last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Default Re: The Walking Dead

^^ fucking LOL! ^^

omg y'all, watch this short film.
    Bitten father must do what he can to protect his infant child before he turns.

14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

New trailer from comic con. Looks sick.
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...-dead-season-4
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Just started watching over a week ago. Halfway through season 2. Hooked.

Good God Norman Reedus is dreamy.
    Must go back and watch Boondock Saints! :P

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

But...

Key season 2 flaw...

With no physical barriers to stop a zombie attack on their little tent encampment... How does it make any sense? Put one person on watch all night to make sure that zombies don't come in from any of three hundred and sixty degrees? Let's just assume that this is the case. Why did it take the entire season for a real horde of zombies to appear? How did no smaller hordes zero in on their location during the season? How did the gun shots around the house, and in the nearby woods, not attract singles, small groups, or entire hordes to their location? Notice how keen the zombies walking the highway were in the first episode or two of the season. I have trouble believing in this show after season 2, though season 3, from the two episodes I saw, had a lot of potential.

Zombies don't exist, okay. Okay. Once you establish that, in the world of the Walking Dead, zombies DO exist, I think you have to move on to what a zombie would and would not do based on logic, with some room for creative differences. I can't see any world with zombies, hungry zombies, who're just blindly stumbling through long empty highways filled with cars. If a zombie is to be a suitably scary being in this tv show, it must have some cunning. That the zombies switch off from having total hungry cunning, to being nothing more than walking wax sculptures when the writers feel it's time for ten episodes of whiny drama?

That's why this show is bullshit. Looking forward to season 3 telling me to stfu, or further establishing my claims.

Been a while since I added to my ignore list.

HAHAHA ^

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    With no physical barriers to stop a zombie attack on their little tent encampment... How does it make any sense? ......... How did the gun shots around the house, and in the nearby woods, not attract singles, small groups, or entire hordes to their location?
    True true, that didn't sit well with me either.
    And the "drama" is annoying. Still learning character names, honestly, haha. Rick's wife and kid need to STFU.

But again, after watching, I just carry on with my day, rather than dissect/bitch about a show's writing.

Maybe Zombies are "learning" as they go along, too. Season 2 they were not as desperate as they are now in later seasons. As well, maybe they hadn't fanned out to that area of the woods yet. How far were they from the city at that point?

lol @ people bitching about reading. Glad we could get that out of the way.

Someone I know insisted that maybe the zombies were pretty much busy going to the meetup point of the huge horde, then sweeping across to unearth the remaining living, which could be plausible, though it insists an intelligence, and a weakness to their numbers, which is not at all representative of their in-town scenes.

What I mean to say...

There would have to be a formula based on average zombie landspeed, hunger/ drive, intelligence, and instinct to horde, among many other variables. It just seems like they totally half-assed on the zombie logistics in favor of pretty cool special effects, and developing characters who aren't worth much. It's still a fun show, and hopefully netflix gets season 3 soon (pretty sure they're still stuck on two).

I thought everyone realized it was Carl's gunshot that brought the horde to the farm. they were initially following the helicopter out of the city until they heard the gunshot.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I thought everyone realized it was Carl's gunshot that brought the horde to the farm. they were initially following the helicopter out of the city until they heard the gunshot.
    Do you think it works like that? A group of ten to a hundred helicopters could just fly around directing the undead into whatever kind of trap they wanted, if that were the case. I do believe that zombies have their many weaknesses, but I'd like to give them more credit than that, if there're going to be more seasons of the Walking Dead, at least. Also, I'm trying to imagine that this group of survivors is doing right by themselves, minus the tents with no barricades. Every group would have its own agenda, so I'm trying to just accept what they're doing as the best they can do. Maybe I'm just being too picky.

considering that's the only helicopter we've seen in the series (albeit, more than once) I'd think finding ten to a hundred helicopters and ten to a hundred helicopter pilots to fly them after a ZA would be less believable than guarding the camp with one guy scanning all 360 degrees. at that point in the series, most walkers were still in the cities, so the group was relatively safe except for the odd walker here and there. the herd followed the highway initially because that's where most victims would have been compared to a random camp in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    Maybe I'm just being too picky.
    or that.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

considering that's the only helicopter we've seen in the series (albeit, more than once) I'd think finding ten to a hundred helicopters and ten to a hundred helicopter pilots to fly them after a ZA would be less believable than guarding the camp with one guy scanning all 360 degrees. at that point in the series, most walkers were still in the cities, so the group was relatively safe except for the odd walker here and there. the herd followed the highway initially because that's where most victims would have been compared to a random camp in the woods.

or that.
    The herd? The highway herd at the beginning, and the megahorde at the end of season 2 are different. We're talking thousands vs. dozens. Now, if that helicopter is helping them, as you seem to think it is, then wouldn't it have dropped a little, "Hey dudes, you got a few thousand zombies burning a quick trail to your shitty little encampment," instead of leaving it to luck? At that point you would have to wonder if the helicopter pilot wasn't actually out to fuck you. No?

I never said the helicopter was helping them, it was just something shiny in the sky that made noise and got them to follow it out of the city in the first place. the pilots wouldn't even have realized that they drew the attention of any walkers and if they did, probably didn't give it a thought and never even flew over the farm. it was almost a month or so between the herd seeing the helicopter and walking in that direction (gathering walkers as it progressed) and then changing direction after Carl's gunshot.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I never said the helicopter was helping them, it was just something shiny in the sky that made noise and got them to follow it out of the city in the first place. the pilots wouldn't even have realized that they drew the attention of any walkers and if they did, probably didn't give it a thought and never even flew over the farm. it was almost a month or so between the herd seeing the helicopter and walking in that direction (gathering walkers as it progressed) and then changing direction after Carl's gunshot.
    I think if we combine my "WTFs" with your close knowledge of the events and timeline of the show, we could create a more realistic version of the show, replacing all the drama with a very successful and accurate portrayal of a zombie outbreak, given their geological locations, zombie philosophy, and sound logic. There will always be room for error, but the zombie and survival genres have a very strict audience who are willing to share their interests with a more general audience, as long as the genres aren't being forsaken.

damned good season opener ... and Andrew Lincoln has to be the finest older dude alive
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I'll probably watch it tonight.

NO! Norman Reedus is!!!

If he hit on you would your "boyfriend" punch him in the nose?

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    I'll probably watch it tonight.

NO! Norman Reedus is!!!
    At least we'll never have to worry about fighting over the same man.

What part of that episode was damned good?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

The falling zombies were pretty cool - and that freaky woman and her "child" made me nauseous. It at least got me interested into seeing where this season is headed.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

meh. hopefully it'll pick up next week.

The falling zombie scene was a joke out of a hastily made video game, with CGI to make a syfy channel fan cringe.

The "Oooh Daryl you're now a reluctant superstar leader!" was unsubtle was irritating.

The Rick/weirdo woman interaction would have been sufficient left on it's own, and was spoiled a bit by dialogue about it with Herschel.

The only thing compelling in that episode was why that dorky kid got sick and died. If it's not relevant and was only a quick device to start quick zombie outbreak in the prison then that'll ruin that too.

holy shit, you guys are a tough crowd

im a fan. i give the premier: 6/10. a lot of setup stuff, for reportedly an exponential increase in awesome over the next few episodes.
    we'll see. i did cringe with the CGI. if you cant pull off a shot, rewrite the motherfucker. PLEASE. you didnt need the helo to come in anyway. the falling zombies was a gimmick, but those splats felt good and it was all fine with me until the CGI helo/smoke. dont george lucas my WD.

it was better than AHS premier, thats for damned sure.

i think we zombie fans are so damned picky and hopeful, that we forget what this is....a show on AMC. and awesome one, but they dont have titanic budgets.
    Last edited by Y0UNGBL00D; 10-14-2013 at 03:11 PM.