Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1656

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Finally got caught up on the last 3 eps and I am diggin it. Some scenes were just too suspenseful. And Rick trapped in the house with the 4 or 5 rapists? Jesus. When I recognized actor Jeff Kober on the porch near the end, I thought, Uh oh. That guy never gets cast for a only tiny scene like that, so we haven't seen the last of him and his foul crew. Ugh.

And Lizzie! Holy crap. I'm leaning to believe she was the one who fed the rat/mouse through the fence to the walkers and later nailed the frog to that board.

I, too, got the possible autistic vibe about Eugene, too. He answered/responded in logical and matter-of-fact ways when he spoke. Lack of emotion displayed when the walkers were approaching, but admitting to heightened state when Abraham asked him later.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    This might be just me not remembering, but is the walker issue a global thing? or just on the America's? If it isnt a global thing, why hasn't any other country tried to stop it or save the others? If it is a global thing, then what the fuck U.S.?!
    It's global. When the group made it to the CDC in Atlanta (Season 1) and talked to the Doctor inside, he said something about the quick spread in France.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post
    Anyone have a theory on the dead family of walkers in the house? How did they kill themselves? Wouldn't they have turned and wanted to get out? Unless they all individually shot themselves in the head (which there was no evidence of) this seems questionable
    I noticed dried blood on the pillow that one of the kids was laying on, so my guess was that the adult probably gave them something to put them into a deep sleep first, took them out and then shot herself.
    Last edited by SoccerRyot; 03-02-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    It's global. When the group made it to the CDC in Atlanta (Season 1) and talked to the Doctor inside, he said something about the quick spread in France.
    Thanks. I couldn't remember and wasn't about to go back all that way to double check. Can you imagine India or China during this shit storm? i mean BILLIONS of zombies... wow.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I was a bit ambivalent about last night's bottle episode but in the end I think I liked it. When Darryl started drinking I knew this was first chance to actually act and wasn't sure he could pull it off, but he did OK.

I can see why others didn't enjoy last night's episode but for me it was my favorite in a looong while. JB Smoove nailed it when he said Daryl is about to get a piece of that ass on Talking Dead last night.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

That was a horrible performance. You guys are crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I'm usually the first to come in here and say that I liked the episode, but I thought last night was a little boring. after all the buildup of figuring out what Daryl was like before the ZA, I as let down when it turned out to be following Merle.

Also, JB Smoove also made me turn off talking dead for being so annoying.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

If all you took from the episode was him rehashing what he was like before the ZA then you had made up your mind about the episode long before you finished watching it.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 03-03-2014 at 08:04 PM.

I just didn't care about Beth's first drink and the search for alcohol or the country club walker cult or the bonding they had while burning down the house.

I would have preferred the schnapps over the moonshine.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Setting a giant fire to your only shelter in the middle of the night during the zombie apocolypse...always a great idea.

If nothing else, this season has proven that several series regulars are terrible fucking actors.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Setting a giant fire to your only shelter in the middle of the night during the zombie apocolypse...always a great idea.

If nothing else, this season has proven that several series regulars are terrible fucking actors.
    Yeah totally that's what I was thinking when they burned the house: "what's the practical angle on this?"

Their efforts to break down and humanize the most hardened characters (i.e. Darryl and Michonne, and to some extent Rick) has probably been more compelling than whatever other alternative they could have picked which you guys would have complained even more about.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 03-03-2014 at 08:08 PM.

I'm so sad. I just want everyone to die now. This show has gone "heros", decent promise and has yet to deliver. It evokes zero emotion anymore. I want the zombies to kill everyone of these fucking cry babies and to have an I am Legend book ending to this disaster.

