**CANCELLED** December 11 Saskatoon, SK **CANCELLED**
    December 13 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
    **ADDED** December 14 Calgary, AB Saddledome **ADDED**
    December 16 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
    December 17 Victoria, BC Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
    **ADDED** December 19 Seattle, Wa Tacoma Dome **ADDED**

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default Re: PRINCE "20TEN"

This will be smacked down before you know it so don't sleep...

"In case you all don't know this IS the original live recording of the ALBUM VERSION. This is not some random live recording. This exact recording is what you hear on Purple Rain sans the 2nd chorus and 3rd verse which he took out. There are also some string quartet overdubs and edits to the guitar solo. But the vocal track is the exact track on the album. Love it. One take. LIVE.
    "

"All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

The Revolution did a reunion show last night, I didn't go but heard good things
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

That video left me speechless. I want to see Prince again
    Kaaaaast

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    The Revolution did a reunion show last night, I didn't go but heard good things
    Did the purple one show up? Citypages.com made me think that the chances were decent. I suppose I should read the review..
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

I'll bump this in lieu of making a new thread in case this was already posted somewhere ...

Prince is playing 6 small short notice "sound check" shows in Mpls this week because his studio is booked by fun.

http://blog.thecurrent.org/2013/01/p...ota-jazz-club/

http://www.startribune.com/entertain...186950551.html
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 01-15-2013 at 07:43 AM.

I finally get to see this fuck on Saturday. Just announced a show at his Paisley Park estate for a 50$ donation

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenois...isley_park.php

Prince and 3rdEyeGirl are opening the gates of his Paisley Park estate to reintroduce Minnesota to the New Power Generation on Saturday. This show comes after nearly a year of building up his live acumen with his new all-female trio -- including three shows at the Dakota and a pair at Myth.

Unlike farewell parties or jams, 3rdEyeGirl tell Gimme Noise via phone that this is going to be a proper show. "We really just wanted to open up Paisley to the public and invite Minnesota and anybody else who can make it out," drummer Hannah Ford says. "This one is moreso like a spur-of-the-moment event to spend time with our community and throw a big concert for everybody and show off some of the stuff we're working on." Update: "Limited Entry... Get Here Early! And Bring Your Dancing Shoes!!!"

You will love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

He's been my #1 to see for a decade. I just am never able to make it though. The location is just shy of half an hour from my new place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    He's been my #1 to see for a decade. I just am never able to make it though. The location is just shy of half an hour from my new place.
    I'm jealous. Have a great time.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

So jealous. Let us know how it goes. Need to see the purple one again soon

Ugh!!!! Go sell something jeff do some thing !!!!!!

Trentemoller @ Mezzanine 04/06/14
    The Knife @ The Fox 04/15/14
    Factory Floor @ The Independent 04/16/14
    The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's 04/17/14
    Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Ugh!!!! Go sell something jeff do some thing !!!!!!
    Wut? I'm going. Come fly out.

I wouldnt be able to behavior properly at Prince's house most likely

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I wouldnt be able to behavior properly at Prince's house most likely
    And I'm pretty down to earth

fuck. you are going to have so much fun jeff. i am so fucking jealous.
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

I finally get to see this fuck on Saturday. Just announced a show at his Paisley Park estate for a 50$ donation

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenois...isley_park.php

Prince and 3rdEyeGirl are opening the gates of his Paisley Park estate to reintroduce Minnesota to the New Power Generation on Saturday. This show comes after nearly a year of building up his live acumen with his new all-female trio -- including three shows at the Dakota and a pair at Myth.

Unlike farewell parties or jams, 3rdEyeGirl tell Gimme Noise via phone that this is going to be a proper show. "We really just wanted to open up Paisley to the public and invite Minnesota and anybody else who can make it out," drummer Hannah Ford says. "This one is moreso like a spur-of-the-moment event to spend time with our community and throw a big concert for everybody and show off some of the stuff we're working on." Update: "Limited Entry... Get Here Early! And Bring Your Dancing Shoes!!!"
    Damn. This is actually at Prince's house?

