Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    The killing of the last zombie at the beginning of this episode was really similar to the Office Space copy machine scene
    pssst. look a page back

The actor that plays Glenn, Steven Yeun, is doing an AMAA on Reddit.

here

hopefully he isn't just going to plug Rampart.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.

I was screaming hysterically during that brief Michonne scene. How amazing was that entrance. So awesome.

Yeah, the Michonne scene was badass.

Why oh why couldn't Lori have been eaten?!
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

It kind of reminded me of Breaking Bad, Rick's turn towards despotism at the end. However, considering some of the retards he has to contend with, you can sympathize with the decision. First Lori plants the seed in his head to kill Shane, then when he finally does it, she's horrified and acts like he's a prick. And fuck Sophia's mother, too. She's been pretty much worthless the entire series. And it seemed really drama queen-ish of everybody to act all butthurt over the revelation that Rick had withheld the news that they were all infected. What purpose would that information have served previously? You just escaped a horde of zombies who overran what you thought was a safehouse and that killed a number of your friends/family members. THIS is what you're going to get all bent out of shape over?

The person who saved Andrea seems pretty bad-ass and has me looking forward to what will unfold next season. I know most of the current cast is going to last a bit longer, but it'll be fun trying to guess who the next one to bite it will be. (T-Dog seems to be the most vulnerable considering his ethnicity. It's a wonder he's made it this far.)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

word, Lori is so fucking annoying. just fucking die already!!!!

glad to see BADASS michonne has joined the party

I'm on the west coast, watching the episode before the finale and so far it seems cool. I've been meaning to wqtch this show, and I haven't until right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

We got a lot to look forward to for the third season. The prison, the Govonor, and Michonne. The second half of the second season dominated the first half.
    Last edited by rasooli; 03-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Since I never read the comics, the person with the 2 black, armless zombies (seemed very slave-like) was totally like whoa n stuff.

Really good episode, but I'm annoyed to no end that everyones pissed at Rick, especially for keeping that news from them.
    It's only bad if they die, so they all need to get over it.
    And fuck Carol for trying to turn Daryl against Rick.
    And fuck Lori for essentially brainwashing Rick into thinking Shane is even more of a bad guy, but now she's pissed at him.

October is so long away...

I loved Rick turning into a dick at the end. What I don't get is why Lori and everyone can be mortified that he killed Shane when he straight up says Shane led him out to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    The second half of the second season dominated the first half.
    This.

They could have scrapped about 30% of this previous season.

I dont think the first half of the second season was nearly as bad as what most of the naysayers have been stating.

Really interesting interview with Robert Kirkman after yesterdays episode. Seems like season 3 is going to be unbelieveable.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/the-wa...on-3-spoilers/

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    I loved Rick turning into a dick at the end. What I don't get is why Lori and everyone can be mortified that he killed Shane when he straight up says Shane led him out to kill him.
    let go of your desire to have Lori make sense.

accept that she's batshit crazy. And she's pregnant to boot.

The alternative is that she had some sort of latent feelings for Shane, and the show couldn't be taken remotely seriously .

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

She's not as crazy as she is just plain dumb. I mean it's poor writing, really. As is the suspension of disbelief that a horde following a helicopter led them to the farm. Give me a fucking break. Just have a horde appear, you don't need to explain everything, especially when the explanations are far more implausible. And the kid that plays Carl, holy wow. Probably the worst part of the entire show. Rick, Hershel and Daryl are the only compelling characters at this point.

Oh and fuck yeah, Michonne.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I'm betting it's the highest rated show ever with the worst fucking actors. Save for the guy that plays Rick, the acting abilities of the cast range from mediocre to just fucking awful.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 03-19-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

loved the finale!
    2012 2013 2014

last.fm

I never really thought of Carl being a bad actor per-say (i mean he was fine for a kid actor i guess), UNTIL the finale. I just wanted Rick to take him out and stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    She's not as crazy as she is just plain dumb. I mean it's poor writing, really. As is the suspension of disbelief that a horde following a helicopter led them to the farm. Give me a fucking break. Just have a horde appear, you don't need to explain everything, especially when the explanations are far more implausible. And the kid that plays Carl, holy wow. Probably the worst part of the entire show. Rick, Hershel and Daryl are the only compelling characters at this point.

