Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1649

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Why not just build a community of tree houses? Swiss family robinson style. Zombies can't climb trees.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    great. come back for advice on any other show you're ambivalent about as well.
    I will. For those who have commented on True Detective, I am hooked.

I will say though that TWD has been big hits and big misses. Something is rotting (no pun intended) at the core of the show; character development and lazy susan actors doesn't cut it. I don't need to watch characters meandering for 45 minutes.

Then again, maybe I am beginning to enjoy my programming at Netflix pace - all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Why not just build a community of tree houses? Swiss family robinson style. Zombies can't climb trees.
    Too simple, duh! I think they should genuinely show how to be frontiersmen and actually demonstrate in each episode, even if at 2 minutes length, (pertaining to what is happening in the show of course) a snippet on how to do something to survive. Hunting, skinning, cooking, sewing, building, hydrology, mechanically, medically, horticulturally, etc. etc. THAT would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Episode was better than the last one...but Carol showing up and saving the day was just too fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Too simple, duh! I think they should genuinely show how to be frontiersmen and actually demonstrate in each episode, even if at 2 minutes length, (pertaining to what is happening in the show of course) a snippet on how to do something to survive. Hunting, skinning, cooking, sewing, building, hydrology, mechanically, medically, horticulturally, etc. etc. THAT would be awesome.
    Actually, if the zombie apocalypse came an even better idea would be a boat. A nice catamaran, no fuel needs, a sea full of food, find a nice uninhabited island in the Caribbean. That's my plan.

^ Sign me up.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Actually, if the zombie apocalypse came an even better idea would be a boat. A nice catamaran, no fuel needs, a sea full of food, find a nice uninhabited island in the Caribbean. That's my plan.
    You're forgetting about the danger that the living pose. Being on a boat would make you a sitting duck.
    Also you can't really hold enough supplies to sustain any you for very long.
    Also if someone dies (either by accident or illness) you're stuck on a boat with zombies.

dammit I just read a tvguide interview with Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) and now I'm dying to know what the fuck that guy Eugene knows. This better not drag that shit out all season.

EDIT: NM. an asshole at work already told me that guy's deal.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 02-18-2014 at 10:46 AM.

You need to see "Juan of the Dead", if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    You need to see "Juan of the Dead", if you haven't already.
    Or read World War Z. You'll change your mind pretty quickly about the boat thing.

I'm heading as far north as I can into the frozen tundra. There is no blood flow because they're dead, so they freeze up. Then you have nine months of zombie-free living and ice fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Juan of the Dead is my next DVD coming from Netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Out of all the TV shows I watch this one is definitely the worst. I guess its just True Detective, House of Cards and Justified from here on out.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Meh, I'm still enjoying the back half of the season. I'm definitely in the minority it would seem though.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

I'm still enjoying it too, the childishly blatant symbolism at the beginning (middle and end) of each episode kills me though.
    crab fries

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Anyone have a theory on the dead family of walkers in the house? How did they kill themselves? Wouldn't they have turned and wanted to get out? Unless they all individually shot themselves in the head (which there was no evidence of) this seems questionable

Pretty sure mom would have killed the kids and then herself. They weren't dead walkers, they were decaying corpses, never turned since the brain was hit.

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

^Irrelevant. There was no blood.

They looked more mummified than walkerfied. Skin was taught, not hanging and decrepit like the walkers become. It was a mercy killing to keep them from becoming undead. The angle of the exit wound on the one in the chair appeared to be self inflicted.

yes There was blood on the wall behind the head of the last person michonne looked at.

no comic spoilers please, but I wonder how much Eugene actually knows...
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

So are we supposed to take the scientist guy seriously or is it supposed to be obvious he's just nuts?

He's not nuts but in the show is does seem like he has some sort of Asperger's or something like that. I don't recall if he was like that in the comics or not but I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

He's pretty unassuming in the comic. Doesn't come across as having Asperger's but then I don't feel like he's being portrayed that way on the show either.

Can't discuss what Eugene knows without revealing spoilers from the comic. You'll just have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

I don't even know what to think while everyone is still split up....

When they asked the scientist what had happened and he said, "It's classified," it made me think he is delusional. Then his actions when the walkers showed up, plus his odd speech pattern, made me think he's just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    When they asked the scientist what had happened and he said, "It's classified," it made me think he is delusional. Then his actions when the walkers showed up, plus his odd speech pattern, made me think he's just nuts.
    I was thinking he's slightly autistic
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    I was thinking he's slightly autistic
    Also the way he walked seemed odd to me, how his arms just hung straight down motionless in a weird way much like how people who are slightly autistic do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

This might be just me not remembering, but is the walker issue a global thing? or just on the America's? If it isnt a global thing, why hasn't any other country tried to stop it or save the others? If it is a global thing, then what the fuck U.S.?!

There are ways to talk about stuff without spoiling it for others. Use white font and don't quote the spoilers
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P