I didn't mind the episode. It's just that the acting was so so so so so bad on that Beth's part. They're giving way to many monologue opportunities to people that don't have the acting chops to carry them off.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I didn't mind the episode. It's just that the acting was so so so so so bad on that Beth's part. They're giving way to many monologue opportunities to people that don't have the acting chops to carry them off.
    Perhaps but they've kind of painted themselves in a corner on that one. The season appears to be stretching out to the point where they wont meet up until a cliffhanger moment, so they choose to develop the characters. Darryl's a fan favorite and so I suppose they decided to try to develop him a bit more, and may as well try to fill out the empty dumb girl character as well. They're due for another main character kill soon. I'll bet they're fattening her up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Yeah totally that's what I was thinking when they burned the house: "what's the practical angle on this?"
    When is burning a house down ever practical?
    crab fries

great question

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

I can't believe the writers passed up an opportunity for a drunk zombie fight.

great question
    yet you're trying to find practicality in something that never is… just take it for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBlank View Post
    I can't believe the writers passed up an opportunity for a drunk zombie fight.
    i was just hoping for sex
    Last edited by Kindoy; 03-05-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    crab fries

It was sarcasm based on the comment quoted in the post, sport.

I liked the episode. I did feel bad for Daryl, finding out that had the ZA not happened that his path would have been/ remained pretty dismal. I didn't like Beth saying that when she (an by implication everyone else) was gone, that he would be the last man standing.

So, when they were in the Country Club and we saw the three people hanging from the ceiling? I assumed they hung themselves in a suicide pact. And then on the Talking Dead Fun Facts it was revealed that they were hung in a class struggle/fight between the Club's staff and members. At first I thought that was odd, but then I realized that it tied in with the corpse that had the "Rich Bitch" sign on her. Like Beth, I also wondered why Darryl scooped up the money, but using a strap of bills to light a fire was amusing.

They're due for another main character kill soon. I'll bet they're fattening her up for it.
    Man, I hope not. I keep thinking that if they are going to save the world, the younger generations need to be saved to help with future rebuilding. Heh, I know it's just a show, but I can't help it.

Ok, am I the only one who suspected that the food in the funeral home was drugged/poisoned and that some serial killer was snagging his victims that way?

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRyot View Post
    Ok, am I the only one who suspected that the food in the funeral home was drugged/poisoned and that some serial killer was snagging his victims that way?
    I think a mortician was living there and sent his dog out to scout the building when he suspected someone was in there then had his dog lead a pack of zombies to the building to flush them out. Not sure why he'd take Beth thought. Maybe it was a misunderstanding and he was trying to get her out of there?
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

The scene with the car speeding off did seem rather ominous, but I was assuming with Beth's bum ankle and the very real possibility that daryl was pretty much fucked with that hoard of walkers trapping him downstairs, that she was persuaded that jumping in that car was her best chance at safety.

Poor Daryl, now obviously smitten and softened by Beth, must put his tough guy mask back on to deal with the creepy macho man posse. They are obviously bad news.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    The scene with the car speeding off did seem rather ominous, but I was assuming with Beth's bum ankle and the very real possibility that daryl was pretty much fucked with that hoard of walkers trapping him downstairs, that she was persuaded that jumping in that car was her best chance at safety.

Poor Daryl, now obviously smitten and softened by Beth, must put his tough guy mask back on to deal with the creepy macho man posse. They are obviously bad news.
    EDIT: what elmo said.

I think the objective was to get Beth. Women are at a premium in the ZA. In all the random encounters of living people roaming freely it's always groups of dudes. Michonne is so far the only random woman found out in the wild.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 03-11-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Well now.

All i can say is bout time.

This is the first time television has made me cry in a long ass time...

"Just look at the flowers"
    Last edited by blackchango; 03-16-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Holy shit

You cried? i was glad the annoying bitch theory has continued. Also, all i could think of when they showed Tyreese watching everything was him thinking "fucking white people." this probably is the reason why i didnt cry because i was too busy laughing at my own joke. Sounds sad typing that out...

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    You cried?
    Yup! Not a big fan of watching kids die/dead, real or otherwise...says something about the writing for last nights episode I guess. It also doesn't help when I have a kid of my own. You're right about Tyrese though..his facial expressions are like "wait are these mutherfuckers for real"
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

In true WD fashion, the episodes leading up to the last few are all crap, and then the last few are pretty good.