Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1656

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Last nights episode was a terrible b flick. Worst episode ever. A 20 min long sneaking around a warehouse scene? Andrea did everything wrong and deserves to die.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

last night was horrible, kept thinking of terminator 2
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I honestly thought for a minute last night, that Andrea might have actually gotten the govenor for good by unleashing that wave of zombies upon him. I had a flash of her jumping into his truck riding over to the prison to pick up rick and co. and taking them back to Woodbury to join the two groups under her newly badass leadership.....

But then I remembered this is Andrea that we are talking about. Maggie could have made that shit work.

The scene with Rick in the tower thinking he's seen something out of the corner of his eye, just barely having missed the gov tackling Andrea was my favorite. So close, and he didnt even know it. Could have shot off a few rounds just to be sure and maybe nailed the govenor in the process, but he's not all trigger happy like everyone else. Damn.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

I was hoping she'd make it out and steal his car and bolt out of there.

And too bad about making it so close, but then so far.

Also, his torture room makes me feel uneasy for all the ones unlucky enough to brought in there

especially with the speculum

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    I honestly thought for a minute last night, that Andrea might have actually gotten the govenor for good by unleashing that wave of zombies upon him. I had a flash of her jumping into his truck riding over to the prison to pick up rick and co. and taking them back to Woodbury to join the two groups under her newly badass leadership.....

But then I remembered this is Andrea that we are talking about. Maggie could have made that shit work.

The scene with Rick in the tower thinking he's seen something out of the corner of his eye, just barely having missed the gov tackling Andrea was my favorite. So close, and he didnt even know it. Could have shot off a few rounds just to be sure and maybe nailed the govenor in the process, but he's not all trigger happy like everyone else. Damn.

No main villain ever dies without his last breath spent in his death scene. When they cut away it was a virtual guarantee that he would survive.

This show is telegraphing everything.

Merle's going to kill the Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    No main villain ever dies without his last breath spent in his death scene. When they cut away it was a virtual guarantee that he would survive.

This show is telegraphing everything.

Merle's going to kill the Gov.
    I'd say either Merle, Michonne or Milton sacrificing himself in the process.

I really hope it's not Andrea goddammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I dunno if Milton has the balls to set the pit walkers on fire. It almost made me wonder if it was Morgan, since he was burning them in "Clear."
    nerd guy is the first one i thought of. he's passive-aggresively fighting the govenor

It's Milton. This show has very little creativity when it comes to surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    Totally dug this part. And compared to some of the Andrea scenes....When she ran off the road hiding from the truck, that zombie attack scene looked so unnecessary and lame. Didn't think I'd be crapping the show, ever, but this episode was kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    I found that a little odd/funny/weird.

Haha yup. Obviously he was just collecting whatever they had around that he thought might be used to make someone very very uncomfortable, I'd say that was a good/gross thing to pick. I just seriously dont want to actually know what he'd do with it. I fear my brain is coming up with way worse things than they'd ever actually show on television though.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

I don't think there was anything random about him grabbing the speculum.

I loved this week's episode. I thought Andrea was pretty badass running through the forest and killing zombies with just her little knife. Go Andrea!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

i kind of wondered if he would try and impregnate her to get a new daughter to chain in his closet, but then i remembered this isn't lost.

surely milton might go and check that room that andrea is tied up in sometime. he must know that the governor was not telling him the truth at the end

Has anyone been keeping up with the comics? 108 just came out last week... the action seems so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    surely milton might go and check that room that andrea is tied up in sometime. he must know that the governor was not telling him the truth at the end
    That's what I'm thinking, too... and then right after Milton frees her, STABBBBBED in the back from the Guvnah.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

i kind of wondered if he would try and impregnate her to get a new daughter to chain in his closet, but then i remembered this isn't lost.
    this is great.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Has anyone been keeping up with the comics? 108 just came out last week... the action seems so slow.
    The last one I have is 79.

I would love to see Milton stand up, but I just don't see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I read the comics via TPB, up to 17. 6 issues a piece, that would put me at 102. Action has been sooooo slow in the comics and i was honestly shocked at one of the major characters dieing so brutally in #100 (?). It needed a shakeup and i knew it was coming, but wow.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/19 Poolside@Skyway Pomona - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I don't think there was anything random about him grabbing the speculum.
    I agree. That and the blue funnel with the long tube on the edge of the tray disturbed me plenty.

And while I think Milton could be a suspect in the pit-torching incident, I also suspect Martinez and the other fellow (Shump, i think?) who was with him at the pit earlier in the day and arrived at the charred pit the next morning. I thought about who would have access to a vehicle and be able to drive out at night. After The Governor asked Tyrese about how he got the gasoline, I thought about who would have knowledge about where that was kept and who had access to it. While I would not be surprised if it turned out to be Milton, I'm not ruling out that there may be others who recognize that The Governor is Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs.
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

The comic jumped the shark a while back as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

So I read the writer has plans to have the comic go 300 issues or so. How long can the tv show go on? How long until the shine wears off and people move on?

No more than 7 seasons. 6 most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    I read the comics via TPB, up to 17. 6 issues a piece, that would put me at 102. Action has been sooooo slow in the comics and i was honestly shocked at one of the major characters dieing so brutally in #100 (?). It needed a shakeup and i knew it was coming, but wow.
    Yeah I didn't see that coming, either - but the issues since, El Yawn-o. The focus is gone. Hopefully that will change very soon, because of the "meetings" in 108.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I always read it like this first.

Damn

BIT OFF HIS FINGERS, DAMN. way to go out, Merle.

and cute, simple proposal. he sure got that ring cleaned fast!

Spoilers, Ivy!!! Shhh...

people who are not up to date should not go in TV threads.

don't normally watch talking dead, but heard some old school dnb, nice.

One thing I found interesting: the fingers that Merle had bitten off were the same ones that the zombie lost when Glenn went shopping for a wedding ring.

Also, was anyone else bothered by that horribly lit shot when Merle tied up Michonne so he could hotwire the car? I couldn't believe that made it on the air.

Overall, I thought it was kind of uneven. Last week's episode and "Clear" were the best of the second half of the season, and although they didn't necessarily have a lot of action, they did the character building really well. This week, the turn for Rick was rushed & could have been handled a lot better. Darryl had a good moment at the end but that was basically it. It was a good episode for Michonne & Merle (fittingly so for the latter) and I thought it built the Governor up even further into a psychotic, intimidating villain. He fucking dominated Merle (even if Martinez and Woodbury Henchman #5 had to lay into him a bit first). I'd question if it was just a matter of Breaking Bad having spoiled us on how good penultimate episodes of seasons can be, but it's not that. It's the quality of other episodes this season, episodes in which there was a singular focus on a few specific characters, that made this episode ultimately a let down. Still looking forward to next week, though. (Predicting it opens with Glen & Maggie's marriage and ends with the death of Maggie.)
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 03-24-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.