Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga.

Default Lady Gaga.

I will kill six orphaned baby angles if she shows her face on the lineup. Thats a crowd I am not prepared to deal with. But I have decided If she must come than she may only on one condition.

Lady Gaga performs mainstage.
    Daft Punk performs Sahara (A stretch I know, Daft Punk is a mainstage performer, but we have to think, what self-respecting usual sahara goer wouldnt see Daft Punk? There is no electronic act that will rival them, therefore to justify my girlish dreams I shall stick them in the Sahara.)

Anyways. Gaga will thin out the Daft Punk crowd leaving me free to dance to beautiful musique, far away from the love games and disco sticks.

Thats some big headliners for one night, but this is a purely hypothetical situation.

old school

Default Re: Lady Gaga.

FIRE AT WILL!!!!!!

old school

Your gonna piss off a lot of geometry professors if you kill those orphaned baby angles.

Word. ahem. Angels. I dont care how acute they are ;D

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAgentCranny View Post
    I will kill six orphaned baby angles if she shows her face on the lineup. Thats a crowd I am not prepared to deal with. But I have decided If she must come than she may only on one condition.

Lady Gaga performs mainstage.
    Daft Punk performs Sahara (A stretch I know, Daft Punk is a mainstage performer, but we have to think, what self-respecting usual sahara goer wouldnt see Daft Punk? There is no electronic act that will rival them, therefore to justify my girlish dreams I shall stick them in the Sahara.)

Anyways. Gaga will thin out the Daft Punk crowd leaving me free to dance to beautiful musique, far away from the love games and disco sticks.

Thats some big headliners for one night, but this is a purely hypothetical situation.
    for the record. If for some "crazy" reason both Lady Gaga and Daft Punk "are" there, expect both of them to be on the main stage with Co-Headlining duties.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Daft Punk and Lady Gaga would be awesome.

Lurker

AWESOME INDEEEEED! put them both on the mainstage so all can enjoy both!!!! WE WERE BORN THIS WAY, BABYYYYYYYY

I would like to start a collection to keep Lady Gag away from Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

who cares if she's there? if you don't like her, you'll be somewhere else.

who cares if she brings fans you don't like, everyone brings fans that you don't like.

She'll sell tickets, put on a good show, and thin out the crowds for the other stages.

(The term "you" is used for anyone complaining about a POPULAR, FRESH act playing, it's Coachella for fucks sakes, that's the point)

I'd check her out at least.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post

who cares if she brings fans you don't like, everyone brings fans that you don't like.

She'll sell tickets, put on a good show, and thin out the crowds for the other stages.

(The term "you" is used for anyone complaining about a POPULAR, FRESH act playing, it's Coachella for fucks sakes, that's the point)

Yeah I think people forget this. Remember who was playing during Madonna in 06? Mogwai, The YYYs and the Editors. To no crowds.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Never a truer word spoken! The same muppets grumbling now, will be wanting Gaga there in 20 years when she becomes retro-cool in the same way as Madonna.

If the presence of one artist at Coachella is going to ruin your entire Coachella then you probably shouldn't be going anyway.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I want her to be at Coachella cause thats the only way I would pay to see her (aside from that kanye/gaga tour)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Yeah I think people forget this. Remember who was playing during Madonna in 06? Mogwai, The YYYs and the Editors. To no crowds.
    Not to be a picky bitch but the Yeah Yeah Yeahs had just ended on the mainstage. I began walking with the mass crowd to the sahara tent. After a long drunken trek, I decided the best course of action was to buy 2 hotdogs and watch Mogwai. Still the one of the top 10 coachella performances of all time. (so far)
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    Not to be a picky bitch but the Yeah Yeah Yeahs had just ended on the mainstage. I began walking with the mass crowd to the sahara tent. After a long drunken trek, I decided the best course of action was to buy 2 hotdogs and watch Mogwai. Still the one of the top 10 coachella performances of all time. (so far)
    Still. Mogwai and Editors. Also, a lot of people missed YYY's due to trying to get a spot for Madonna.

touche. On the flip side of that coin, did anyone see The Lemonheads or Infected Mushroom in 2007?
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

I vaguely remember Pot making comments about watching the lemonheads during RATM.

old school

Bring me GAGA! I would love to see her at the polo fields.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I want her to be at Coachella cause thats the only way I would pay to see her (aside from that kanye/gaga tour)
    true THAT. (except with no aside)

true THAT. (except with no aside)
    Exactly. I would never pay 100 dollars to see her
    Last edited by leo01g; 09-14-2010 at 09:39 PM.

gaga is superlame
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    touche. On the flip side of that coin, did anyone see The Lemonheads or Infected Mushroom in 2007?
    I was at the Mushroom set. It was really good.

