Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smokeout Festival 2010

Default Re: Smokeout Festival 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BigBryan View Post
    I wish I was going to this, but decided not to after reading horror stories about the venue and how they did RTB there.
    Sorry Sir but the information you recieved was slightly false. The reason NOS events center had a problem was guerilla unions fault they sold too many tickets and had Wu tangs first appearance in years so people were freaking,if your smart you know NOS events center is one of the best venues too hold a massiva,Nocturnal and beyond wonderland are still held there as was EDC back in the day.Big place free parking not too much walking from stage to stage.I love NOS cant wait too see this here

Paul is dead

http://www.facebook.com/notes/smokeo...e/439644088701

SEPTEMBER 30, 2010

FR: GUERILLA UNION

CYPRESS HILL AND GUERILLA UNION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

AMERICANS FOR SAFE ACCESS ANNOUNCE

SAFE AND SECURE ONSITE CONSUMPTION AREA

FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS

Cypress Hill and the independent promotion company, Guerilla Union, in association with Americans for Safe Access, have announced plans to secure patients’ rights at the CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT festival on October 16, 2010, held at the National Orange Show in San Bernardino, CA. After consulting with local authorities and officials regarding appropriate protocol, festival producers have established a consumption area on the grounds for medical marijuana patients.

This historic milestone is unprecedented in Southern California and forges another step towards every responsible patient having the right to consume medicine in a safe environment. Cypress Hill vocalist and long-time advocate for the legalization of medical marijuana, B Real, is pleased with such a landmark, “I am really happy that the patients that are coming to hear us play will also be able to have a safe place to consume medical marijuana without fear or having to hide in the shadows.” Chang Weisberg of Guerilla Union agrees, “I am thrilled that our plan for the first-ever, patient-only medical marijuana consumption area in Southern California was approved today after years of hard work and positive marijuana policy. It has always been a dream for our partners from Cypress Hill to create a unique event unlike any other.”

Since the passing of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996, California patients have been allowed to possess and cultivate cannabis for personal medical use with a valid doctor’s recommendation. It has since paved the way for social and political change surrounding the decriminalization of medical marijuana use in California. Weisberg states, “This is a defining moment not only for the medical marijuana community, but also for the music industry. I hope that our work with Cypress Hill and Americans for Safe Access continues to contribute to the future success of the medical marijuana movement.” The onsite consumption area at the CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT aims to create a similar atmosphere of compassion and understanding. The patients-only consumption area will be located outdoors and will feature plenty of shade, grass and compassionate vendors. Weisberg also credits a new partnership for this achievement, “This endeavor is also the result of Guerilla Union’s strategic partnership with the Medicine and Music Project, a progressive company dedicated to business development in the medical marijuana and music industries.”

A complete and comprehensive list of appropriate procedures and regulations for festival attendees will be available on the official CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT website by October 6. Festival producers urge all attendees to carefully review all protocols and prerequisites prior to attending the festival.

In addition to being a platform for medical marijuana advocacy the CYPRES HILL SMOKEOUT is a world-class music festival featuring its biggest and most diverse line-up ever. The full line-up, to-date includes: INCUBUS, MANU CHAO, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, DEADMAU5 “unhooked”, MGMT, CYPRESS HILL, NAS & DAMIAN ‘JR GONG’ MARLEY, ATMOSPHERE, ERYKAH BADU, PAUL OAKENFOLD, BASEMENT JAXX dj set, MALDITA VECINDAD, LIVING COLOUR, CHUCKIE, COLLIE BUDDS, LIVING LEGENDS, DAN BLACK, IRATION, LOS RAKAS, DJ MUGGS, DJ REZA, LENNY V, PABLO HASSAN, AGAINST THE GIRL. Tickets are on-sale now at TicketFly.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    It's like KoRn and Aidz Needles make a crime to my ears!!

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post

Tickets are on sale at the GlassHouse with less fees. I'm really tempted by those set times. Wonder how easy it will be to walk from stage to stage since the schedule above would be mostly half sets.
    do you know how much they are at glasshouse ?

i believe they were $88 or $89.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -

Site map posted on the website.

