Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cradlerobber's Official Horrible Threatening Arcade Fire Hate Parade.

Default Re: Cradlerobber's Official Horrible Threatening Arcade Fire Hate Parade.

this weekend i gave all of arcade fires albums including the suburbs a good honest non interrupted listen.

when i was done i sat there thinking jeez this band does absolutely nothing for me now, it did nothing for me 3 years ago, it just does nothing for me.

what makes a band like radiohead great is that each one of their songs has a simple melodic anchor that then they wrap all this ambient phrasing around, capture it all with effortless production that never sounds overproduced, and drips with honesty and emotion (even when its english wank). arcade fire never does this - they never anchor their songs in anything even resembling a hook. even tool - the pretentious math metal acid fiends understand that music that is intended to be listened to by a big audience must have hooks. arcade fire doesn't bring the hooks.

arcade fire's emotions don't sound emotional to me. they sound like archetypal hispter sounds to me. they aren't anchored in anything interesting and bold. they dance around their emotions, they don't ever seem to make a point. that seems to be the hallmark of (and why i can't stand) indie hipster bullshit music - its either understated when it should be embracing the emotion full on or completely fucking over the top about pathetic mindless bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i would like to see a graph that represents knowing what a vagina looks like compared to knowing what the roadies look like.

Shows:

MGMT 7/18
    Tool 7/19
    Rage against the machine 7/23
    Ratatat 9/21
    Muse 9/25
    Muse 9/26
    The Black Keys 9/27
    Broken Bells 10/6

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Cradlerobber's Official Horrible Threatening Arcade Fire Hate Parade.

comparing any band to Radiohead = fail
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

i make the comparison because these two bands seem to be compared to each other non stop in music geek land
    i would like to see a graph that represents knowing what a vagina looks like compared to knowing what the roadies look like.

Shows:

MGMT 7/18
    Tool 7/19
    Ratatat 9/21
    Muse 9/25
    Muse 9/26
    The Black Keys 9/27
    Broken Bells 10/6

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    i've been seeing this more and more around here (yes, even more than usualy) and it's really starting to bug me just how untouchable people find Radiohead.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

The first time I listened to Funeral it did nothing for me. In fact, up until about a year and half ago, I only liked a handful of Arcade Fire songs. Then one sunny day, I was on the bus and for some reason my head went "I want to give Funeral another spin." From the second "Neighbourhood #1" started, something clicked and I "got it." From that moment on I considered myself a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

yo that is basically the equivalent of farmers learning to love the smell of pigshit after being around it long enough.

you are putting pigshit in your ears dude!

pigshit > arcade fire

I actually don't mind the smell of a little bit of pigshit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The first time I listened to Funeral it did nothing for me. In fact, up until about a year and half ago, I only liked a handful of Arcade Fire songs. Then one sunny day, I was on the bus and for some reason my head went "I want to give Funeral another spin." From the second "Neighbourhood #1" started, something clicked and I "got it." From that moment on I considered myself a fan.
    This was my experience as well. A slow gradual build. In 2005-early 2007 I only liked about 4 songs on Funeral. When Neon Bible came out, Funeral finally hit me and in a way I that's very deep and personal. I can say this about other bands I end up loving for years and years like The National, Wilco, NIN etc. etc. Some of their works took a long time to digest but man when they hit, the payoff is gold and it's the stuff I can now listen to for eons on repeat. I never got into much of Neon bible and haven't had that moment with it yet but I liked The Suburbs from the first listen and I think that has a bit to do with the better production quality and actually being able to hear everything Win is saying clearly. For some reason that was a big obstacle for me on Funeral. Then when I finally read the lyrics while listening it would start to click more.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I actually don't mind the smell of a little bit of pigshit though.
    somebody should illustrate this.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Nah-uh, Tool, dude. Tool.

definitely. Tool and Radiohead are the most interesting rock acts around

Shows:

MGMT 7/18
    Tool 7/19
    Ratatat 9/21
    Muse 9/25
    Muse 9/26
    The Black Keys 9/27
    Broken Bells 10/6

this is such a good thread

BRINGING IT BACK in anticipation of WORST HEADLINER EVER POSSIBLY

we have to stick together, you and I
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cradlerobber View Post
    this is such a good thread
    Haaaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner