Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: after going to EDC i realized

Banned

Default after going to EDC i realized

how much i miss coachella. =[
    only 10 more months

Default Re: after going to EDC i realized

exactly what I was thinking, I even drew a calendar at work for every month until coachella to see if I could think of one festival/rave each month before coachella.. looks like after october I'm going to be crying

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

i thought u were gone

after seeing this thread, I feel like I owe my internet life to guedita for telling me to stop making threads. I was an idiot and didn't get it before

12.01 Dan Deacon @ The Echoplex
    12.03 Benoit & Sergio @ TBA
    12.09 Avery Tare @ The Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
    12.17 Baths/DNTEL @ The El Rey
    04.13-15 COACHELLA @ The Polo Fields

SAHARA FTW!!!! I can only hope they bring Boys Noize, Felix Cartal, Goose, Soulwax, Proxy, The Prodigy....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Everytime I go to EDC, I realize how much better Coachella is. Coachella is just so far above anything else. I say that not trying to diss the other dance events of the year, because I think those are great, but they do not match the intensity and enthusiasm of the Sahara Tent.

yes, but EDC fulfills the crazy notion of ever staying in the Sahara for an entire day...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

lowfront

Nothing like the sahara tent party

savage beast

Banned

Wink Re: after going to EDC i realized

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    i thought u were gone
    i left momentarily so your mother would not miss me too much. you know how she worries.

Quote Originally Posted by alisonnn View Post
    after seeing this thread, I feel like I owe my internet life to guedita for telling me to stop making threads. I was an idiot and didn't get it before
    ya same here thanks Guedita =]

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Everytime I go to EDC, I realize how much better Coachella is. Coachella is just so far above anything else. I say that not trying to diss the other dance events of the year, because I think those are great, but they do not match the intensity and enthusiasm of the Sahara Tent.
    for real during the day time i was sober so i wasnt in the mood to dance. but at coachella you get to be seeing other bands from different genres and just totally different great crowds and energy. and the sahara tent does get popping but the kinetic field at edc was also popping as well but coachella goes harder longer stronger

As soon as EDC ended I realized I have nothing to look forward too for the next 10 or so months. All the music events I look forward too are done for the year
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

after going to EDC i realized it's good to have everyone on the same altitude and not in stands where they can jump twenty feet through the air onto other people's faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    To be fair, the chromosomal differential between candy raver kids and drunken NASCAR cowboy-types are virtually indectable.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    mmblack = Paul Tollett

EDC is a lot of fun but after going to both EDC and Coachella for my first time, i think i enjoyed the Sahara tent more then EDC....that said i agree that there is no way i would stay in the sahara tent the whole time if there was other good musical options to break it up haha

deadmau5's show at edc doesnt even come close to his performance at coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by alisonnn View Post
    you're still an idiot, you fucking donkey.

After EDC I realized I party with some fucking funky people, Sasha is still amazing, and Mark will always have rave in his heart for dancing with the bunny suit on.

What I don't realize is why we are comparing EDC and Coachella? Besides the fact some of us have both of these events in common.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    What I don't realize is why we are comparing EDC and Coachella? Besides the fact some of us have both of these events in common.
    I was about to post the same question, but probably with a profanity-laced tirade. Thanks for beating me to the punch. You said it a lot more nicely than I would have.

is that wrestling?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mmblack View Post
    after going to EDC i realized it's good to have everyone on the same altitude and not in stands where they can jump twenty feet through the air onto other people's faces.
    lol i remember seeing that. i was the in the last ten people let in before they closed kinetic field . but in all honesty.

KASKADE FOR THE WIN
    at EDC

Banned

Last edited by Josesativa; 06-30-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Definitely Coachella is better in my opinion, the vibe is so much friendlier. EDC was to many douchebags for my taste. Friday at EDC was one of the better nights of my life but that was probably cause I was front and center for the last 4 sets and the all the people in our area had become acquainted in between set-breaks and had each others backs.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

+ 3 days n campin! but apples to oranges really.