For those who've been to NOS Events Center before, can you tell based on map if event will actually be held inside the NOS Events Center on thegrassy infield, or rather is it on the asphalt parking lot like the horror stories of Rock the Bells?

Quote Originally Posted by alexcuse View Post
    Site map posted on the website.

For those who've been to NOS Events Center before, can you tell based on map if event will actually be held inside the NOS Events Center on thegrassy infield, or rather is it on the asphalt parking lot like the horror stories of Rock the Bells?

Its inside NOs events center.

Paul is dead

Great thanks RageAgainst that's a relief.

Kind of cutting it super close for Deadmau5 now that Treasure Island set times are out:

Treasure Island Main Stage
    9:35 – LCD Soundsystem
    7:55 - Deadmau5

From this we can presume Deadmau5 ends his set around 9:05p and takes 5 minutes to get into car at 9:10p. Will he have a private helicopter/jet or will he take a commercial flight?

If commercial flight: It'll take about 30 minutes to go to either Oakland Airport or SFO Airport from Treasure Island, and you have to be at airport gates 15 minutes before departure. So assume he gets into airport by 9:45p and just makes it onto a 10pm flight.

Then it takes around 1 hour 15 minutes to fly to Ontario Airport. So airplane arrives at 11:15p, he somehow leaves airport by 11:25p, then 25 minutes to drive to NOS Events Center if no traffic. So best-case scenario for commercial flight, he arrives there at 11:50p, 10 minutes before his midnight start time?

Hopefully they have a private jet chartered for him otherwise Deadmau5's set could start as late as 12:30a or 1am.

Treasure island website says deadmau5 ends at 8:45 that adds 20 mins to your estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    Its inside NOs events center.
    looks like it's the asphalt to me. compare it to google maps or the NOS website map.

I found the corresponding map to Rock the Bells, looks very similar except rotated 180 degrees:

ROCK THE BELLS MAP (not Smokeout):

The main stage is actually on asphalt inside of the NOS center. It looks like the Consumption area is on the grass adjacent to the lake. This setup is not too different from other events that are held at the NOS.

alot of people on craigslist are selling tickets for cheap if anyones interested.

So I'm working box office at this now. If you go, come say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Can i haz free tickets?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

whats a good cheap hotel to get for this ? i was looking around on priceline and it seemed like most of the hotels in the area were getting bad reviews , if you could help me out with this i'd appreciate it !

Nope!

choice i doubt there are any good cheap hotels in that area. it's in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

there has to be at least 1 place someones stayed at that was at least clean ..

The Hilton is where im staying..... 909-889-0133. I think its the best place around the NOS Event Center...
    Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    It's like KoRn and Aidz Needles make a crime to my ears!!

thanks jag, called them up and unfortunately they are all booked. didn't know smokeout was this popular ha

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    alot of people on craigslist are selling tickets for cheap if anyones interested.
    just be careful, my buddy was sold fake tickets (and they looked very similar to the real thing). If buying multiples, be sure each ticket as its own unique barcode. If you already have a ticketfly ticket from a previous show, bring it to verify the ones being sold by comparing...

yeah thats what I did, or you could have the person your going to buy tickets from meet you at a ticket outlet to compare to theirs, usually if a persons is fake they will not be willing to meet you at places like that.

if the event isnt sold out there is no reason to risk buying a ticket from CL....
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Bump.)!

Heading out from AZ for this ..

Pretty excited, havnt done to much the past couple weekends.

Nas & damian should kill it.

yeah it should be a good time. nice variety of music

damn how did i not know about this til today

i like how they have a medicinal consumption area, that's gotta chill some people out about blazing in public. not that an event titled 'smokeout' is the place to hide it.

definitely agree daftmau5. speaking of
    , wonder if deadmau5 will be OK with all that smoke in the air
    I
    wish I could
    see mgmt, "Siberian breaks" is slawespme

good times yesterday. the patient smoking area was neat. nice variety of music.