Quote Originally Posted by discobotica View Post

not bad for the last game of the day
    YES

WOW, what a play by AZ!

Default Re: College Football 2010

*NOM*NOM*NOM*NOM*

QUADRUPLE SACK LUNCH!!!!!

God fucking dammit that game could not have been any slower / longer. Thank god Arizona won, though.

sun devils: way to break my heart again. better execution and the pac is 7-3 this week. sigh.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caeden View Post
    this game may have knocked locker out of heisman contention. especially with the play of other qb's around the country (robinson of michigan, mallett of arkansas, pryor of ohio st.) looks like luck of stanford or barkley of usc may be the pac-10's best chances for a heisman.
    Here's the deal; it was unfair to make Locker a Heisman candidate in the first place. We all know that it has little to do with the best player in country and more with the best player on one of the top 5 teams. He and UW were never either of these things. The guy has a ridiculous combination of size, strength, and raw athletic ability but he 1) isn't being utilized properly and 2) isn't getting enough help from his supporting cast, both on offense and defense. Also, he's made zero strides delivering the ball down the field from last year. That's a kinda sorta big goddamn problem...

As for UW: Huge letdown thus far. The special teams is abysmal, our offensive play calling doesn't utilize Locker's strengths by keeping him in the pocket all the damn time, and our defense is mostly embarrassing.

Uggg.

i work at an "upscale sports bar" so i'm able to watch multiple games at a time. it's pretty fucking awesome especially when there's a couple fantastic games being played, such as the triumvirate of clemson/auburn, ND/michigan st., and texas/tech tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    FAKE field goal attempt for a touchdown!!! How awesome, take that ND.

Stanford... kicking ass, very nice.
    ND's offense is looking good. now if they could only get their defense up to par and, after that fake field goal, work on their special teams, they might have a chance at a good record. and by extension, get into a much better bowl.

as for stanford... WOW!!! amazing performance. i'm impressed.

WOW, 'Zona blows 20 point lead......Iowa 27, Arizona 27
    not sure whether this was arizona blowing the lead or iowa finally pulling their heads out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofpower View Post
    sun devils: way to break my heart again.
    you should be very happy by ASU's play. picked by some on this board to vie for last place in the pac-10, they went into camp randall and pushed #11 wisconsin to the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Here's the deal; it was unfair to make Locker a Heisman candidate in the first place. We all know that it has little to do with the best player in country and more with the best player on one of the top 5 teams. He and UW were never either of these things. The guy has a ridiculous combination of size, strength, and raw athletic ability but he 1) isn't being utilized properly and 2) isn't getting enough help from his supporting cast, both on offense and defense. Also, he's made zero strides delivering the ball down the field from last year. That's a kinda sorta big goddamn problem...

As for UW: Huge letdown thus far. The special teams is abysmal, our offensive play calling doesn't utilize Locker's strengths by keeping him in the pocket all the damn time, and our defense is mostly embarrassing.

Uggg.
    i'll defer to you on all matters locker and UW since it's your backyard. that being said, i thought the commentators were high for placing locker so far up in the heisman predictions. i'm sure he's a beast on the field with the right offense, but UW's program still has a ways to go until they start to draw some true national attention that tends to go along with the heisman debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

I'll come back when I'm sober. Pac-10 let me down today.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post

Pretty sure all the ranked Pac-10 teams won. Who gives a shit about UW and ASU, sorry Jeff and any assholes that go to ASU.

Edit: and of the 5 games where ranked Pac-10 teams played, they not only won but outscored their opponents a combined 269-92. I will admit Oregon and Stanford skewed that number a bit, but still.

Addicted to quack.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 09-19-2010 at 03:08 AM.

you should be very happy by ASU's play. picked by some on this board to vie for last place in the pac-10, they went into camp randall and pushed #11 wisconsin to the edge.
    Too bad they have the Ducks next. I was really rooting for them today I hate the Big 10. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post

Uggg.

This is why Im dropping his ass in Fantasy and grabbing Taylor Martinez. And thank god I have Dayne Crist as a backup. Keeping Kearse though, he will keep being Lockers main target.

it's a double-edged sword. going into the game i told myself i'd be happy if it was competitive, but the fact they had so many missed opportunities + the blown interference call in the end zone just drove me up a wall. coulda/woulda/shoulda. all aspects of our game looked good, we just couldn't execute when it mattered.

with that said, i'm convinced that wisconsin is overrated and can easily see them finishing behind ohio state, iowa, and penn state.

bring on the ducks!! ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    Too bad they have the Ducks next. I was really rooting for them today I hate the Big 10. Oh well.
    I'm not an ASU fan but I did watch yesterday's game with interest. ASU should have won that damned game.

- ASU punt return for TD called back for penalty
    - Kickoff return as time expired in the first half -- ASU runner tackled on the one fucking yard line.
    - Score the "tying" TD with two minutes left, only to have the extra point blocked so it's not a tie after all.

not to mention the two first-and-goal situations that resulted in FGs rather than TDs. and the missed FG.

The Big 10's true stripes are starting to show. Wisconsin needs luck and a break to win a one-point game at home over one of the worst teams in the Pac 10; Michigan gives up 37 points to a 1-AA school; Iowa loses to Arizona. At least Illinois and Purdue managed to (barely) beat their MAC opponents. And Ohio State showed its strength with its win over the mighty Ohio Bobcats.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Pretty sure all the ranked Pac-10 teams won. Who gives a shit about UW and ASU, sorry Jeff and any assholes that go to ASU.