Quote Originally Posted by thewoodenman View Post
    + 3 days n campin! but apples to oranges really.
    more like apples to shit.

i bet the edc out there was better than the one here. all rainy and shit here and way too many fucked up little kids. i'm glad insomniac decided to go to 18+, it's gonna take some pretty good names for me to go to another one of those though. i went to wakarusa too and that was nowhere near as good as coachella either. i miss it.
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    deadmau5's show at edc doesnt even come close to his performance at coachella.
    From my understanding it was virtually the same set just a tad bit shorter at EDC.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    After EDC I realized I party with some fucking funky people, Sasha is still amazing, and Mark will always have rave in his heart for dancing with the bunny suit on.

Maybe because this is a Coachella board and the thread is about EDC?

These events you choose to go to aren't raves feather. Raves stopped happening in Cali before you ever went to one.

Jesus, not another "They were only raves when *I* was going to them, none of you will ever know my rave awesomeness"...

When people start tossing around phrases that someone "will always have rave in his heart" it's fucking vomit-inducing.

it's not about "Oh I went to raves over ten years ago so i am cooler than you." It's about people floating phrases like that, that have no clue what they are talking about. You get on my case yet people who constantly talk about PLUR, and "rave" like it boosts their fucking status as a partier are ok...

For the record - the notion of PLUR did NOT originate in the rave scene. The idea of Peace, Love, Unity, Respect is something that has been around long before raves and it was popularized in the 70's and 80's by Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation.

That's why when I hear any "raver" under the age of 30 talk about "PLUR" and "rave" it instantly makes me roll my fucking eyes.

Today's events are NOT raves. You don't throw a "rave" at a football stadium and draw over 100,000 people. It's no more of a rave than when Paul Oakenfold spins a three-hour set at House of Blues.

The last real rave I went to was in Phoenix in 1999. The last one I went to in Cali was in 96 or 97. After that they were nothing more than giant electronic mainstream concerts or a bunch of drug addicts throwing desert parties to make money.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 07-27-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The last real rave I went to was in Phoenix in 1999. The last one I went to in Cali was in 96 or 97. After that they were nothing more than giant electronic mainstream concerts or a bunch of drug addicts throwing desert parties to make money.
    how were the events back in the day any different? weren't they always just an excuse for people to get together in bacchian revelry, dance to music, and ingest certain chemicals if one chooses?

People have been parroting the same thing you just said for longer than you have probably been raving. I remember the cool kids disdainfully writing off the rave scene as "dead" in 1992.
    And all the parties in 1996 had all the same plurtards and problems that today's massives do.

The moral is, no one gives a shit. Let them call it a rave, it has absolutely no effect on you, the "scene", "real raves", the size of Fatburger hamburgers, or anything at all whatsoever.

Well for one, I was one of the youngest people going to them back then. It didn't cost any money to put together and the DJ's played for nothing.

Everything was donated and it was held in a remote location. There were no fliers or public advertising for the event. You met someone at a certain spot, got a map to another spot where someone directed you where to go.

There also werent a bunch of 15 year olds dominating the event. Most of the folks were already legal adults. I only went to a handful of raves in my life and they were nothing like EDC, HARD or Ultra.

I am not saying I didn't enjoy the parties after those events. My all-time favorite events are massives, but I never called them raves. Anyone who went to a legit underground rave (which were considered to be the only real raves) back then knows exactly what I am talking about.

To an extent, they still exist on a smaller scale, but I highly doubt the majority of people here under 30 have been to many authentic raves. i'm 28 and I think I've only been to four or five and none within the past decade.

I am not trying to trash fans of electronic music or people who go to parties at all. But when people start saying they live to "rave" and are all about "PLUR" it gets on my nerves. Especially when it's what they constantly talk/post about over and over.

When someone calls EDC a rave, it strikes the same nerve as when someone classifies all electronic music as "techno" because that's not what it is.

Go talk to an old school punk rocker that used to go to shows at CBGB's in the 70's and tell them Warped Tour with Blink 182 and The Offspring is a "punk show" and see what they say to you.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 07-27-2010 at 01:21 PM.