I still need to see Prince :/

Paging Creep for a full report on the show. Would like details.

Waking up now, was there until 4am. His horn section is really amazing. The whole thing was unreal.

I went there 5 hours early and sat in the cold rain and still barely got in.

I'll do a follow up post when I get my head spun back in right

I watched the livestream bit but it only showed maybe 4 songs and then just kept restarting. it was pretty fantastic still, just being 4 songs. fuck jeff, super jealous.
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

There was a live stream? The stage was so small and crowded, but in a good way.

Waking up now, was there until 4am. His horn section is really amazing. The whole thing was unreal.

Perhaps we can tinychat tonight and get the scoop.

Review from last night's show

http://blog.thecurrent.org/2013/10/p...-next-weekend/

Prince proved once again Saturday night that the best purple parties are the last-minute purple parties. He united his power trio 3rdEyeGirl and his sprawling NPG for a punchy, potent set that kept Paisley Park packed until 2:00 in the morning.

Word of the show got out just days beforehand, and fans started lining up outside Paisley’s gates early in the afternoon on Saturday. A line grew and snaked down the street across from Prince’s home and studio despite the cold temperatures and relentless rain, and by the time doors were scheduled to open at 9 p.m. there were a couple thousand fans, a news van, and police swarming the streets in quiet, tightly controlled anticipation.

Paisley Park’s soundstage is relatively large (12,500 square feet, with the space to hold over 1,000 fans) but feels intimate, and even before he took the stage Prince could be spotted in the wings, directing traffic and talking to his band. The show started promptly at 10:02 p.m., when many fans were still filing into the building, and kicked off with over an hour of music performed by NPG’s three back-up singers, Shelby J, Liv Warfield, and Elisa Dease.

Each vocalist took turns performing a short set of their own songs backed by the NPG, and as the band settled in and found their groove the energy started to build in step with fans’ giddiness. By the time Liv Warfield finished her fiery turn at the mic it seemed like Prince was about to come out, and the singers traded verses on a dramatic cover of “At Last” and stepped back into the shadows as the band tore into “Days of Wild.” But the song carried on without vocals and Prince was nowhere to be seen, so the group took a few quick solos and then filed off stage, handing things over to the DJ around 11:30 p.m.

With no phones allowed, nothing but water available to drink, and the room too crowded to do much dancing or mingling, the next 30 minutes were a jittery affair, with fans singing along to cuts like OutKast’s “Ms. Jackson,” Snoop Dogg’s “Drop it Like It’s Hot,” and Prince’s own “I Wanna Be Your Lover.” For a moment, it felt like we were all at a middle school dance, awkwardly shifting our feet and trying to figure out what to do next. But right at midnight the band re-appeared and launched into “At Last” again, signaling the start of the evening’s next chapter.

The three singers moved to the center of the stage again, but before they could begin the song a confident pre-teen girl in a black-and-white striped suit coat shoved them aside and proceeded to deliver an electrifying, hurried version of the song. As the NPG singers moved out of the spotlight they revealed that Prince had also taken the stage, and he stood next to the young singer (who he introduced as Brianna Curiel) and watched in awe as she kicked off his set.

From then on out it was a straight-up Prince show, with the 11-piece NPG and all three members of 3rdEyeGirl uniting to blast off funky, horn-laden riffs behind Prince as he sang. The set started out with a pair of hits, “1999″ and “Diamonds and Pearls,” before winding into the longer, more complex medleys and jams that made up much of his residency at the Dakota last winter.

The band sounded incredibly tight, even more so than they did at those Dakota shows, and had clearly rehearsed not just the songs but intricate transitions between each number. This was especially clear on a medley that strung together Prince protege Andy Allo’s “People Pleaser” with new song “Ain’t Gonna Miss U When U’re Gone” and “F.U.N.K.,” with each song bleeding into the next and building an incredible momentum.

