Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 LastLast
Results 931 to 960 of 978

Thread: Sorta chubby girls

  1. #931
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,378

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    #team Arthur Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  2. #932
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,460

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Ok, being a Rosie didn't automatically make you smart. Not being one didn't make you dumb. Wanting to be an actress doesn't automatically make you dumb, nor does not wanting to be an engineer.
    Again, missing my overall point. See: beginning of conversation.

  3. #933
    VigoTheCarpathian
    Guest

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    So Marilyn Monroe wanted the spotlight, so her bright idea was to sexualize herself to get it. How is that noteworthy? That's one of the laziest ways to get the spotlight.
    I'm the tortoise slowwww and steaaady eyoooor

  4. #934
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Who the fuck is Rosie?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  5. #935
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Wow. That's a whole lot of platitude for one little blonde. Why would anybody bother recording this for posterity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    "Philosophical." She spews half a Hallmark card and we're supposed to revere it just because she was some sort of modern-day Helen of Troy? Sounds like she's far better appreciated from the safe distance of a few decades and the considerable remove of multilayers of social strata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    My issue with the quote isn't that it's a foolish sentiment. It's that if she weren't Marilyn Monroe, nobody would have thought those words were profound enough to merit repetition. If you're going to be a beautiful girl, be a beautiful girl. If you're going to be an interesting girl, be an interesting girl. But one doesn't immediately require the other, and attempts such as this one to imply that the two are inextricable only serve to make them seem even further apart. She very well may have been fascinating, which isn't really ours to know at this point, but that quote is a whole lot of trite wrapped up like a piece of poetry entirely for the sake of making her appear substantive and it does not achieve that goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    If only there'd been some sort of global war on that provided an unprecedented number of jobs for bright women. Then she could've been an engineer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Again, missing my overall point. See: beginning of conversation.
    So, because she was Marilyn Monroe her words are not worthy of any attention and because she wasn't an engineer she's not worthy of yours? Is that your overall point?

  6. #936
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    No, she's saying that her words are not worthy of attention, but because she's Marilyn Monroe she gets treated like a special needs kid who managed to wipe his own ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  7. #937
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    You can spin it how ever you want, but it seems to all go back to resenting her because she was beautiful.

  8. #938
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Man, are you ever not making a good case for women not being fucking idiots, Gunz.

    Michael Jordan was a very smart and articulate basketball player. That does not mean that Michael Jordan is particularly smart and articulate outside of the narrow realm of basketball players. Saying that does not mean that I resent basketball players, you dizzy bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  9. #939
    VigoTheCarpathian
    Guest

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    No, she's saying that her words are not worthy of attention, but because she's Marilyn Monroe she gets treated like a special needs kid who managed to wipe his own ass.
    No, I think her simple, call it ditsy charm resonated with the public on a very human level.

  10. #940
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    I don't give a flying fuck what resonates with the public. The public are goddamn morons. Look at you. Look at Gunz. The words of an idiotic book of fairytales resonates with a billion people so strongly that they actually believe God wrote the fucking fairytales. Shaddup.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  11. #941
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    "The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell

  12. #942
    VigoTheCarpathian
    Guest

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Failing to understand it on that level insinuates a hatred for her beauty

  13. #943
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Exactly--we are full of doubt that you are dumb fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  14. #944
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Exactly--we are full of doubt that you are dumb fucks.
    Huh? You doubt it? That must make you intelligent, right?

  15. #945
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,184

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    List of actresses with PHDs

    hehehehe
    Hey, hey, hey.

    Blossom has a Ph.D in Neuroscience. ONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  16. #946
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Look, if it was just Guedi and Hannah on the other side of the argument, I could see you making a case for it to just be a case of gross girls lashing out at pretty girls. But I'm at least as lovely as Marilyn if not more so and I agree too, therefore your argument is fucked.

    It's you and Vigo on the other side. Sure you don't wanna maybe acknowledge the possibility that you're having a "teacher" moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  17. #947
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,672

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You can spin it how ever you want, but it seems to all go back to resenting her because she was beautiful.
    Classic mush-brained simpleton response. "You're just jealous."

  18. #948
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    And you guys continue to further the stereotype.

  19. #949
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    As do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  20. #950
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    My stereotype is better. You're just a dick.

  21. #951
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,460

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    So, because she was Marilyn Monroe her words are not worthy of any attention and because she wasn't an engineer she's not worthy of yours? Is that your overall point?
    I said that particular quote was not worthy of any attention and that it was representative of an unfortunate trend in assessment of people who are beautiful and/or interesting. Then I made a conversational aside in a contextually relevant place. You're shaping an argument that nobody made and then trying to refute it.

  22. #952
    VigoTheCarpathian
    Guest

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Who is Hannah's favorite composer? Because I posit that her taste in music is bullshit hipster drek

  23. #953
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,946

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    VIgo's masochistic obsession with histrionic women is worrisome.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  24. #954
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,308

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    I can't speak to her taste in composers, but I'll tell you that her insistence on wearing socks with lace collars and then vociferously insisting upon the fact that these socks have more to offer than merely their decorative allure is downright agonizing.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  25. #955
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,308

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Hannah, you don't use a cast iron skillet to grill asparagus. Explain yourself. What makes you qualified to comment on Marilyn Monroe's mediocrity?

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  26. #956
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Great, now I'm sitting here grappling with the fact that I'm a vapid bitch because my sperm donor dropped his load and split on his responsibilities in parenting...

  27. #957
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    I'm guessing that if I had been chubby, I'd have turned to a career as a pill popping actress with big tits, but who's to say?

  28. #958
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    What makes you qualified to comment on Marilyn Monroe's mediocrity?
    If she's mediocre than you people suck ass.

  29. #959
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,308

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If she's mediocre than you people suck ass.
    comma, then.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  30. #960
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Sorta chubby girls

    That's so tedious. I'm on vacation.

Similar Threads

  1. Girls
    By HandBanana in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 07:50 AM
  2. The Girls on Girls only thread
    By JebusLives in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 11:23 AM
  3. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
  4. The End-of-Fest Mini-Riot (sorta)
    By HandBanana in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
  5. i guess this sorta has to do with Coachella
    By whynotsmile99 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •