Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burning Man 2010 Webcam- Live from the world’s most dangerous arts festival

Default Burning Man 2010 Webcam- Live from the world’s most dangerous arts festival

http://www.ustream.tv/burningman

During the day they have audio from one of the BM radio stations so the music is pretty eclectic.

The real fun starts at night though when it’s an explosion of light, neon, and fire.

This just became my favorite TV show this week.

Default Re: Burning Man 2010 Webcam- Live from the world’s most dangerous arts festival

this shit is insane.

Default Re: Burning Man 2010 Webcam- Live from the world’s most dangerous arts festival

bwahahaha that shit is amazing. look at all the LIGHTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

A lot of the large scale art that debuts at Burning Man is later featured at other festivals like Coachella.

I’m really digging this piece

It looks amazing when light up at night

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

wow, that is nuts. I REALLY to do this one year.

the sound is really fucking eerie hahaha
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

PERFECT mix-tape to the 2010 BM nighttime Webcab –

http://www.djdan.com/FutureRetroMixt....frmixtape.mp3

SF hearts DJ DAN

Im my opinion, Coachella clowns on Burning Man

you're comparing?

wow.

^next year zimm, fa sho. Black Rock City is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post

yes, i will be there next year. and DEFINITELY in 2012, that is gonna be absurd.

The best thing about burning man is when that dude burnt burning man way earlier than all the lame hippies wanted him to.
    I officially hate this message board now.

Trying to compare Burning Man to other music festivals is like trying to compare Apples to Afghanistan.

People get run over, decapitated, impaled, and die all the time. You’re on the set of this amazing 100+ million dollar summer blockbuster movie and just running amuck from one side of the set to the other on your bike, sometimes having to take cover during dust storms with strangers with great pills and better stories.

What I like though is that a lot of the large scale art used to just live at Burning Man. Now you’re seeing more and more of it show up at other music festivals, because that must look pretty fucking bitching on your resume. I set up this piece in the desert for a week while nature and freaks stomped on it and it never once failed. You already got the job by that point.

Just gonna say, I love Coachella. Comparing BM to C makes no sense. They are totally different. However, living and serving the bulk of the people coming to and from BM sucks ass. Most BM goers are fucking assholes. When BM comes around is when I get my first wind of anticipation for Coach and I can't wait to party in the desert for a concrete reason. I love the Playa, but only when I can enjoy it with a few friends and not 45,000 pricks and 5,00 decent people. Sorry, if you live in Reno, you understand this rant
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

^

i agree with you on this to a certain extent. a lot of the peeps there were not "true burners" and probably don't even know the difference between left and right.

what i found to be funny was that even though burning man is about creativity, 85% of the people/camps there were all copying off each other. lol. a bunch of sheeple, even at burning man.

^That being said, some of the most creative and brilliant minds get utilized to the fullest extent. The artwork alone should be enough to get anyone out there at least once, right guyz?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tattoo View Post
    People get run over, decapitated, impaled, and die all the time.
    Right. I'm sure that happens all the time at Burning Man.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    ^

i agree with you on this to a certain extent. a lot of the peeps there were not "true burners" and probably don't even know the difference between left and right.

what i found to be funny was that even though burning man is about creativity, 85% of the people/camps there were all copying off each other. lol. a bunch of sheeple, even at burning man.
    example? (beyond citing a bunch of geodesic domes).

a "true burner" would reject the notion of a "true burner". candy ravers are just as much a part of the city as the fleathers or the death guild. Everyone is humbled by the experience from crusty vets to first time frat boys.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Right. I'm sure that happens all the time at Burning Man.
    It was the first thing I heard once we reached Burning Man '96.

Drunk driver smashed into something and seared his head clear off, blood everywhere. Drunk in question was a good friend of John Law, one of the founders of BM who later quit that year.

From the '96 Burning Man Donner Awards –

1996: This year the Donner Award was given to all the reckless drivers who turned the playa into a risky game of chance, thereby changing the driving rules for everyone. The top winners were: Fourth place - the college student who rolled his parents' Isuzu Trooper just south of camp. Third place - the two local kids who flipped their Suzuki Quadrunner while playing tag with another moving vehicle. Second place - the drunk driver who sheared off the rear end of another pickup truck during a dust storm. And finally, first place - the spaced-out junkie who borrowed his girlfriend's rental car, and then plowed it into an occupied tent, causing severe injuries.

