View Poll Results: BEST GAY BAND

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Culture Club

    1 0.66%
  • Depeche Mode

    21 13.91%
  • Erasure

    11 7.28%
  • Frankie Goes To Hollywood

    3 1.99%
  • Franz Ferdinand

    13 8.61%
  • Pet Shop Boys

    13 8.61%
  • Queen

    52 34.44%
  • Scissor Sister

    13 8.61%
  • The Smiths

    22 14.57%
  • Wham

    2 1.32%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 243

Thread: BEST GAY BANDS

  1. #121
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Hey, here's a little secret for everybody: when there's a long-term pervasive rumor about a famous guy being gay... IT'S BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING GAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  2. #122
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Morrissey is too into himself to fool around with othr guys or girls.

  3. #123
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,033

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    The Smiths are a gay band; it's evident in the EP and LP covers, the suggestions in multiple songs, and Morrissey himself.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  4. #124
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Ambiguous lyrics is not equal to being openly gay.

  5. #125
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,033

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    No, but it can equate with being normally gay.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  6. #126
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    I always thought Daniel Ash was gay, or at least he has a VERY feminine side. maybe Daniel Ash could replace Tilla Tequilla on Shot at Love and have girls and guys both vying for him, but Ash is too old for MTV's typical demographic. Maybe Dani could make it happen.

  7. #127
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,902

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Jesus Christ, Ken is on a roll. I don't know that I can change my sig after five minutes though.
    Last edited by bballarl; 12-12-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

  8. #128
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    The only roll I wil ever be on is the ones from the Olive Garden. The only superior bread is from that old school restaurant the Smokehouse in Burbank, California.

  9. #129
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    The only roll I wil ever be on is the ones from the Olive Garden. The only superior bread is from that old school restaurant the Smokehouse in Burbank, California.
    C'mon Andrew, you totes want this one for your sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  10. #130
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,902

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    The Daniel Ash comment was funnier. I'm only keeping this sig because of the Richard Gere/gerbil reference, which I have never heard of before but is funny all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

  11. #131
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Dude, the olive garden one is so much better. Especially because olive garden is the epitome of what Italian food is not supposed to be.

    Also, my new sig > yours
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  12. #132
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,575

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Richard Gere walked into Petco, strolled toward the small animals section, and thought, "Whose lucky day is it today?"
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  13. #133
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    And then Gaypalm helped him pick out one that'd already had its claws and teeth removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  14. #134
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,819

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    Michael Jackson is a sick and demented individual, no matter how many times Corey Feldman defends him in interviews.
    He's sick and demented due to repressed homoness...

  15. #135
    Member sydaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,236

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    It's the Pet Shop Boys, hands down. I absolutely love them. When I tell people that I have a couple of gay friends, that's who I am referring to.

  16. #136
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    I'm surprised nobody voted for Justice. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  17. #137
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by Cancersticks1 View Post
    Andy is very openly gay, but Vince is straight.
    "Straight" is probably overstating it. But yeah, as I already mentioned, he's married with a kid.

    If Andy is a 10 on a gay scale, Vince is probably a 3. I suspect when you make your money from being a gay icon, you gotta camp it up a little on stage. Honestly, he doesn't even really do that anymore. Seems like last time I saw them, he wore a suit with a little satellite dish on his head.

    "Everyone's a little queer, why can't she be a little straight?"
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

  18. #138
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Freddie Mercury fucked some girls too. Sorry, but there's no way the guys from Erasure don't love cock. Doesn't mean there aren't some who actually believe in a traditional family as well. I know it sounds wacky, but it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  19. #139
    Member disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,169

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

  20. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    4,147

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    by far limp bizkit was the best

  21. #141
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Freddie Mercury fucked some girls too. Sorry, but there's no way the guys from Erasure don't love cock. Doesn't mean there aren't some who actually believe in a traditional family as well. I know it sounds wacky, but it's true.
    I like how you just say what I said in a different way, and then somehow that's an argument in your mind.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

  22. #142
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,419

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    No love for WHAM!, eh? Nobody chose life.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

  23. #143
    Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,160

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    No one in Depeche Mode is gay. Kthxbye.

    I know. Still. Not even in the 10 months since the thread started. They've had more than enough time to start sucking cock and not one of them has succumbed. Rock stars, eh?
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

  24. #144
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    black flag...

  25. #145
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,551

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I like how you just say what I said in a different way, and then somehow that's an argument in your mind.
    No, your argument was that they're not exactly gay. I'm saying they are gay--they've just fucked chicks and had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  26. #146
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No, your argument was that they're not exactly gay. I'm saying they are gay--they've just fucked chicks and had kids.
    Well, I hate to extend this idiotic conversation longer, but...

    First of all, I don't know where you're getting this "they" business. Andy Bell is easily the "gayest" man in pop music, and I never said anything otherwise.

    Secondly, I would define "gay" as someone who is unattracted to the opposite sex. I agree with you that that doesn't mean they couldn't have had a sexual experience with the opposite sex...I agree that Freddie Mercury is an excellent example of a gay man who has had sex with women.

    And even though there is absolutely no evidence that Vince Clarke has ever had a sexual experience with a man, I agree that he probably HAS, simply due to the world he has lived in since he was 18.

    When I said he probably was a "3", I meant on a scale where "1" is totally straight, "10" is totally gay, and "5" is a true bi-sexual. (BTW, I don't believe "true" bisexuals exist...I dated a "bisexual" woman, but as far as I'm concerned, she was a lesbian who was experimenting. Everyone leans one way or the other.)

    Vince Clarke identifies himself as straight, and I've never seen any evidence that he or anyone else who would know has ever said otherwise. He married a woman he has dated for a long time. He has no reason to "hide" his homosexuality...if anything, being "openly straight" hurts his status with his fanbase. Therefore, I have no reason to believe he's gay.

    Since YOU'RE so sure, I can only assume that you've fucked him personally. But to use your Freddie Mercury analogy, that just makes him a straight guy who occasionally fucks closet case junkies.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

  27. #147
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,575

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    When I said he probably was a "3", I meant on a scale where "1" is totally straight, "10" is totally gay, and "5" is a true bi-sexual.
    After all these years, it's nice to know there is a gay scale. Can you list the gay agenda while you're at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  28. #148
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,819

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    black flag...
    No shit, Rollins sets the curve for the gay scale.

  29. #149
    Member flagella666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Franciskies
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    Has anyone heard Depeche Mode's album Speak & Spell??? Its like the gayest thing ever.

    ...not that there's anything wrong with that

  30. #150
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: BEST GAY BANDS

    The Pixies!

Similar Threads

  1. Best 70s Bands
    By TomAz in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
  3. Will I be able to see most of these bands?
    By Teamtoe in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 01:19 PM
  4. List the bands you know
    By faxman75 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 07:31 PM
  5. Less bands...
    By cbrl23 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •