Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

You guys are straying from the main topic. We need a plan here.

I'm too lazy to come up with a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Using your reasoning, no one would ever volunteer for anything either. Why would you volunteer if you could just sit home on your ass and do nothing? Wake up dumb fuck you are using 30 year old arguments. At least use a little original thought if you are going to sound like someone who knows what they are saying.

Do you think most people do regular volunteer work?

No, most don't.

And those that do tend to choose causes that they care about, thus making it rewarding for them. They're still not working just for the sake of working.

But answer this one:

Take most lottery winners. They are typically lower or middle class. How often do they stay at their job? Very infrequently. And when they do, it's typically because they are afraid of being bored or because their friends are there. Almost never do you hear someone saying, "I'm staying at McDonald's because I want to contribute to society."

This thread confirms what I have long thought about leftists: Most are idealistic nutjobs with no realistic grasp on human nature. To insist that most people would go to work even if they could get paid almost the same for not working demonstrates a complete cluelessness regarding the reason most people are working in the first place.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    This thread confirms what I have long thought about conservatives: Most are idealistic nutjobs with no realistic grasp on human nature.
    . . .

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Is that why our conservative governor recently tried to kill this abuse while keeping the remainder of the programs, while democrats shot down his proposal?
    Define "kill the abuse."
    Last edited by PotVsKtl; 06-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Coachella Junkie

And please, are you trying to call Arnold a conservative?

No, most don't.

And those that do tend to choose causes that they care about, thus making it rewarding for them. They're still not working just for the sake of working.

But answer this one:

Take most lottery winners. They are typically lower or middle class. How often do they stay at their job? Very infrequently. And when they do, it's typically because they are afraid of being bored or because their friends are there. Almost never do you hear someone saying, "I'm staying at McDonald's because I want to contribute to society."

This thread confirms what I have long thought about leftists: Most are idealistic nutjobs with no realistic grasp on human nature. To insist that most people would go to work even if they could get paid almost the same for not working demonstrates a complete cluelessness regarding the reason most people are working in the first place.
    If I won 10 million dollars I would quit work. If I was given a choice of a couple of hundred dollars a week for not working or a good salary and had to work; I would rather work. Take your black and white views and shove them dude ......
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

If I won 10 million dollars I would quit work. If I was given a choice of a couple of hundred dollars a week for not working or a good salary and had to work; I would rather work. Take your black and white views and shove them dude ......

Good job changing around the details of what we're debating.

We're not talking about someone making $2000/week taking $265/week in unemployment. Obviously that person would rather be working.

I'm talking about someone making $10/hr ($400 week pre-tax) being willing to forego working if they get $265/week for sitting on their ass.

And you know what? Most people in that spot would be happy to do exactly that.

Good job changing around the details of what we're debating.

We're not talking about someone making $2000/week taking $265/week in unemployment. Obviously that person would rather be working.

I'm talking about someone making $10/hr ($400 week pre-tax) being willing to forego working if they get $265/week for sitting on their ass.

And you know what? Most people in that spot would be happy to do exactly that.
    Can you back up any of your bullshit with a single fact or is this just from your friends that must be like how you think most people are? Ops I forgot or are you perfect. Fuck I never considered that, sorry.

I find many conservatives are mislabeled, especially the neo-conservatives. The term radical would be better applied to the extreme right as well as the left. There is nothing consevative about the neo-con agenda.

No, most don't.

But answer this one:

If a job is more than just a paycheck (i.e. self fulfillment, opportunities for advancement and expansion, networking, etc.) then most people would rather work than just collect unemployment. If a job is nothing more than just a paycheck, it's probably degrading and I can't really say I'd blame a person for taking "free" money. I'm at Whole Foods now and I'd rather work there than live off unemployment. If I was at McDonald's, that wouldn't be the case.

Can you back up any of your bullshit with a single fact or is this just from your friends that must be like how you think most people are? Ops I forgot or are you perfect. Fuck I never considered that, sorry.
    I just did back it up with a fact.

I gave the lottery example, where people who don't have to work almost always choose not to.

