Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Last edited by HunterGather; 11-06-2012 at 01:45 PM.

I wonder what they're going to do for the next season as far as car advertisements go, can't really have late 2012 models in ZA.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

another great episode last night. the scene at the beginning with the governor brushing his walker/biter daughter's hair was creepy!! Andrea is starting to get on my nerves though. I get that David Morrissey is hot, but she has to have more suspicions about his true agenda after what Mischonne has told her and after the zombie cage fighting.

oh, and Rick! I didn't think he'd be as upset as he was over the loss of Lori. but I guess sometimes a man just has to find the zombie that ate his wife and stab it in the belly... was he just imagining that phone call or are we to assume that phones are working in the ZA and that someone knew to call the prison's boiler room? if it were the execution room, I'd make the obvious "governor calling to issue a stay of execution" joke, but...
    Last edited by scenicworld; 11-12-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

2012 2013 2014

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

well i was obviously wrong about carl not shooting lori. what the fuck?! will we have a gutless-zombie lori on our hands now? and where is carol? on whose grave did crossbow guy leave the flower?

while andrea is back to being annoying again, i get why she'd want to stay. it must be nice to be able to sleep at night without one eye open. the zombie daughter thing was definitely weird. i wonder what they are looking for in the eyes of the zombies when they were roping them up, or if they were just shooting the breeze. i'm ready for this governor thing to be over. i have no theories on the phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    another great episode last night. the scene at the beginning with the governor brushing his walker/biter daughter's hair was creepy!! Andrea is starting to get on my nerves though. I get that David Morrissey is hot, but she has to have more suspicions about his true agenda after what Mischonne has told her and after the zombie cage fighting.

oh, and Rick! I didn't think he'd be as upset as he was over the loss of Lori. but I guess sometimes a man just has to find the zombie that ate his wife and stab it in the belly... was he just imagining that phone call or are we to assume that phones are working in the ZA and that someone knew to call the prison's boiler room? if it were the execution room, I'd make the obvious "governor calling to issue a stay of execution" joke, but...
    SPOILER ALERT:
    In the comics, Rick starts carrying around a phone and gets phone calls from his dead wife. It's his coping mechanism.END SPOILER ALERT

Great episode last night. And I'll echo what I said last week. Andrea is being a stupidass by not being more skeptical, guess she finally saw how crazy it really was there with that cage fighting. I hope she gets back to badass status soon, she was one of the only capable females on this show and now she's just broken and weak. can't stand that.

Question, why did Merle and the scientist kill 2 of the zombies they trapped? I thought they were trapping to keep/experiment? I didn't catch all of what they were saying back and forth as they lifted the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    7/9 Cloud Nothings@Roxy - 7/19&20 VIVA! Pomona - 8/3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy

The grave that Darrel put the flower had a 'C' in rocks as a sort of headstone. we, the viewers are supposed to think that Carol is dead, but I still have my doubts since it wasn't shown on screen and they only found her scarf... I expected Rick to run into her during his axe killing spree either as a walker or alive and well hiding in a cell, but neither happened. I'll give it one more episode before I give up thinking that Carol is going to show up again. During the Talking Dead it was confirmed that all of the graves were empty (which makes me wonder why exactly they were digging the graves in the first place!) and that it was Lori, Carol and T-Dog.

Lori was eaten by that walker that Rick stabbed. They went through that scene during TD last night and elaborated on some subtleties that I missed during the episode. when Rick found that pile of blood and guts and picked up what appeared to be a tooth, it was actually the bullet that Carl shot Lori with. then you could see that her body was dragged around the corner where gluttony walker decided to eat her. I really don't know why Rick stabbed the belly of that walker, it's not like Lori was still going to be alive or a walker after all that but he obviously wasn't thinking straight.

JorgeC: I'm scared to read that spoiler, lol!!
    2012 2013 2014

um yeah, that's a little too subtle for me i guess. thanks for the tips

I hate Andrea.

In other news, if I were in that town, my ass would be staying put. I don't give a rats how crazy the Governor is (or the townspeople). I want to be able to sleep in a bed, shower, and have some beers on occasion.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I hate Andrea.

In other news, if I were in that town, my ass would be staying put. I don't give a rats how crazy the Governor is (or the townspeople). I want to be able to sleep in a bed, shower, and have some beers on occasion.
    that's kind of what i was thinking. i'm sure it can't last as-is, but it's gotta be better than the alternative.

Damn show finally gave zombie apocalypse nightmares last night. Ugh.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Last night was the first time I watched Talking Dead. That thing is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    SPOILER ALERT:
    In the comics, Rick starts carrying around a phone and gets phone calls from his dead wife. It's his coping mechanism.END SPOILER ALERT

Great episode last night. And I'll echo what I said last week. Andrea is being a stupidass by not being more skeptical, guess she finally saw how crazy it really was there with that cage fighting. I hope she gets back to badass status soon, she was one of the only capable females on this show and now she's just broken and weak. can't stand that.