It was the first thing I heard once we reached Burning Man '96.

Drunk driver smashed into something and seared his head clear off, blood everywhere. Drunk in question was a good friend of John Law, one of the founders of BM who later quit that year.

From the '96 Burning Man Donner Awards –

1996: This year the Donner Award was given to all the reckless drivers who turned the playa into a risky game of chance, thereby changing the driving rules for everyone. The top winners were: Fourth place - the college student who rolled his parents' Isuzu Trooper just south of camp. Third place - the two local kids who flipped their Suzuki Quadrunner while playing tag with another moving vehicle. Second place - the drunk driver who sheared off the rear end of another pickup truck during a dust storm. And finally, first place - the spaced-out junkie who borrowed his girlfriend's rental car, and then plowed it into an occupied tent, causing severe injuries.
    That was 14 years ago when the population was only a few thousand. They have lots of BLM rangers and local cops out there now. You're not even allowed to drive a car out on the playa unless it's a registered art car and even then there's a 5mph speed limit. There are extremely few deaths or even serious injuries these days.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    That was 14 years ago when the population was only a few thousand. They have lots of BLM rangers and local cops out there now. You're not even allowed to drive a car out on the playa unless it's a registered art car and even then there's a 5mph speed limit. There are extremely few deaths or even serious injuries these days.
    So they took all the fun out of burning man?

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Ive read alot of stupid shit on this board but, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

a "true burner" would reject the notion of a "true burner". candy ravers are just as much a part of the city as the fleathers or the death guild. Everyone is humbled by the experience from crusty vets to first time frat boys.
    what camp were you with? im sure it's a perfect example

Is the police presence at BM as strong as rumored? They really trip on the weed smokin and shit like that more than most?

It's in nevada.....

Nevada.

True that.

I remember this cover story from a Piss Clear issue years ago that asked if yuppie dot.comers (Ha! Remember when we all worked at dot.coms? Good times…) were ruining Burning Man. The gist of the article was that Burning Man has always been a yuppie experience ever since it moved to the playa. What else do you call someone who, at the bare minimum, has several hundreds of dollars in disposable income to go to the event, or at the other end of the spectrum, several thousands, maybe even tens of thousands of dollars in disposable income, to spend on building an art project, several of which are destroyed at the end of the week.

what camp were you with? im sure it's a perfect example
    trust me you don't want to compare notes as far as contributions out there. not this year or in years past, or probably in years to come.

Unless you do want to.

i'm waiting

True that.

I remember this cover story from a Piss Clear issue years ago that asked if yuppie dot.comers (Ha! Remember when we all worked at dot.coms? Good times…) were ruining Burning Man. The gist of the article was that Burning Man has always been a yuppie experience ever since it moved to the playa. What else do you call someone who, at the bare minimum, has several hundreds of dollars in disposable income to go to the event, or at the other end of the spectrum, several thousands, maybe even tens of thousands of dollars in disposable income, to spend on building an art project, several of which are destroyed at the end of the week.
    I'm glad Adrian and the Piss Clear folks were back this year (although "Piss Clear" is dead). The articles this year had much the same attitude as the one you're quoting.

The yuppies are a big part of what make that whole thing possible. Those large sound cames and large installations cost tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce. Just because you see a bunch of fleathers on stage doesn't mean they are the ones who created it. And people with money aren't always just lucky. These are generally smart people who have the resources and talent to contribute for no other reason than to produce the greatest party anyone's ever seen. And they don't require a single thank you from anyone. And trust me if it the ravers and frat boys and wide eyed freaks weren't there, and it were just a bunch of these "true burners", the place would not be the same experience. Plus there are many many types of old school burners. The folks who put on the old school sound camps? Lots of people can't stand them. Is it the old-timer DPW folks? Lots of people can't stand them. All the people who complain about commercialization and yuppies and frat boys and candy ravers and all that bullshit are the ones who aren't really needed out there. They usually drop that attitude after a few burns anyway.

i'm waiting
    you're adorable.

^ do you speak out of yer ass all day or are you capable of more?