“Ain’t you tired of trying to please people all the time?” Prince asked at the top of the medley, following up his question with a little impromptu bit about a man and a woman arguing about who was going to do the grocery shopping and cook dinner. As with the shows at the Dakota, Prince proved to be an engaging and entertaining banterer throughout the night, cracking jokes and telling stories in funny little voices and generally doing everything he could to rile up the crowd.

When he was about 45 minutes into the set he stopped and teased the audience, saying that he might be done for the night but that we could stay and dance to the DJ. But the crowd loudly protested and he turned to shoot us all a sly grin, then tore open a wrenching version of “Purple Rain” that showcased just how strong and soulful his voice still is after all this time.

After several years of shying away from the spotlight and playing shows everywhere else but here, it truly seems that 2013 is the year Prince is trying to reconnect with his hometown crowd. It was evidenced in the hit-heavy set list he chose for Saturday night’s party, in his demeanor throughout the night, and in the way he dropped the word “Minneapolis” into nearly every song, at one point stopping during “Purple Rain” to say “This is your song, Minneapolis! Own it, Minneapolis!”

Prince had a keyboard set up at the edge of the stage and seemed like he was going to sit down and play it at one point, but the only time he picked up an instrument was for a fiery solo at the end of “Musicology” and leading into a punchy medley of “Love Rollercoaster” and “Play That Funky Music.” Honestly, his vocals were so strong throughout the night and 3rdEyeGirl’s Donna Grantis proved so capable on the guitar that it didn’t really seem like much was missing, but the crowd certainly ate up that brief moment when he strapped on his own axe.

The band came back for an encore at about 1 a.m., and Prince re-emerged in a new outfit (he traded a slinky, silky, and bejeweled vest and turtleneck for a Sgt. Pepper’s-evoking maroon tunic) and paid tribute to Larry Graham with a joyous cover of “It’s Alright.”

“You know I like to play practical jokes; look at my outfit” he joked after that song, returning to his little character sketch of a woman and man arguing about dinner and talking about a woman who left him. “Take me back,” he pleaded, then turned to the audience and said, “Minneapolis, take me back! Please, Minneapolis!”

And with that he brought Shelby J back to the front of the stage for a powerful duet on “Nothing Compares 2 U,” another of the night’s show-stopping moments. He followed it up with the Time’s “Cool” and a sprawling, scintillating cover of Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough,” which he dedicated sarcastically to entertainment giant AEG.

Of all the things Prince said throughout the night, though, one question stood out above all the others. Before playing “Purple Rain” he stopped, looked out at the crowd, and calmly asked, “So, should we do this again next weekend?” And I think you can guess what the audience had to say about that one; everyone in attendance did our best to tell him a resounding “YES.”

Prince at Paisley Park 10/5/13 set list:

Diamonds and Pearls
    Old Friends For Sale
    People Pleaser / Ain’t Gonna Miss U When U’re Gone / F.U.N.K
    Dark
    Something In The Water (Does Not Compute)
    Musicology
    Love Rollercoaster / Play That Funky Music
    Extraloveable
    Purple Rain
    Breakfast Can Wait
    Mutiny

Encore:
    Act of God / What Have You Done for Me Lately? (NPG singers)
    It’s Alright
    Nothing Compares 2 U
    Cool
    Don’t Stop til You Get Enough / Partyman

That sounds a lot like the plot of "Charlie and the Chocloate Factory" except Prince is Willy Wonka and he makes funk instead of candy

Youre my hero

Last.fm

The live stream SUCKED.

I'm so happy to know that I know somebody who was there. You know?!

What was wrong with it? Glitchy?

God damnit, I work
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/1...-this-weekend/

Earlier this month, Prince opened the gates of his home/studio Paisley Park for an intimate late-night concert. This weekend, he’ll do it all over again, but this time the music will go even later and you’re advised to bring pajamas.

Perhaps the best title for a concert ever, “The Breakfast Experience Pajama Dance Party” will take place Saturday, October 19th beginning at 2:00am. Prince will perform alongside his new 3rdEyeGirl, and apparently they’ll “party till the sun comes up!” Once again, the concert is open to the public for a donation of $50.00, though attendees are advised to “dress 2 impress.”