Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

I think you're giving the writers too much credit to suggest that there's some conspiracy. Honestly the chopper could easily makes sense, it belongs to whoever runs the Prison I guess which seems to be pretty close to the farm. Also, Lorie wasn't angry about Rick killing Shane, she was angry that her son had to shoot him down, which is perfectly reasonable for Lorie for once, if you noticed she didn't back away from Rick until he told her that. The group's reaction to the "big news" is pretty silly but I can empathize with their attitude towards Rick when he told them he killed Shane, I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't believe that Shane tried to kill Rick or that Rick really wasn't forced to kill him. I have to say, Andrea was a fucking survivor in the last episode. Besides Rick and Darryl I couldn't see anyone else persevering like that after being fucking left for dead twice.
    My biggest gripe is Hershel's complete lack of a response to the fact that he (yet again) lost half of his remaining family in a single night, he seriously doesn't even bat an eyelash to this. Oh right...T-DAWG GOT SOME FUCKING LINES AND A FUCKING PERSONALITY
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

All of you clearly missed a vital detail of this zombie world: in the episode where Shane and Rick head off to kill the captured boy, we see that the zombies respond to exposed blood in a much more frenzied manner. Now considering Walkers have been seen as individuals several times in the forest snacking on the occasional deer, it is safe to say that in addition to sound, the scent of blood is also a key factor in the movement of zombie herds. Not only was the zombie herd moved into that general direction by the sound of a helicopter, heading to a military base, might I add, but it also picked up the whiff of zombie kills in the forest, the town where the confrontation took place and coincidentally, the faint, sweet, fresh smell of the captured boy's blood as he struggled to free himself. The humans in this story keep getting hurt, and as soon as we see a human bleeding, a walker pops up.

Suspension of disbelief. I don't think so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Oh right...T-DAWG GOT SOME FUCKING LINES AND A FUCKING PERSONALITY
    He has no back bone.

They mentioned migration, and showed the helicopter then the road then the farm. Are we supposed to believe this horde was set off by a helicopter and has encountered the group 3 times or hunting them? Either way, fucking dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I think you're giving the writers too much credit to suggest that there's some conspiracy. Honestly the chopper could easily makes sense, it belongs to whoever runs the Prison I guess which seems to be pretty close to the farm. Also, Lorie wasn't angry about Rick killing Shane, she was angry that her son had to shoot him down, which is perfectly reasonable for Lorie for once, if you noticed she didn't back away from Rick until he told her that. The group's reaction to the "big news" is pretty silly but I can empathize with their attitude towards Rick when he told them he killed Shane, I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't believe that Shane tried to kill Rick or that Rick really wasn't forced to kill him. I have to say, Andrea was a fucking survivor in the last episode. Besides Rick and Darryl I couldn't see anyone else persevering like that after being fucking left for dead twice.
    My biggest gripe is Hershel's complete lack of a response to the fact that he (yet again) lost half of his remaining family in a single night, he seriously doesn't even bat an eyelash to this. Oh right...T-DAWG GOT SOME FUCKING LINES AND A FUCKING PERSONALITY
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    All of you clearly missed a vital detail of this zombie world: in the episode where Shane and Rick head off to kill the captured boy, we see that the zombies respond to exposed blood in a much more frenzied manner. Now considering Walkers have been seen as individuals several times in the forest snacking on the occasional deer, it is safe to say that in addition to sound, the scent of blood is also a key factor in the movement of zombie herds. Not only was the zombie herd moved into that general direction by the sound of a helicopter, heading to a military base, might I add, but it also picked up the whiff of zombie kills in the forest, the town where the confrontation took place and coincidentally, the faint, sweet, fresh smell of the captured boy's blood as he struggled to free himself. The humans in this story keep getting hurt, and as soon as we see a human bleeding, a walker pops up.

Suspension of disbelief. I don't think so.
    Wait, are YOU serious? Zombies aren't fucking sharks.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I meant that I wouldn't expect the writers to be capable of stringing together an underlying narrative such as the helicopter being used as a method to kill other survivors over the first two seasons due to A: There are two different sets of writers for each season and B: The show isn't really as subtle as we make it out to be in most cases, it lacks the depth that we agonize about, like you said it's really just bad writing why Lorie is so fucking crazy and I think that if we see the owners of the helicopter next season it won't explain their flyovers at all or that they were actually just looking for other survivors.
    I actually agree with you for the most part wheels it was this talk of the helicopter being used more then some convenient happenstance bullshit.
    PS Has anyone else been genuinely disturbed when you saw Dale or the two people from this episode getting killed? Especially in the finale? If anything, this series has outdone just about every other zombie film I've seen in expressing the agony of dying like that, most zombie flicks make it corny with cheap effects and others cut away just before it starts to get really gruesome and horrifying when somebody is being eaten alive.

Most people I meet are annoying and irrational. Why is it put down to bad writing whenever a TV character acts in this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Its not bad writing, you guys are just over analyzing everything. If you read the comics, you will know that a crashed helicoptor is what eventually takes the group from the prison to the Governor. If the tv show follows the comics, this is whats going to happen in season 3. I also think the herd of zombies overtaking the farm was a combination of many factors. It was the helicoptor, blood, and the gunshot (although that obviously changed their direction in the forest). The farm was eventually going to get overrun by zombies in this chaotic environment and thats exactly what happened. Everything doesnt have to make perfect sense or be proven. This is by far the best show on televison and Im getting tired of people talking shit about the writing or the pace.
    Last edited by rasooli; 03-20-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Most people I meet are annoying and irrational. Why is it put down to bad writing whenever a TV character acts in this way?
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Its not bad writing, you guys are just over analyzing everything. If you read the comics, you will know that a crashed helicoptor is what eventually takes the group from the prison to the Governor. If the tv show follows the comics, this is whats going to happen in season 3. I also think the herd of zombies overtaking the farm was a combination of many factors. It was the helicoptor, blood, and the gunshot (although that obviously changed their direction in the forest). The farm was eventually going to get overrun by zombies in this chaotic environment and thats exactly what happened. Everything doesnt have to make perfect sense or be proven. This is by far the best show on televison and Im getting tired of people talking shit about the writing or the pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Essentially this. My point was that I dont need the explanations when they themselves seem weak or even silly. They already had a herd/horde run in and that one wasnt explained. It was a good scene. This one with the helicopter following, and the zombies somehow taking apart a fence and then wandering the exact path to the farm only to be lured in from a tenth of a mile away with that gunshot is what I take issue with.

We should see another helicopter next season though, but it wont be in the air.
    O rly?
    last.fm

Seriously?

Wait, are YOU serious? Zombies aren't fucking sharks.
    They are distant cousins.

The season finale was a pretty good way to wrap up the season, but I thought it was a bit of a letdown after the Rick v. Shane duel episode. There's even more negative baggage being carried into the next season than there was with the first season finale. But with Michonne and the Prison, there's potential for the third season to start off with a bang. Seven months away, though? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    One small thing will get walkers moving towards something and if nothing else gets their attention they will continue on the path. Then along that path more will join in because they don't know what else to do. This whole group will keep moving until something catches their attention again.
    This got me thinking, you could substitute "humans" for "walkers" for this statement and it'd still be just as true.

During the next scene featuring a large horde of walkers, I want to hear "Human After All" as background music.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

If you read the comics, you will know that a crashed helicoptor is what eventually takes the group from the prison to the Governor. If the tv show follows the comics, this is whats going to happen in season 3.
    I haven't actually, but thanks for ruining the mystery of the helicopter. I know you are just speculating, but I think speculations based on major plot points from the comics is a bit more than just innocent speculation and ruins it for those of us that are only watching the TV series and would prefer not to read spoilers.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Thanks for not putting a spoiler in, you fucking wasted abortion.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Real life drama.

Yeah, don't give spoilers from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    I never really thought of Carl being a bad actor per-say (i mean he was fine for a kid actor i guess), UNTIL the finale.
    When the car ran out of gas and Rick said they should hole up for the night, it made me burst out laughing when Carl said he was freezing, as the kid delivered the line so unconvincingly it came off like a non-sequitur.

Say what you want about how much you love the show or how upset you are by the fact that people use the internet to bitch about things you love (shocking right?) but this show isn't above criticism. As much as I love this show, the character development can get kind of flat. It's really due to a combination of bad acting and bad writing at times, this isn't always the case but just because the show has zombies in it and is doing some justice to that kind of story and its one of the best dramatic series on TV doesn't make it golden to me. The use of the helicopter in this episode was neat really for giving us some insight about the herds. It shows how and why they migrate which is something that has been brought up before, fuck I wish I knew more people IRL to waste time talking about this show.

The use of the helicopter in this episode was neat really for giving us some insight about the herds. It shows how and why they migrate which is something that has been brought up before,
    But don't you think that makes the helicopter in this episode not neat? It didn't give us insight to something that we didn't know. When Rick and Shane last went into town, Rick was saying that they need to use their knives more so as not to attract walkers. But even before that, we knew zombies moved toward sounds. We also knew that zombies joined each other and move together.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I know the family that rents out the tanks, helicopters, etc....so if you see an incredibly attractive zombie next season, that'd be me.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

for fucks sake the zombies roaming in the general direction they saw the helicopter going is the most plausible thing about this damn show.

What do walkers do? they fucking walk. They don't sit around and take a breather and assess the situation.
    When there's nothing around but other walkers they would probably just walk in the direction of ANYTHING interesting, until somethign else interesting crosses their path.

nothing "lead them to the farm". they were just walking, and the farm was generally in the path. In fact they might have walked right by it had they not heard a gunshot about half-mile away (or a quarter mile at the very least).

whining at the writers for concocting a device to "lead them to the farm" is unfair.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Life's unfair.
    last.fm

Why don't you like Michonne?

Life's unfair.
    touchee.

I humbly withdraw my objections to your objections.

I just hate helicopters. I think it's the noise they make. It's the same thing with E.T. I cannot watch that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

hawkingvsreeve I HIGHLY suggest you first remove your head from your ass.

Secondly, realize that this is a television show and trying to find little imperfections (which in all reality are just things you don't understand) just shows that you're a negative person and can't enjoy the world these writers have created.
    Shut the fuck up, EVERYTHING will be answered in the upcoming seasons. If you really can't wait till October, go out and buy the graphic novel. It'll answer your stupid question about the helicopter, how the zombies herd and anything else your simple mind might need answered.

The show is fucking amazing, I get so rattled by people like you.
    If you wandered into my post-apocalyptic group, I'd blast your fucking head off.

Oh and please don't tell me to "calm down", I ain't angry. I just like putting idiots in their place.
    M83 Grouplove The Black Keys Kendrick Lamar Arctic Monkeys Neon Indian Datsik
    A$AP Rocky Flying Lotus AWOLNATION Radiohead Azealia Banks
    The Weeknd Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg Florence & The Machine Goyte Avicii

Quote Originally Posted by Jrtho73 View Post

Secondly, realize that this is a television show and trying to find little imperfections (which in all reality are just things you don't understand) just shows that you're a negative person and can't enjoy the world these writers have created.
    Shut the fuck up, EVERYTHING will be answered in the upcoming seasons. If you really can't wait till October, go out and buy the graphic novel. It'll answer your stupid question about the helicopter, how the zombies herd and anything else your simple mind might need answered.

If you wandered into my post-apocalyptic group, I'd blast your fucking head off.

Oh and please don't tell me to "calm down", I ain't angry. I just like putting idiots in their place.
    Thank you. I agree with you 100%.

Harsh. I don't have any problems with people criticizing the show. It's not perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

TEAM HELICOPTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrtho73 View Post

Look how mad this guy is getting. Totally mad right now. Like, way way mad. Totes mad. Madical, even.

Have fun at Avicii, bro.
    last.fm