Question, why did Merle and the scientist kill 2 of the zombies they trapped? I thought they were trapping to keep/experiment? I didn't catch all of what they were saying back and forth as they lifted the net.
    Just a guess, but I think it's easy as only wanting biggest and scariest zombies to have in the arena. The scientist seems to be on to something about the zombie DNA.. I think they are going to unleash zombies on the towns people for some weird expirements.

I don't know why everyone seems to hate the Governor story in the show, besides dumbass Andrea. It is a really great story line in the books and has potential with the Merle and Daryl storyline being tied up in it, if you hate this you are really going to hate how absurd shit starts getting after they leave the town.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I like the Woodbury story line, I'm just annoyed at Andrea - but I guess after captn's post, I would probably be the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I don't know why everyone seems to hate the Governor story in the show, besides dumbass Andrea. It is a really great story line in the books and has potential with the Merle and Daryl storyline being tied up in it, if you hate this you are really going to hate how absurd shit starts getting after they leave the town.
    they seem to be obsessed with their eyes.

with the talk of the generator and then seeing that spinning thing near the zombie trap, I started thinking that they were trying to figure out a way to get a bunch of zombies on a treadmill to power the city and needed "tamer" zombies to do it.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 11-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    2012 2013 2014

Saw a bunch of debate about whether Carl really shot his mom or not because of the flattened bullet but I hear that Talking Dead said that fat zombie did in fact eat Lori, can anybody that watched confirm this?

This show should be on HBO. I was so hoping that the day care would be full of zombie ankle bitters so Daryl and Maggie could take them out. I knew AMC wouldn't show something like that.

Also a huge side track but zombies.......the world war z trailer makes me so sad. The book should have been adapted into a huge mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    This show should be on HBO. I was so hoping that the day care would be full of zombie ankle bitters so Daryl and Maggie could take them out. I knew AMC wouldn't show something like that.
    i was also bummed not to see zombie babies clawing at the air.

Two opportunities to have zombie babies missed!
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    The Governor is an awesome storyline. Not liking Andrew does not equal not liking the governor. I totally understand Jen's POV on wanting the small comforts and i can see that a bunch of people would be into it and not question a good thing. My problem is that we KNOW Andrea to be more than that.

Can someone create a Muppet Zombie Babies pic please? Theme song just popped into my head after the nursery posts. I didn't think we'd see a zombie baby either, but was hoping for at least a small kid getting his zombie brains blown out.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    7/9 Cloud Nothings@Roxy - 7/19&20 VIVA! Pomona - 8/3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Saw a bunch of debate about whether Carl really shot his mom or not because of the flattened bullet but I hear that Talking Dead said that fat zombie did in fact eat Lori, can anybody that watched confirm this?
    I posted about that upthread. confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post

Also a huge side track but zombies.......the world war z trailer makes me so sad. The book should have been adapted into a huge mini series.
    I was waiting for the infant/child zombies as well. it seemed like they were foreshadowing it quite a bit.

I liked the trailer for WWZ and can't wait for it to come out, but I never read the books so I can't relate to the sad feelings. I've heard the zombies aren't supposed to be high-speed though, but I kind of think it adds a more terrifying element to a traditional zombie story. oh, and Brad Pitt.
    2012 2013 2014

BEER IS NOT A SMALL COMFORT, WHOREHEY
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I posted about that upthread. confirmed.
    oops, thanks.

so are they also looking for a cure? i only ask because of some of the experiments and the governor keeping his zombie daughter around.

This episode was lazy as fuck. I want the writers to die in the appocolypse.

What did you feel was lazy about it? I thought a lot of things moved forward.
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Carol just hanging out in the closet for few days. The stupid joke with the girl that is apparently a special Olympics archer. All of the dialogue......it sucked. Yes it moved it forward but it all felt anticlamtic. It has taken an abrupt turn for the worse and I don't want anyone to talk for fear of being eaten. The zombies have become second to the infighting of the characters. The writers have turned the zombies in to a joke.

It's loads better than the last season where they mostly sat around and talked about their boring personal problems. I was ready to give up after that, but I like the show again.

This is way worse than the farm, I don't get what you're talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Daryl skipping over the "weak walker" cell with the excuse that they'll just "get it on the way back" annoyed me a bit. Of course the end made it obvious why he had to know someone was in there and suspect who it was, but it was very awkward and could have been done better.
    Rick's little phone conversations were wonky but I'll totally forgive it if he actually is going nuts for real.

Other than that no real complaints about the writing this season. I want to see the Gov smack Andrea around after she finds his daughter and freaks out. If he goes soft then the season's a bust.

I'm also excited to see how the Daryl/Merle situation unfolds. They better not fuck that up.

oh almost forgot. There's no fucking reason Michonne had to hang around and kill people. She could have outrun them so easily. what the fuck.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 11-18-2012 at 11:16 PM.