd while the Festival is on. On a sunny day the panels are expected to generate some 200kW of power enough to meet the power demands of the farm. Any power which isn't used by the farm will be exported to the National Grid.

Because solar panels create clean electricity, the Worthy system will save around 100 tonnes of CO2 a year (equivalent to the total annual footprint of 10 people in the UK).

Michael Eavis said of the project back in February, "It's a very exciting project for us. We first had renewable energy at the Festival in 1979 and we've been trying to increase it ever since. We want the Festival, and the farm, to be as green as they can be. The solar panels will make a huge contribution towards that."

Tickets
    Tickets for next year's Glastonbury Festival will go on sale at 9am on Sunday 3rd October priced at 195 + 5 booking fee (plus 4.95 postage). All tickets must be reserved using the deposit scheme at a price of 50 per person. Everyone who plans to the come the Festival next year must be registered.

Registration does not reserve or guarantee you a ticket when they go on sale, but if you don't register you will not be able to buy a weekend ticket for Glastonbury Festival 2011. If you opt to save this information you will be able to use your registration number again in future years. Make sure the e-mail address you provide is one to which you will have long term access.

For more detailed registration and ticket information click here.

Next year's Glastonbury runs for five full days from Wednesday 22nd until Sunday 26th June 2011 across a 1,000 acres of beautiful countryside at Worthy Farm, Somerset. Expect something like 2,000 performances at 50 or so venues including music, cabaret, theatre, circus, a fantastic Kidz area, poetry, green crafts and information and loads, loads more ... much more than just the music, so make sure you check it all out!

No acts are confirmed as yet, but as usual eFestivals will bring you the very best-sourced rumours, allowing festival-goers to see who is playing long before the bands are formally announced - keep your eyes on the Glastonbury 2011 rumours, updated as we receive information.
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100906a.shtml

Tickets on-sale October 3rd at 9am GMT. Advance registration is required to reserve a ticket.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Default Re: The Official Glastonbury 2011 Coachella Board Meetup

So U2, but no Pulp or Bowie, then?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

U2
    Coldplay
    Radiohead

My guess.

I'm registering but refuse to make any promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Glad to hear! Not making any promises, either. It all depends on a few factors that are currently unpredictable (resources, someone going with me, lineup). I'll reserve a ticket on the third just in case. My registration is still good, it seems.

old school

"The three biggest bands in the world. You won't believe who we've got."

hahahahaha

things like this would upset me if eavis wasn't one of the greatest humans on the planet. dontates every cent of profit from his own festival to charity.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Eavis: Me and my money

an article form 2007.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/celebri...in_page_id=181

Let it be Radiohead, that means theyll tour europe, I am happy.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I heard it's Prince and Radiohead. 3rd Headliner TBD.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

U2, Radiohead, Zeppelin. He said ''bands'', Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I think U2 is questionable due to them playing Michigan that weekend. I know what he said but Eavis also likes to talk out of his ass too.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

old school

bon jovi, aerosmith, rolling stones
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I heard it's Prince and Radiohead. 3rd Headliner TBD.
    Where'd you hear this?

I think U2 is questionable due to them playing Michigan that weekend. I know what he said but Eavis also likes to talk out of his ass too.
    U2 at Glasto on Friday, U2 in America on Sunday? That is the exact same scenario that was scheduled to happen this year.
    Last edited by Boourns; 09-07-2010 at 04:46 PM.

How? they were doing it already when they had Minnesota the same weekend this year. Theyll play Friday, and fly back Saturday here to the U.S. for their show Sunday. Also, it wont be with the claw, how is that questionable?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

do you think we'll know any before the on sale date? we at least knew u2 last year, right?

oh wait. I'm not going anyway.

Sucks to have to commit to something this early. I like to plan ahead, but 9 months in advance? Sheesh

How? they were doing it already when they had Minnesota the same weekend this year. Theyll play Friday, and fly back Saturday here to the U.S. for their show Sunday. Also, it wont be with the claw, how is that questionable?
    supre'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Where'd you hear this?
    people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post
    Sucks to have to commit to something this early. I like to plan ahead, but 9 months in advance? Sheesh
    you don't commit actually. you can cancel your ticket any time before... march?... and get all but 10 pounds back.

supre'd.

capitol records people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman908 View Post

I committed to going to Primavera Sound back in November of last year, and thats about 8 months in advance, whats it matter? Youre lucky thry give you the option to give up your ticket.

so it's gonna be the Stones, U2 and Zep?

I could see U2, Radiohead, Stones?

bah, no clue.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Just put a deposit in, youll find out at least 2 of those headliners before the deadline for a refund comes.

I'd guess U2, Coldplay, Kylie.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I'd guess U2, Coldplay, Kylie.
    but then i would think the wording would have been three biggest ARTISTS...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

True. But there's also the possibility he meant artists. And there's those female headliner reports from before. And for that matter, the American act he's been after for years, and Prince would perfectly fit that.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    so it's gonna be the Stones, U2 and Zep?
    I could see U2, Radiohead, Stones?
    bah, no clue.
    Sorry to butt in, but I think as far as most Zeppelin fans are concerned, sure, it would be awesome to see the remaining members get together and perform...but, it won't really be "Led Zeppelin," sorry...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

U2
    Prince
    Kylie Minogue
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

u2, stones, kylie.

Thinking I'm going to have to drop money on this deposit...but I guess I can always get it back after some of the lineup trickles out, right? I just don't know the logistics of doing a Europe trip this upcoming summer...

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Most of these headliners you all are guessing wouldn't get me to my local stadium or arena 'little lone' a farm in England. U2, Coldplay and the Stones? hahahaha They could fuck right off with that garbage.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Most of these headliners you all are guessing wouldn't get me to my local stadium or arena 'little lone' a farm in England. U2, Coldplay and the Stones? hahahaha They could fuck right off with that garbage.
    fauxy has spoken

/thread