Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

I enjoyed seeing Michael Rooker make an appearance. I really liked his performance in "Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer". I'm hoping he's in more than one episode,

This show rocks, watched last nights episode this afternoon, can't wait for next weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    they got through the first two... but also jumped ahead and took some stuff from later issues (rubbing the guts in order to disguise themselves)...

anyone else curious how much of the Governor stuff makes it in? it has been pretty graphic so far, but I just can't see that whole segment making it in uncensored.
    There is no way they will be able to do this scene. Jesus.
    I think they can get away with some of the more mild things she does in this scene, but shitttttt. It made me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    so how many additional issues did they get through in Episode 2? I read the series via the compendium (first 48 or 60 issues i think...) so not really sure where each of the "books" starts. The TPBs have 6 issues each.
    Also, each book is 12 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    There is no way they will be able to do this scene. Jesus.
    I think they can get away with some of the more mild things she does in this scene, but shitttttt. It made me cringe.

Also, each book is 12 issues.
    the "books" are 12 issues but the printed trader paperbacks (TBDs) are 6 issues.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Finally saw last week's episode. Very enjoyable.

Spoilers

The entrail/blood "camouflage" scene was ridiculous.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 11-12-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Ive read all the issues so far and was really disappointed with the show, I cant believe im only the second person on this thread to have a problem with it. Very bad acting in the beginning of the pilot, and the story trails off too much, not that i expected it to follow the comic word for word, but the whole wife part was took too long and was unneeded, If you haven't read the actual comics I would recommend reading them after you've seen the show so it doesn't ruin it for you. My sister thought it was okay and she hasn't read any of the actual comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.

Coachella Junkie

Frank Darabont is a moron.

i actually think the first 10-15 issues suffer from some pretty serious pacing problems. not sure the tv show's approach is the ideal solution, but I think plot wise it has so far actually improved upon the first few issues. the acting is pretty sketchy at parts and it has been overly dramatic though.

I'm not blown away by it, I don't think it's the most amazing thing in it's medium or anything, but I didn't think that about the comics either - however, I was glad they were being made. I likes me some zombies, and there's nothing else on TV that scratches that itch in the way this show intends to, so I'll settle.

I think it's the concept more than the finer notes of it's execution that's going to keep me watching. Could be a bit better, could be much worse, but I'll take it.

I don't think I've ever been blown away by any zombie movie/book/tv show. This series seems more like an homage than anything.

Also, two scenes in episode 2 made me cringe. The scene where blondie points a gun in the protagonist's face("you've killed us all!") and the scene with the dropped key. Over dramatic as wmgaret said. Were these scenes in the comic? More understandable if that's the case.

Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's

Night of the Living Dead definitely blew me away, right from start. Dawn of the Dead is one of my very favourite films, and I have to say, I really enjoyed the remake.

Perhaps it's because I watched both of those films when I was very young. I don't know. I guess I've just been exposed to the genre for too long. But like you said, the idea is what's interesting.

EDIT* I think I watched Night of the Living Dead when I was 5. It probably did "blow me away" at the time. I had a questionable babysitter.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 11-12-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's

Wheels Of Cheese

Just finished the second episode. I enjoyed it, albeit not as much as the pilot. The acting was quite a bit weaker in this one. I hope a couple of these new characters die... that way we can be rid of their weak performances. Liking the show though overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Just finished the second episode. I enjoyed it, albeit not as much as the pilot. The acting was quite a bit weaker in this one. I hope a couple of these new characters die... that way we can be rid of their weak performances. Liking the show though overall.
    Who was putting up a weak performance?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Night of the Living Dead definitely blew me away, right from start. Dawn of the Dead is one of my very favourite films, and I have to say, I really enjoyed the remake.
    Dawn of the Dead would be better if it focused more on the survival aspect of the initial zombie outbreak instead of drifting off into the mall and the associated BS like the zombie baby.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Who was putting up a weak performance?
    A lot of the city characters. A couple of the characters in the city, especially the black guy and the blonde.
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Dawn of the Dead would be better if it focused more on the survival aspect of the initial zombie outbreak instead of drifting off into the mall and the associated BS like the zombie baby.
    True enough. I do think the very start, the very end, and Sarah Polley's performance throughout, made it stand out for me though.

Tonights episode is the first episode I've actually really enjoyed, I've been really unsure about the show until tonight.

Tonights episode was fucking rad. Hands down the best episode so far

downloading NAOW!

Great ending.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

That's funny, I think this is was the episode I enjoyed the least... it was still awesome though. When the last two episodes of the season are done I'll check out the comics.

I may be alone, but I have found this entire season to be quite cash. The Walking Dead and then Dexter = a quite satisfying Sunday night.

I have enjoyed every episode so far. It didn't quite meet the high expectations I had being a huge fan of the comics, but each episode has some really high moments. The latest episode is easily the most action packed, which will make it most people's favorites. It wasn't my favorite, but that was a fantastic ending. This is not at all how the comics went, so I am curious to see what they do with the last two episodes. What I really do feel like they do a great job of is developing an emotional attachment to some of the main characters. I feel like many works that involve zombies miss that and instead focus on the action and gore.

They signed on for 13 episodes, no? I wonder if they will keep the same 6 episode format. I am also curious how long we will have to wait for season 2.

I liked last night's episode, but I agree with what The A.V. Club had to say about the middle section: it was essentially pointless. Their conflict with the gang ultimately served no purpose except to put off the confrontation with Merle for another week. The twist was cute but sort of hokey, and I generally get the feeling that at the point they made this episode they still weren't sure what kind of show they wanted to make (or at least were still uncomfortable with mixing the horror stuff with the survivor stuff). My guess is the second season will be better, when they have more episodes to play with and can get the tone down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I liked last night's episode, but I agree with what The A.V. Club had to say about the middle section: it was essentially pointless. Their conflict with the gang ultimately served no purpose except to put off the confrontation with Merle for another week. The twist was cute but sort of hokey, and I generally get the feeling that at the point they made this episode they still weren't sure what kind of show they wanted to make (or at least were still uncomfortable with mixing the horror stuff with the survivor stuff). My guess is the second season will be better, when they have more episodes to play with and can get the tone down.
    Yeah I agree with this.

I think there is another point that gang served... maybe not for the plot... but it reinforced some thematic issues that will become very, very important in the second season (assuming the plot remains similar). That is, how morally varied responses to the chaos have been. I think maybe the writers felt this was something that needed to be introduced in the first season. It did feel a bit like treading water though....

Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    I am also curious how long we will have to wait for season 2.
    Next Halloween.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Yeah I agree with this.
    I liked the gang encounter because it presented a somewhat realistic scenario in the event of the zombie apocalypse.

Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's

I don't understand how the Onion can say the gang meeting was pointless, unless they've seen the next 2 episodes already. I assume they, along with the man and his son from episode 1, will make a return.