Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Default Re: The Walking Dead

good episode overall, looking forward to the next one.

it's gotten beyond comical that lori has no ability to keep track of her son despite living in a very dangerous environment. prisoner has escaped! he's carrying a gun! everyone go inside and shut the door! but don't notice if carl slips away for the zillionth time!

the scene where rick approached carl in the barn and said, "your mom told me i'd find you here" made me lol. how are we supposed to believe she would know where carl is at any given moment?

given lori's parenting skills, the baby might be better off starting as a zombie.

i'm so glad i didn't seek out any spoilers after last week's episode. Shane's death was overdue with all his craziness and Rick doing it, then Carl doing it the 2nd time was pretty cool. Next week's season finale should be awesome, hopefully more exciting than just a big explosion like last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    good episode overall, looking forward to the next one.

it's gotten beyond comical that lori has no ability to keep track of her son despite living in a very dangerous environment. prisoner has escaped! he's carrying a gun! everyone go inside and shut the door! but don't notice if carl slips away for the zillionth time!

the scene where rick approached carl in the barn and said, "your mom told me i'd find you here" made me lol. how are we supposed to believe she would know where carl is at any given moment?

given lori's parenting skills, the baby might be better off starting as a zombie.
    Somebody wrote in on Talking Dead and asked if Carl was in possession of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Something seems strange about this "everyone's infected" thing.

I don't remember exactly but when Jenner showed the footage of his wife's transformation did he kill her before the second "event" or did she die of the infection?

If he did end her life then it's true that we have no evidence that the infection itself is lethal.
    I forget his name but there was that dude in season 1 who they tied up and left, he seemed sick be we don't know if he actually turned.

And while I'm trying to pull threads I may as well just re-vent my standard zombie complaints.
    GODDAMMIT WHY ARE THESE THINGS STILL WALKING!!!?? It's been months now. Even if these things did manage to find food, they have no fucking functional circulatory system. Eating doesn't fucking many any difference. Functioning brain or not, they're still just\ piles of rotting flesh. Just fucking starve and die GODDAMMIT!

ok it's passed.

New zombies are created daily. It would take at least 5 years to cull the zombie population.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Something seems strange about this "everyone's infected" thing.

I don't remember exactly but when Jenner showed the footage of his wife's transformation did he kill her before the second "event" or did she die of the infection?

If he did end her life then it's true that we have no evidence that the infection itself is lethal.
    I think the bite just causes a lethal fever and that Jenner's wife was only a demonstration of the fever and the turn. Jenner took everyone's blood sample when they were at the CDC and I presume that everyone carried the zombie infection which lead to the whisper.

I forget his name but there was that dude in season 1 who they tied up and left, he seemed sick be we don't know if he actually turned.
    That's Merel, and they went back to set him free but he wasn't there.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1)

If the party was already infected then that means Sophia very well could have starved to death or dehydrated huh? Just wanted to make this show more gruesome and depressing. Despite Rick's indecisiveness and inconsistency and neglect of Carl (strange seeing that he was shot right before his eyes that he feels comfortable with him just roaming around), the guy handles things. Shane was clearly unhinged by the time he killed Randall and Grimes was childish to think that because he saved his life Shane would be his best friend again just like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    New zombies are created daily. It would take at least 5 years to cull the zombie population.
    Doesn't matter even if that were true.
    The human brain dies within minutes without constant blood flow.

Anyway it's academic. suspension of disbelieve, yada yada. Still bugs me from time to time. Skeletons can't move without functioning muscles. Anyone trying to argue the possibility of any of this through science is an idiot. Just call it magic and move on.

Lori giving birth to a walker and Rick having to blow its head off would be fantastic television.
    Bloody 'el!!!!
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post

Merel is going to be making a comeback when they discover that other group of people. I swear he is going to be holding up with them and then Daryl is going to have to make a tough choice.
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

Ah! I did notice that Shane was acting like a zombie before he killed Randall, especially the way he was breathing, but I didn't make the connection to his being infected. I thought it was just supposed to be taken as how angry or crazy he had become, but for it to be due from the activation of the zombie virus, in some form, is interesting. It certainly would explain how ridiculous everybody is.

I was also wondering about Sophia, because I thought it was unlikely that any zombies that found her wouldn't just devour her completely. But if she succeeded in hiding from the zombies, only to die of natural causes like starvation, it would make sense that she became a zombie due to the infection...

But with the way Shane got, it makes me wonder how much damage the infection can do, when it isn't transmitted via a bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    no not Merel. The tall skinny dude who got bitten when walkers invaded their first camp.
    He seemed to be getting sick so he asked to be abandoned. They tied him to a tree by the side of the road and drove away.

Yeah, we don't know what happened to that guy.

Also, I'm pretty sure the doc killed his wife after "the event". They watched her brain die, reanimate, and then he shot her.
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

no not Merel. The tall skinny dude who got bitten when walkers invaded their first camp.
    He seemed to be getting sick so he asked to be abandoned. They tied him to a tree by the side of the road and drove away.
    oh. I totally forgot about that guy.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah, we don't know what happened to that guy.

Also, I'm pretty sure the doc killed his wife after "the event". They watched her brain die, reanimate, and then he shot her.
    right, after. but I couldn't remember whether he killed her the before she turned.
    But that doesn't matter now that I'm reminded that she was bitten anyway.

Lately, I've been binging on How I Met Your Mother and noticed Shane in an episode during the first season playing a stoner that Robin hooks up with at a party. Quite the role reversal from the crazy bald headed bastard he played in Walking Dead.
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline

Carlos!
    2012 2013 2014

I wonder if Andrea will have a freak out when she finds out Shane was infected.

Spoiler: So, if you want to know whether or not the Governor is making an appearance next season, or who has been cast as the Governor, it's on the IMDB page for episode 3.1.

It's already well established in this thread that Morrisey is the governor.

I just assumed that bites were lethal and scratches/wound-zombie gunk contact was infectious but non-lethal (or potentially lethal much longer-term). And the Jenner whisper was that one of the members of the group (Shane) was already infected. Or that they could be infected. But not the whole group.

Also, in regards to the zombies starving, if you follow the rules set forth by the Zombie Survival Guide, zombies don't actually eat for nourishment at all. Their digestive system has shut down, so the food just goes in and sits there. The feeding is just an urge, and yes, they do ultimately fully decompose at some point. /embarrassing myself

The Walking Office Space Dead

In the comics all individuals become zombies after a non zombie affected death. Shane's thought process wasn't affected by the virus before he was killed. Everyone in the group will become zombies if they die a non zombie affected death ala Randall and Shane.

Yeah there isn't any scientific method to explain zombies, I (also a nerd) found that to be the only frustrating thing about The Zombie Survival Guide, if your circulatory system isn't functioning than your muscles shouldn't be working, your body should decay VERY quickly, and NO part of your brain should be functioning at all. Besides magic, the closest a movie has come to portray zombies as an actual threat is 28 Days Later but those infected aren't technically zombies as they are still alive, just driven insane. Just like vampires and werewolves, zombies will never fucking happen...and I'm a little disappointed by it.

Never say never...

Well, I never.

Before the mid-season hiatus, weren't there previews which suggested Shane and Andrea struck out on their own together?
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline

Was Andrea driving a Hearst? ZINGG

The killing of the last zombie at the beginning of this episode was really similar to the Office Space copy machine scene
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

In the Romero universe of zombies, everyones already infected basically.
    Even if you didn't die from a bite, once you die you come back.

I guess that's what they're doing here too.