Page 1 of 30 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PRINCE "20TEN"

Default PRINCE "20TEN"

just got the new Prince album.. im going on my 2nd listen and this is some great shit!!! anyone else got reviews yet?

i usually dont put much weight into new releases from Prince.. he's a genius but can be all over the map with his recent releases....

this album is very solid.. best he has done in a while.. its 45 min and the tracklisting is perfect!!! the man comes through once again!!!
    Last edited by Rosemont17; 07-09-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Default Re: PRINCE "20TEN"

i'm only getting it if he offers it for download on the "outdated" interwebz.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

They are giving it away free with a newspaper here tomorrow, so I'll pick up a copy then.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    They are giving it away free with a newspaper here tomorrow, so I'll pick up a copy then.
    awesome! thank you for telling me this, which paper is it? ill be back in london for the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    awesome! thank you for telling me this, which paper is it? ill be back in london for the weekend
    pick up 100 copies...
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

The murder capital where we murder for capital

New Prince Album 20Ten Will Be Given Away Free In UK Newspaper Daily Mirror

BY INVIGILATOR London : United Kingdom | Jun 29, 2010 20 VIEWS: 442

UK Newspapers the Daily Mirror and the Daily Record, are to give away the new Prince album, 20TEN.The album will be given away to 2.5 million people across the UK on Saturday 10th July. This will be the second time that Prince has launched an album with a newspaper album giveaway. He did a similar give away with the daily mail almost exactly 3 years ago.Kiran Sharma, Prince's representative, said:"Prince is demonstrating that in 2010 it is still possible for artists to work in an independent and innovative capacity, highlighted here in a world first of delivering the new album across multiple territories, through complementary distribution channels. The new album, 20TEN, is a celebratory, quintessential Prince masterpiece and marks the start of the international tour."The deal will also see Prince give his first british newspaper interview in 10 years.Last year saw Prince spend a month in residency at London's O2 Arena where he cemented himself into thehearts of the British music going public with a series of aclaimed shows.The giveaway will probably mean that the album though shifting maybe 2 million in a day won't enter the album chart wich is compiled on album sales, downloads and airplay.It is thought that similar give aways will happen in the US with Rolling Stone magazine and in other parts of the world too.

It's the Daily Mirror - and it's tomorrow (Sat).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

So the internet is dead, but newspapers are apparently hip?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    So the internet is dead, but newspapers are apparently hip?
    At this rate, Prince will be telling you to speak up and complaining about the price of onions these days by next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    At this rate, Prince will be telling you to speak up and complaining about the price of onions these days by next year.
    thats the same smartass shit attitude that Prince has dealt with and handled since the "dirty mind" days....

the album is badass..... he is badass.... he somehow figures it out so deal with it and just enjoy the fucking jams!!

Coachella Junkie

Yes, let's not criticize an asinine decision by a man with a history of asinine decisions, we might make him insecure.

http://www.fark.com/cgi/go.pl?i=5475...veaway_1152146

The pop star has banned internet sites including iTunes and YouTube from using his music and he hopes distributing more than 2.5 million copies for free will help fight online piracy.

He says, "It's the best way to go. No charts, no internet piracy and no stress. Period. It seems like a lot ofther artists agree with us as they are using the same approach now."
    Give me a fucking break. I honestly don't care what he does, but the reasoning he gives is retarded. At least the other similar recent examples of fighting piracy with free music used a distribution method people want to use, and a "pay what you want" idea that allowed fans to support. Not to mention limited edition packages and instant downloads for pre-orders.
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

Coachella Junkie

Prince, I love you, but you're absolutely retarded if you think it's services like iTunes and YouTube that influence online piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    "We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

i picked up a few copies
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Jehovah plays a mean guitar

say what you want about the guy but man he blows everyone away in concert

Quote Originally Posted by fnmore View Post
    Jehovah plays a mean guitar

say what you want about the guy but man he blows everyone away in concert
    oh and here is the clip

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    "We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... "
    hahah i just watched that episode today
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

gave a listen............Prince reminds me of Stevie Wonder a bit

fun to see live but as far as buying his records..............something is missing
    (the new 2010 cd is even more proof)

would be great if they were both like Dylan who seems to get better with age

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Prince, I love you, but you're absolutely retarded if you think it's services like iTunes and YouTube that influence online piracy.
    I don't think he's saying that. He was alleging that iTunes wasn't paying him and that they wanted a substantial cut of each album sale. Probably similar to why Tool and others still don't use it.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

iTunes maybe not, but I know tons of people who watch a video on Youtube, like the song, and then use a program to rip the song from youtube. These are law school kids, too, who are worried about being sued for downloading illegally. People don't even think that's piracy because it's up for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

this is kinda funny and very true

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    I don't think he's saying that. He was alleging that iTunes wasn't paying him and that they wanted a substantial cut of each album sale. Probably similar to why Tool and others still don't use it.
    That's more understandable I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    iTunes maybe not, but I know tons of people who watch a video on Youtube, like the song, and then use a program to rip the song from youtube. These are law school kids, too, who are worried about being sued for downloading illegally. People don't even think that's piracy because it's up for free.
    Yeah but I'd assume that the people who have gone far enough to get ahold of a program to download individual songs from YT are the same people who have what.cd accounts and whatnot and use them to full advantage. I don't see how YT can contribute significantly to online piracy when compared to other things on the net.

That's more understandable I suppose.

Yeah but I'd assume that the people who have gone far enough to get ahold of a program to download individual songs from YT are the same people who have what.cd accounts and whatnot and use them to full advantage. I don't see how YT can contribute significantly to online piracy when compared to other things on the net.
    You don't need jack to get an Mp3 rip of the music you find on youtube. There is at least a few easy to find web pages that will convert them, Its as easy as uploading to tinypic.
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

haven't heard and hope Purple Reign (tribute band) doesn't play any of it at the upcoming show
    *there are plans, but they have no dates*

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic core View Post
    You don't need jack to get an Mp3 rip of the music you find on youtube. There is at least a few easy to find web pages that will convert them, Its as easy as uploading to tinypic.
    It's also just as easy as getting an invite to what.cd, which I'd wager contributes a hell of a lot more to piracy than downloading songs off of YT does.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey sex View Post
    haven't heard and hope Purple Reign (tribute band) doesn't play any of it at the upcoming show
    I have a good feeling the band has not even heard anything he has released in the last ten years. I also have the feeling that this tribute band will be more about the sexy, funky Prince that we all used to know and less about the 52 year old weirdo that sucks Jehovah's cock.

That's wild about Prince playing a 300-person capacity club (New Morning) in Paris last week from 2:30 am-6:15 am. I would've given anything to be there.

Review:
    http://www.furthermucker.com/blog/19...at-new-morning

Setlist: (included 6 encores)

1.“Stratus”
    2.“Brown Skin”
    3.“I Never Loved a Man (the Way I Love You)”
    4.“Baby Love”
    5.“Beautiful Strange”
    6.“Sometimes It Snows in April”
    7.“Hair”
    8.“2045: Radical Man”
    9.“When Will We B Paid?”
    10.“Que Sera, Sera”
    11.“Controversy” w/“Housequake”
    12.“Eye Love U but Eye Don’t Trust U Anymore”
    13.“Dreamer”
    14.“The Ride”
    15.“Blue Motel Room”
    16.“Miss You”
    17.“Kiss”
    18.“Cream”
    19.“How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore?” w/“Please, Please, Please”
    20.“Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)”
    21.“Everyday People”
    22.“I Want to Take You Higher”
    23.“Purple Music”
    24.“All the Critics Love U in New Morning”
    25.“Dance (Disco Heat)”
    26.“An Honest Man”
    27.“Diamonds and Pearls”
    28.“Raspberry Beret”
    29.“Starfish and Coffee”
    30.“Venus de Milo”
    31.“Still Waiting”
    32.“Future Soul Song”
    33.“Purple Rain”

HOLY SHIT

and no sarah mclachlan either