It's in human nature to take something for free if it's available instead of working for it. A few humans are above doing that, but most are happy to have the free ride. It makes sense. To insist that someone would rather work a crappy, low-wage job rather than take home near-equivalent money for doing nothing is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If a job is more than just a paycheck (i.e. self fulfillment, opportunities for advancement and expansion, networking, etc.) then most people would rather work than just collect unemployment. If a job is nothing more than just a paycheck, it's probably degrading and I can't really say I'd blame a person for taking "free" money. I'm at Whole Foods now and I'd rather work there than live off unemployment. If I was at McDonald's, that wouldn't be the case.
    Congrats on enjoying your job enough to want to continue working there, even if you could draw near-equivalent money on unemployment.

The fact is that most people hate their jobs (or at least dislike them) and would happy to have those 40+ hours per week for something else.

Also, the least fulfilling jobs are also the lowest paying ones. So the person drawing $10/hr is typically unlikely to want to keep that crappy job if unemployment is available instead.

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    I find many conservatives are mislabeled, especially the neo-conservatives. The term radical would be better applied to the extreme right as well as the left. There is nothing consevative about the neo-con agenda.
    Actually that isn't true at all:

The right wing people are called re·ac·tion·ar·ies
    ADJECTIVE

1. opponent of progress: somebody who is reactionary

2.Synonyms: backward-looking, conservative, illiberal, unreceptive, unreasonable, intolerant, bigoted, intransigent, diehard, medieval, prehistoric, outdated
    NOUN
    Synonyms: intransigent, conservative, diehard, dinosaur, extremist, bigot

Radical: Antonyms: minor, conservative
    NOUN
    Antonyms: conservative

And this is for AB:

It is important to note that these statistics are for the U.S. economy as a whole, hiding variations among groups. For December 2004 in the U.S., the unemployment rates for the major worker groups were as follows:

adult men: 4.9 percent;
    adult women: 4.7 percent;
    whites: 4.6 percent;
    Asians: 4.1 percent.
    Hispanics or Latinos: 6.6 percent;
    blacks: 10.8 percent;
    teenagers: 17.6 percent;

I left out the most important point: Fucking lazy ass blacks especially if they are teenagers. Loosers ....
    Last edited by canexplain; 06-25-2010 at 12:09 PM.

It is important to note that these statistics are for the U.S. economy as a whole, hiding variations among groups. For December 2004 in the U.S., the unemployment rates for the major worker groups were as follows:

adult men: 4.9 percent;
    adult women: 4.7 percent;
    whites: 4.6 percent;
    Asians: 4.1 percent.
    Hispanics or Latinos: 6.6 percent;
    blacks: 10.8 percent;
    teenagers: 17.6 percent;
    Why do these statistics matter?

This discussion has nothing to do with race.

Why do these statistics matter?

This discussion has nothing to do with race.
    Figures lie and liars figure. That is how a lot of stereotyping comes about. I just wanted to help you the next time you put your foot in your mouth.

white males on unemployment have lots of free time to organize Tea Party events to rally against wasteful government spending
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

chuckle

Just so my point is better understood...

From Merriam-Webster:

Radical-

3. a : marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : extreme b : tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c : of, relating to, or constituting a political group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d : advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs <the radical right>

The radical right was their example, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Just so my point is better understood...

From Merriam-Webster:

Radical-

3. a : marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : extreme b : tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c : of, relating to, or constituting a political group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d : advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs <the radical right>

The radical right was their example, not mine.
    After I reread what you posted it made sense anyway but tnx for the update.
    BTW I thought since we are talking would you work for 10 bucks an hour. If you make what is the average household income in the US (52k or so) you are in the upper ONE HALF OF ONE PERCENT of the entire world for income.
    I think it said 99.52% is where you would place.

Archie, nobody in their right mind would stay at McDonalds. Guess what? Working at McDonalds is not really giving back to society. There's very few people who would gain some sort of personal accomplishment out of pressing a button so that a fat dude can have a super sized fry. That's a stupid example and you know it.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie

He doesn't know it. Archie is pretty clearly the type of sociopath who thinks there's a horde of grubby poors huddled outside his window waiting to steal his childrens and burn them for warmth.

Bmack:

Wow, that's a pretty biggoted and close minded statement for a liberal...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Coachella Junkie

Look at how mad the fattie is getting.

i thought this thread would by lulzy.

it is not.

Intermittent lulz can be found in the "Ask A Girl" thread.

This thread had potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Oh yeay, more guns.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Archie, nobody in their right mind would stay at McDonalds. Guess what? Working at McDonalds is not really giving back to society. There's very few people who would gain some sort of personal accomplishment out of pressing a button so that a fat dude can have a super sized fry. That's a stupid example and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.