Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jrtho73 View Post
    Where do you goons get this Mr. Avicii shit from? I have him in the smallest print at the end of my list of artist to see that day and he is in no way a priority at Chella, so your little joke isn't that funny.

And you are completely full of shit if you think that no one has been blasting the show on this thread. I've seen at least three of you melancholy shitheads saying nothing but negative things about the show, GET A FUCKING LIFE!

You were complaining about the foliage and eye colours of the walkers... like SERIOUSLY!?
    SERIOUSLY, Aviciian. Don't tell me you look at that shit and not want to blow your own head off! Did you completely disregard real world physics when Glenn was using the shotgun upon the fast-moving, swerving, and bumpy ride of the car? The kick of those shots should have made him jolt AT LEAST a few centimeters, no matter how comfortably he hung up from the passenger window. Oh, and the way Daryl rides that motorcycle? What the hell kind of acting was that!? You would think that the show strived for at least a cent of honesty.

And I'm not blasting the show, at all. Believe me. If I was blasting the show, I would have told all of you about my letter writing campaign (like the one I did to stop AMC from showing Hell on Wheels).

YOU GET A FUCKING LIFE, YOU GOON! GET A LIFE WHERE YOU START PAYING ATTENTION TO IMPORTANT SHIT LIKE PROPER FOLIAGE TEXTURES!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Hell on Wheels isn't a good show? I was thinking about watching it.

I actually only saw the first episode. It didn't really pull me in though - and I wanted it to, because I love westerns. Do they still show it though? It was coming on after The Walking Dead, but now they show Comic Book Men.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Hell on Wheels isn't a good show? I was thinking about watching it.
    It was pretty good. Looking forward to next season.

Comic Book Men is just another example of how fucking pompous and ridiculous Kevin Smith has become, bleh
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Comic Book Men is just another example of how fucking pompous and ridiculous Kevin Smith has become, bleh
    I used to want to be a (amateur) comic book artist and dreamed as a teen of running a comic book store. With that background, Comic Book Men looks like one of the worst excuses for a TV show I've ever seen. I asked my wife how the hell that show got made, then Kevin Smith showed up. Yuck. Shoot me. I'd rather go to a real comic store and talk to people who aren't posturing with horseshit fake situations.

But I will do neither. Comic people skeeve me out now.

I want to like Comic Book Men, because I really enjoy Pawn Stars. And ever since I got to visit legitimate comic shops in New York, and what with the DC reboots and this super hero "golden age" at the movie theaters, I've become more and more interested in comic books. I'm also not annoyed by Kevin Smith. I mean, I've sort of ignored him for years now, but I used to be a fan of his movies (some of them might be too silly for me now).

I've only seen one episode, and there was something that I liked, and then there were some things that were just, "Meh." The thing that I liked was that the guys went to a garage sale and found a bunch of comic books, paperback books (that were superhero stories or something), and toys. They weren't forcing fun facts and conversation topics into the scene; they were just rummaging through old boxes and piles. There wasn't a drawn out haggling process, either. They just asked the dude, "How much is this stuff?" and he said, "$2 each," and they said, "OK." I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I guess it was cool because it wasn't like Pawn Stars. That is to say, they weren't giving a soulless Wikipedia backstory to some guy's thing that he wants to get $1000 for. It felt like they were real comic book men at that garage sale.

The podcast sections of the show, where they sit with Kevin Smith, are kind of just redundant of whatever happened at the shop. It's commentary on something that I don't really need anymore commentary than what has already been given. Ideally, these podcasts sections would be interviews with comic book artists, and other people in that world. Even if it was Kevin Smith doing the interviews.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/23/wa...rira-michonne/

Ever since we saw that cloaked figure brandishing a katana sword while accompanied by two chained up armless zombies in The Walking Dead’s season 2 finale, fans have been salivating for a first look at the woman under the hood — Michonne. That first look is now here. A fan favorite from The Walking Dead comic book on which the AMC series is based, Michonne will be played by actress Danai Gurira (Treme) when the show returns for season 3 this October, and here is your exclusive first taste of what she will look like.

In the comics, Michonne is an unflinching warrior who proves to be powerful ally for Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors. But how different will the onscreen version be? “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne — remains intact from the comics,” says Robert Kirkman (the creator of the comic and executive producer of the TV adaptation). “But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”

As for why they cast the relatively unknown Danai Gurira for the pivotal role, Kirkman says, “We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.”

Kirkman is equally enthusiastic about the big location setting for season 3, as Rick and company attempt to turn a prison into their new zombie-proof fortress. “It looks absolutely amazing,” gushes Kirkman. “They are shooting the hell out of this prison. It just looks absolutely stunning, and I think when people start seeing trailers and stuff for this season, I think people are just gonna be like, “Wait, what? This is what? I can’t believe this is a TV show!” It’s really creepy, really moody and it’s just gonna be really awesome.”
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Andrew Lincolns peen+bush from some movie/tv show(?). NSFW
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...48uo2_1280.jpg
    I want.

lool

Holy shit I wish I could be in San Diego for this.

http://www.thewalkingdeadescape.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post

Thanks!

You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Thank you!

must go to that!

Bought my Survivor ticket for Thursday evening after the Convention Center closes. I can't wait!
    2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1

Good luck, hope you make it out alive!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

So glad this marathon is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Oooooooh. Might have to watch.

The new Talking Dead got me excited for season 3. Hurry up, October!

also, they showed the pilot episode in Black and White and it was way more creepy.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

i dvr'ed the marathon episodes that i've missed, i.e. all but the first three of season one. some time around the halfway point in season two, i started actively rooting for the walkers. i was hoping carl was gonna get eaten. either that or a one hell of a ass-beating. he needs it. now i can't wait to see how season three plays out (i've never read the comic books/graphic novels).
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Yo, Merle!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    This is great. I can't wait for season 3!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

The Governor looks NOTHING like how he looks in the comics.

lol forever

(can't embed Tumblr videos)
    http://rickognize.tumblr.com/post/27...ways-come-back