She doesn't have any dates scheduled between the 13th and the 18th, although they're on the other side of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I am against this, but as long as she is not playing unopposed, I could care less.

2012 Coachella & TBA
    2011 Wakarusa & Bonnaroo
    2010 Coachella
    2009 Bonnaroo
    2008 Wakarusa

Coachella Junkie

Alright look people:

First point:

Hypothetical: Both Daft Punk and Lady Gaga perform next year. Those are two names that will clearly draw ALOT of people and I'd bet that they carry ticket sales just fine. From a business perspective, why in the HELL would you put them on the same night, rather than spread them out across different days and thus not have to book a "4th" headliner (because lets face it, they are both headliners whether you like them or not). That'd be fucking retarded.

Point being, if they play, it wont be on the same night. They'll play different nights because it's a better move financially.

2nd point:

Daft will not play in the Sahara. When you sell out the LA sports arena with no problem, you are too big to play in the Sahara. It'd be just like Madonna in 2006, and we all know how bad of a reputation that set has for being near-dangerously packed. They'll play on the mainstage.

3rd point:

Why in the hell would DP and Gaga play at the same time? There is a HUGE crossover fanbase (a really annoying one), and we all know it's not really Coachella's style to schedule headliner-status acts at the exact same time.
    Last edited by betao; 09-15-2010 at 07:34 AM.

old school

I really hope Gaga isn't there. Would Coachella really use 2 of their 3 headliners on acts that just played Lolla? Laziness...
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Alright look people:

First point:

Hypothetical: Both Daft Punk and Lady Gaga perform next year. Those are two names that will clearly draw ALOT of people and I'd bet that they carry ticket sales just fine. From a business perspective, why in the HELL would you put them on the same night, rather than spread them out across different days and thus not have to book a "4th" headliner (because lets face it, they are both headliners whether you like them or not). That'd be fucking retarded.

Point being, if they play, it wont be on the same night. They'll play different nights because it's a better move financially.

2nd point:

Daft will not play in the Sahara. When you sell out the LA sports arena with no problem, you are too big to play in the Sahara. It'd be just like Madonna in 2006, and we all know how bad of a reputation that set has for being near-dangerously packed. They'll play on the mainstage.

3rd point:

Why in the hell would DP and Gaga play at the same time? There is a HUGE crossover fanbase (a really annoying one), and we all know it's not really Coachella's style to schedule headliner-status acts at the exact same time.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they would play the same time. Usually if two artists co-headline they would share the Main Stage with both getting full sets.
    There are different ways to look at this. If I were a festival organizer I satisfy a lot of people with this pairing and can keep some uniqueness whilst also deflecting the criticisms of booking commercial pop.

Having Gaga play at say 7:30-9:00 and finishing the evening with DP would satisfy the anti-Gaga crowd.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting they would play the same time. Usually if two artists co-headline they would share the Main Stage with both getting full sets.
    There are different ways to look at this. If I were a festival organizer I satisfy a lot of people with this pairing and can keep some uniqueness whilst also deflecting the criticisms of booking commercial pop.

Having Gaga play at say 7:30-9:00 and finishing the evening with DP would satisfy the anti-Gaga crowd.
    The OP suggested they play at the same time.

Yeah you would satisfy those people, but here's the thing you have to consider: Coachella's up-sell product is the 3-Day pass. You want people going to all three days of the festival. When you book two headliner-worthy acts that have a pretty good sized cross-over fanbase, you put them on separate nights to keep the audience coming back the next night. And, like I said, why would you book 4 headliners for a 3 day festival when you could just as easily book 3 and still sell tickets fine? Why spend all that extra money?

And those people would still be satisfied - they still get to see their acts.
    Last edited by betao; 09-15-2010 at 08:28 AM.