Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Coachella Last year...very lonely.

Default Re: My Coachella Last year...very lonely.

Coachella sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Once upon a time there was a sad lonely panda at Coachella... He met a few other pandas at the water bottle recycling area. And then he noticed there were many just like him, wandering around enjoying the festival, and many of them were alone.
    So, sad lonely panda decided to make the best of it... He rolled up a joint to smoke... and then he went around meeting others in the campground. Then he really noticed that he wasn't any different than some of the people there at the fest.Everybody has their own style. The fun part is what you make it yourself. Just don't be the jackass panda that tried to take it all in for free by jumping the enclosure...
    or, you'll still find yourself a sad lonely panda...The End.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Q. Ya know wots good about red panda babbys?
    Hmm, that they're so damn cute they don't have to know how to spell?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    is there a coachella ofical seal of disapproval? this thread needz it
    You're kidding right? We've had a seal for almost 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

That seal looks intrigued tho
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMan View Post

trust me, you would not be able to tell im 17.
    betcha I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ ABEL ROCK View Post
    Kanye Performance was fucking sick...he did the shit with ZERO monitors and less then 10 fucking rappers on stage with him including a hype man or 'hype men' and he manage to take you on a ride of personal shit then into some party shit then back into some deep shit then back into some hype party shit then back into some sentimental shit and still was able to keep that crowd hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreshMentos View Post
    Give high fives
    This is a really good idea, actually. Many people ran around at a music festival I went to earlier this year doing this sort of thing.

Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

put face on grass and make friends with ants
    *there are plans, but they have no dates*

I was 16 years old last year, when i went to my very first Coachella. to say the least, i was excited, pumped and ready to take on americas greatest music festival. i was sleepless because of angst but at the same time completely ready.

my brother was my only companion throughout this whole ordeal and im very glad i had him around, without him i would have been lost.

although the festival was amazing, the music was great and the sights were unforgettable i didn't make any interactions with anyone at the festival. i made small talk with people but when my brother left my side i was alone, and it was terrifying.

i wondered how i could start conversations with people, should i just go up to them and ask them what's up? should i ask for a lighter and make small talk, should i sit next to them and compliment their food? i did neither of this things and i just hoped they would come to me..this is when i realized that when i'm by myself in a polo field full of strangers, i am the shyest person in the planet.

it was a very lonely Coachella and i tried to entertain myself with the music and marijuana fumes...but still, it would have been nice to be with someone or talk to people.

what are some tips to meet people at Coachella? i don't know if i was terrified because of my age, although i do not look anywhere close to 17 right now, most people mistake me for being 20+

next year, to resolve this issue, invited as many of my friends to Coachella as possible. we're planning to get a van and drive over there.

lets hope that takes care of it and makes me more confident.
    Along the lines of the earlier poster saying that it is what you make of it, Coachella for me is equally about the amazing music, as well as sharing the amazing time you have there with people you love.

I would definitely recommend just trying to get some of your good friends to come with you this year. Nag the f*ck out of them if you have to.

Sure you can meet strangers at Coachella, maybe make real connections with some of them, maybe even stay friends after the festival.

But most likely you'll have the most fun if you are there with people who you are close with already.

This year was my first Coachella and I was there with my younger sister, and my best friend Charlie, both of whom live across the country and I dont get to see nearly as much as I'd like to, as well as a number of other pretty good friends. There was some awesome performances, but the memories I made
    with them I'm certain I'll remember forever

-End Hallmark greeting card
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by donkey sex View Post
    put face on grass and make friends with ants
    Wow, has anybody even considered the ants during the festival? Poor things just minding their own ant busines, following the ant in front of them, while he follows the ant in front of him, and so on, and so on...When, all of a sudden this foot comes down upon them. And then another, and another...

The poor things try to scramble to avoid the onslaught. Several now have 3-4 broken legs, a few have dropped their crumbs and tried to flee. (Don't get me started on the turmoil that fleas go through each Coachella.) And I'm sure that over in the beer gardens, where those ants thought they'd get lucky and cop a buzz, or at least a few bites here and there, there's straight up PANDAmonium instead! A whole group is fighting for their little ant lives trying to swim out of the vomit that has landed upon them, while another group nearing safety at the edge of the fences ended up getting pissed on.

This has been going on for years. Colonies have been destroyed, left to wither and die in a tiny little heap of ant guts. 80,000 people VS God knows how many ants... No, Donkey Sex, I don't think they'll want to make friends anytime soon...

... don't sweat it man, E-HUG.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

This year was also my first coachella, and I came alone as well, (It's hard to get my friends here in Texas to make the trip to California), but the easiest thing for me was to just chat with my neighbors and for us to get to know each other. You'll find you have a lot in common with the people here because, after all, we're all here for the music.
    July 12 - Matthew Dear
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    This year was also my first coachella, and I came alone as well,.
    Awesome! I just came alone too!
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I hear if you drink a bottle of bleach on the Friday before the festival, people will flock to you like crazy.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Lurker

OP, I was kinda in the same boat as you. Pretty much went by myself last year, traveled from Denver to LA and then up to Palm Springs. 75,000 people makes it pretty tough to make a damn phone call or send a text, so meeting up with my friends was extremely tough. I found one group of them sat night after 2manydjs, and the other group sunday night just before gorillaz. But did I spend my Coachella alone? Hell no! I made a bunch of friends, some of whom I've stayed in contact with. You just gotta be outgoing, realize that everyone is there to have a good time and is probably on some sort of substance, and put yourself out there. Walk up to a group of chill people and start up a conversation, if you tell them about your situation they'll most likely understand and hang out with you (as long as you don't seem creepy or dangerous haha). Better luck next year, spending Coachella by yourself is no way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    (panda story)...or, you'll still find yourself a sad lonely panda...The End.
    This might actually work as a good bed time story.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Pussy!! I was at CalJamII when I was 17 with 250,000 people. I became the leader!!
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    Along the lines of the earlier poster saying that it is what you make of it, Coachella for me is equally about the amazing music, as well as sharing the amazing time you have there with people you love.

I would definitely recommend just trying to get some of your good friends to come with you this year. Nag the f*ck out of them if you have to.

Sure you can meet strangers at Coachella, maybe make real connections with some of them, maybe even stay friends after the festival.

But most likely you'll have the most fun if you are there with people who you are close with already.

This year was my first Coachella and I was there with my younger sister, and my best friend Charlie, both of whom live across the country and I dont get to see nearly as much as I'd like to, as well as a number of other pretty good friends. There was some awesome performances, but the memories I made
    with them I'm certain I'll remember forever

-End Hallmark greeting card

Coachella.......the new Candy Mountain!

maybe if you put some damn clothes on people wouldn't freak out every time they saw you panda boy
    1L☮e.

I was 16 years old last year... i didn't make any interactions with anyone at the festival..

i wondered how i could start conversations with people, should i just go up to them and ask them what's up? should i ask for a lighter and make small talk, should i sit next to them and compliment their food? i did neither of this things and i just hoped they would come to me..this is when i realized that when i'm by myself in a polo field full of strangers, i am the shyest person in the planet.

(Inserts picture of sad Keanu photoshopped to be in the Polo Fields)
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

or sad Keanu wearing a panda hat

down the street not across if you really upset next year...baaaa hahahahaa

I was just thinking of this thread and the thickets one today.
    2007:2009:2010:2011:2012[1]

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    I considered asking my doctor for advice, but when I asked him if he had ever been to Coachella, and his answer was "What's a Coachella?"; Everything else he said was meaningless to me after that point.

no man is an island.

look for good vibes and someone to share the joy that is Coachella
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...