Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVE 105 Halloween Subsonic Spookfest

Default Re: LIVE 105 Halloween Subsonic Spookfest

Salami Sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    At least 16 people have been hospitalized, with two of those victims in critical condition, after attending a music event Friday night at Daly City's Cow Palace
    HTH is that even possible? I mean, the crowd was shovy, but it wasn't nearly as hot as etd.pop was ... do people just not know how to take care of themselves at these things?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBryan View Post
    Guedita recognized me and introduced herself to me just before Underworld. a million cool points to you and Ill get you a drink at a future show.
    Awesome. I'm glad you met up and had fun with each other.

Did you read the article? Drug OD and such. Keep in mind the article was posted at fucking 9 pm. Who knows how the rest of the night went.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Did you read the article? Drug OD and such. Keep in mind the article was posted at fucking 9 pm. Who knows how the rest of the night went.
    Yeah, but (a) 'drug overdose' is remarkably unspecific, and (b) anytime anything goes wrong at an event like this, the local media cry 'drug overdose' before anyone actually letting the doctors figure out what's going on, so an article posted at 9pm's claims of drug overdose are not credible.

Please. Don't be ignorant. Do you expect emergency staff to drug test afflicted dipshits on the spot? They said outright that they were treating people for drug/alcohol overdose. Not fucking heat exhaustion, not fucking food poisoning, not fucking swine flu. You know as well as I do that it was people either taking too much fucking E (or other substance), or taking bad shit. An article posted at 9pm about drug overdose is just as credible as an article posted this afternoon when the information comes directly from medical staff. I'm not sure who you are trying to stick up for here, but you are doing a poor job.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

can you actually OD on e?

Please. Don't be ignorant. Do you expect emergency staff to drug test afflicted dipshits on the spot? They said outright that they were treating people for drug/alcohol overdose. Not fucking heat exhaustion, not fucking food poisoning, not fucking swine flu. You know as well as I do that it was people either taking too much fucking E (or other substance), or taking bad shit. An article posted at 9pm about drug overdose is just as credible as an article posted this afternoon when the information comes directly from medical staff. I'm not sure who you are trying to stick up for here, but you are doing a poor job.
    That's a somewhat strident reaction.

I expect the local press to overreact and blame anything which happens at an electronic music event on drugs; that's what they always do.

I think you're probably right that it's dipshits taking stuff and then not taking care of themselves. But my experience with the San Mateo county press is that they'll simply assume this is true and not do any research.

That was pretty much the case with etd.pop, where they all repeated the same "tainted drugs!" story for several days before it turned out that it was a myth, that none of the medical staff at any of the hospitals could verify it, that it was completely implausible <i>because the people who died brought their own drugs which they obtained from different sources</i> ... and the local press had simply repeated it for days, enshrining it as a "truth" in local political thought.

What possible reason would I have for believing the press to be more responsible today than they were in May?

i believe it. lots of kids who cant handle their shit. but we have such a solid group around us it makes it easier.

The plus side is these 17 year old shirtless twink boys have no problem letting me grab their ass (thanks again to stinkbutt for making that happen!! after this and what happened in berlin you are now officially my wing man)

last night was so fun
    Last edited by sbessiso; 10-30-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgbgb View Post

I think i saw someone on here joking (i think) about brining their cat
    It wasn't a joke, I brought her. She got a light show on the floor and was like meoWOW.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Had a fucking blast. Didn't get there until Aoki had started unfortunately, really wanted to see Fake Blood and Booka Shade. Big group plus delays plus security line, etc. But the combo of MSTRKRFT, Dada Life, LA Riots and Wolfgang was fantastic.

I myself rolled for the first time, as did several other people in my group and we had a few others that had done it before. Towards the end of LA Riots I could tell I was getting overheated and dehydrated so my buddy and I went to the hall to cool off and get some water. Unfortunately I never really felt recovered enough so I had to listen to Wolfgang's set from the hall. Would have liked to go to the seats to watch Underworld and just chill but had to stay in the spot where my group knew where I was. Listening to Wolfgang from the hall was still good.

Fun event, lots of people, good music, good vibe (I thought).
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I cried a little after Underworld. There's a reason these guys are the best.

DJ Shadow's set was in a weird place, but was beautiful nonetheless, especially when you could feel that bass deeply.

Watching MSTRKRFT from the bleachers eating popcorn was actually pretty fun.

I was really worried that Steve Aoki wasn't going to play WARP at all during his set, but he did THANK GOD!

Booka Shade was awesome but far too short, early, and quiet. I need to see them in a club or something.

Why did they stop serving alcohol at 10? Now I wonder if had anything to do with the medical emergency bruhaha that was going on.