Oh and fuck yeah, Michonne.
    I disagree entirely. Using a helicopter to occasionally loop around to corral and generally direct the zombies is a pretty plausible strategy (in the universe where zombies behave in such manner). That is if it is actually a strategy.

If you could loop around and bunch them up then you could bomb them.

That's the second time we've seen the helicopter over Atlanta, so I'm sure it will be a larger plot device than just bringing a horde to the farm.
    2012 2013 2014

I highly doubt it. It was a cheap way to get a bunch of zombies out of nowhere to the farm. I don't give the writers the benefit of the doubt here.
    last.fm

I liked the episode, especially when everybody was panicking and running around as the herd closed around the barn. I was expecting more casualties, like Herschel and Andrea, but I suppose Shane and Dale and those randomers from the farm are enough... for now...

I thought that Michonne was T-Dawg's daughter, because I hadn't gotten that far in the comics, and I used to think that her character was Julie having becoming bad ass. Also, when Michonne appeared on last night's episode, it cut to T-Dawg, staring contemplatively out into the distance... But I looked at my compendium and saw that I was mistaken. I'm excited to learn just who or what the hell Michonne is.

I agree with Brandon about the helicopter being used as a coincidental way of moving the herd toward the farm. Even if there are people herding the zombies, it seems like a weird time to bring that up. We already know that zombies move in their own herds, for hunting, so it wouldn't have been weird for that big herd to have just come upon the farm on their own.

Thinking back to the beginning, Rick never really kept up with checking on that guy and his kid. I kind of wish that was still a thing he was trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

You guys didn't get it if you think the helicopter brought them to the farm. That whole scene was supposed to illustrate the way zombies think. That helicopter was the same one as we saw in the first(?) episode. They were just trying to convey that to get a herd going it only takes something small, like a passing aircraft. One small thing will get walkers moving towards something and if nothing else gets their attention they will continue on the path. Then along that path more will join in because they don't know what else to do. This whole group will keep moving until something catches their attention again. Which, obviously, in this episode was a gunshot.

They would've left the cities at some point anyway when they ran out of food.

I didn't get it, guys.

I didn't get it.
    last.fm

Well then how would you have preferred them to show that in fifteen seconds?

I just got started on this show and I must say, its blowing my mind how good it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    You guys didn't get it if you think the helicopter brought them to the farm. That whole scene was supposed to illustrate the way zombies think. That helicopter was the same one as we saw in the first(?) episode. They were just trying to convey that to get a herd going it only takes something small, like a passing aircraft. One small thing will get walkers moving towards something and if nothing else gets their attention they will continue on the path. Then along that path more will join in because they don't know what else to do. This whole group will keep moving until something catches their attention again. Which, obviously, in this episode was a gunshot.

They would've left the cities at some point anyway when they ran out of food.
    No, I get that zombies move toward noises. It was just dumb that they felt the need to explain the herd's journey to the farm in that way. It almost suggests that the helicopter pointed them toward the farm, only to be pin-pointed by Shane's gunshot as he died. The helicopter makes me think that, either, they want to suggest some convoluted conspiracy against Rick's group or they want to show how bad Rick's group's bad luck is.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Well then how would you have preferred them to show that in fifteen seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    No, I get that zombies move toward noises. It was just dumb that they felt the need to explain the herd's journey to the farm in that way. It almost suggests that the helicopter pointed them toward the farm, only to be pin-pointed by Shane's gunshot as he died. The helicopter makes me think that, either, they want to suggest some convoluted conspiracy against Rick's group or they want to show how bad Rick's group's bad luck is.
    Essentially this. My point was that I dont need the explanations when they themselves seem weak or even silly. They already had a herd/horde run in and that one wasnt explained. It was a good scene. This one with the helicopter following, and the zombies somehow taking apart a fence and then wandering the exact path to the farm only to be lured in from a tenth of a mile away with that gunshot is what I take issue with.

We should see another helicopter next season though, but it wont be in the air.
    last.fm