Edit: and of the 5 games where ranked Pac-10 teams played, they not only won but outscored their opponents a combined 269-92. I will admit Oregon and Stanford skewed that number a bit, but still.

Addicted to quack.
    Like my post stated... super drunk. I'll never root for ASU. It was great seeing all the Iowa fans frown when Wisconsin pulled out the W.

WOW, 'Zona blows 20 point lead......Iowa 27, Arizona 27

not bad for the last game of the day

I can agree that we "blew" the lead... but I'd rather think Iowa woke up and said "we aint goin' down like that."

Also, I've been attending Arizona games for 20 years at least... and that was one of the craziest games I've ever been to.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 09-19-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post

Fuck yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    I'm just glad Cal got their asses blown out early in the year, instead of getting our hopes up, making us think they're a good team, and then shitting their pants midway through the conference schedule.
    this. time for a new coach? eh, why bother, state of CA is too broke to justify a coaching hire.

I hope Dennis Dixon getting hurt today doesn't mean he will have time to visit Eugene to wish the players good luck / actually wind up sprinkling his bad mojo everywhere.

Also, let it be stated next week will be probably the only time EVER that I root for Oregon State.

I was only able to catch the first half of the Arizona/Iowa game at the bar before heading to the Menomena show. I saw Iowa score their first touchdown and wondered if the crowd in the bar was cheering because they were Iowa fans or ASU fans who hate the Cats. I was so stoked when Travis Cobb took the ensuing kickoff and returned it 100 yards for the touchdown. I'm kind of glad I didn't stick around to watch the second half because I get too pissed off when teams I root for blow big leads like that -- like, I'm completely unenjoyable to be around -- though I'm a little bummed I missed the finish. Bet Arizona Stadium was the place to be in Tucson last night.

EDIT: Dammit, don't want to jinx anything, but the Cats should be undefeated going into their Nov 7 game against Stanford.
    Last edited by Somewhat Damaged; 09-19-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    EDIT: Dammit, don't want to jinx anything, but the Cats should be undefeated going into their Nov 7 game against Stanford.
    My wife and I will be at that game. GO Cardinals!!!
    9/19 Beck @ the Masonic (?)
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Scoff.

Northwestern University should be in the top 25. Maybe next week. Go Wildcats! 3-0
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Please. NW has played Rice, Vanderbilt, and Illinois State.

I doubt boise state is going to lose a game this year and if this happens all the analysts are saying they will most likely play in the national championship. Based on their strength of schedule they shouldn't go to the national championship...so the only reason this will happen is because they were ranked so high preseason. Undeserving.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

The only reason Boise State's strength of schedule is so weak is that no one will play them. This is a classic monopolizing strategy that is illegal in the business world (antitrust laws). Rooting against Boise in favor of the Alabamas and Ohio States is like rooting for BP against the residents of coastal Louisiana.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    My wife and I will be at that game. GO Cardinals!!!
    You must not be much of a fan. You got your team's name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I doubt boise state is going to lose a game this year and if this happens all the analysts are saying they will most likely play in the national championship. Based on their strength of schedule they shouldn't go to the national championship...so the only reason this will happen is because they were ranked so high preseason. Undeserving.
    Wait until they play Oregon State this weekend and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The only reason Boise State's strength of schedule is so weak is that no one will play them. This is a classic monopolizing strategy that is illegal in the business world (antitrust laws). Rooting against Boise in favor of the Alabamas and Ohio States is like rooting for BP against the residents of coastal Louisiana.

Thats why Boise should have gone to the Pac 10 and then they could shut the fuck up because they would have to work really hard to end up undefeated compared to what they deal with now.

Bullshit. The reason their strength of schedule is so weak is because they play in a shit conference. VT game 'em a shot, Oregon State is giving them a shot. I'm going to root against them until they get rid of that fucking stupid blue field.

*edit: what supre said!
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Just wanted to add to what's been said above.

Didn't pre-season #10 Virginia Tech fly TO Boise to play them only to be beaten by 3 before going 0-2 at home to James Madison? Is College Gameday coming to us live from Corvallis or Boise next week? Teams won't play BSU? Their two biggest games of the season against ranked oppoenents will have been played IN Boise.

Their strength of schedule is weak because nobody will play them? No. It's due to their conference schedule being comprised of schools AQ teams pay to pound.

Any team can survive the hype in the WAC to go on to have a fluke game and a fluke Statue of Liberty play against Oklahoma. Their most recent foray into the BCS bowl would have mattered had it not been a pointless rematch of the Poinsettia Bowl exactly one year prior. It will always be a fluke unless you have an AQ conference schedule to back up the fact that they are a talented group of players rather the bully to a shitty conference. I hope the Beavers tear them to shreds.

Just wanted to add to what's been said above.

Didn't pre-season #10 Virginia Tech fly TO Boise to play them only to be beaten by 3 before going 0-2 at home to James Madison? Is College Gameday coming to us live from Corvallis or Boise next week? Teams won't play BSU? Their two biggest games of the season against ranked oppoenents will have been played IN Boise.

Nope the game was @ VT.

*edit: Oregon State has been painting their practice field blue all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.