By far the most hilarious people I met were the pregnant girl and her guy who spent 50 dollars only to see Blaqk Audio, but showed up at 9 because they thought they were slotted to play at 9:30. WHAT? Also, all the dads I saw outside the venue waiting to pick their kids up. Oh poppas.

that one part during K.O.S when its just a blinding white light and the beat is going crazy. wow that was intense.

i thought booka was alright but i had A LOT of fun in the crowd. there was so much good spirit going around.

cara, i love dancing with you
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

karl didn't do the hand cam deal for KoS? i know it's a bit overdone now, but i still love that...esp when in a different head space.

Karl had the cam going, it was cool. On the whole, UWs [light show] was pretty simple yet effective.
    Last edited by fikus222; 10-30-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Underworld rocked the fucking house last night. I'm glad I went

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

DJ Shadow was a bit out of place, but having seen him before, I knew what to expect and knew that the crowd would thin and his set would be a different than the rest (in fact, didn't he thank the crowd at the end for taking something different...?). But the sphere was a great deal, it got real fun after a while.
    The first couple tracks of Underworld I was a little bummed out. We were on the floor, the volume seemed low, zero crowd, and no one moving/dancing/anything. There were even groups of people sitting down. But by the time Scribble hit, we had made our way more towards the middle, music seemed louder, and I think by Bird 1 I either stopped caring about the crowd and/or the crowd around me got into it.
    Regardless, I completely transcended during their set. Once I heard K.O.S. I thought "oh my god here it comes" and...yeah...if you were there then you were there, that's all I'll say about that.

On a side note, standing in line to buy water, some Waldo fuck grabbed a glass bottle from the counter when the worker wasn't looking, and randomly threw it on the ground by my feet, shattering glass everywhere. He said something under his breath to me like it was cool or something. A security guy was near and couldn't figure out how the fuck that happened, the second Waldo paid and walked away I told the security guy "it was Waldo". 2 seconds later Waldo was getting hassled by a couple yellow shirts = p
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

was there steam floating in the halls with moist walls? and slippery wet floors?

O and someone tell me how videogaming went Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    and...yeah...if you were there then you were there, that's all I'll say about that.
    Yes. First show in a long time that I didnt take ANY pics with my camera or phone and I had both. I guess after a while I was reminded of the concert etiquette thread and just enjoyed the show(s) and my own experience.

I mentioned earlier in the thread or the Underworld thread how I was sold on them at Spookfest just based off of liking Barking and was anticipating Scribble all night. Evan as just a casual fan before, I knew it was special and rare when *they* came around.

Spookfest 2011; Anyone else think The Prodigy would be a nice fit?
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty

Does anyone know the disco song (possibly 70's one-hit wonder) that Dada Life mixed in their set last night? Need it in my life.
    LIL' B

It was great to run into you Bryan, I definitely kept my eye out for a Cartman costume. Hope to see you again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post

cara, i love dancing with you

The plus side is these 17 year old shirtless twink boys have no problem letting me grab their ass (thanks again to stinkbutt for making that happen!! after this and what happened in berlin you are now officially my wing man)
    You got it dude
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Last night was BANANAS.
    That banana was my favorite thing.
    BANANA

I went to see Wolfgang midway through Underworld's performance, and just like Coachella he was the best act of the entire night. WAY too many fucking candi kids though. I almost felt like I was back in high school, it was fucking ridiculous.

Listening to Wolfgang's set from WMC, making me more disappointed I wasn't in there to see his set.

On another note, was it just me or were the visuals pretty lackluster? I didn't see Shadow, I'm sure his set-up was ridiculous. I understand in the side room, but the main stage had practically nothing. Some small screens way back behind the DJ rigs that were not in your face at all, and some basic lights. I was a little disappointed in that. Hell, the best lighting I saw all night was someone flashing a green laser off the disco ball above the stage. And as already mentioned, the sound was way too low at the main stage. The loudness of the side room (lower ceiling?) alone made it more enjoyable.
    Last edited by thefrush; 10-31-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    And as already mentioned, the sound was way too low at the main stage.
    not disagreeing, but I really dont get this. I could hear the music blasting from the main room when I was out in the halls or in the restroom.
    8/27 Rock the Bells @ Shoreline
    9/1 Amon Tobin @ The Warfield
    9/30 DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock @ Mighty

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    It was great to run into you Bryan, I definitely kept my eye out for a Cartman costume. Hope to see you again soon.
    That was you??? I specifically remember a Cartman bumping into me leaving the crowd. If I had known you wouldve gotten your hug.

Did you see channel 2 news, 6 people went to the hospital last night and they are threatening to close down the cow palace???

Last edited by sbconnection; 10-31-2010 at 07:46 PM.

They said no more rave type events at the cow palace, from what I heard...

you know that clip is was posted on june 1st 2010 and is talking about etd pop not spookfest right?