Page 164 of 179 FirstFirst ... 159160161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 5344

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Are you under the impression that every immigrant from Syria feels the same way about how the United States should proceed in any possible intervention?
    Why would I be?
    09,10,12w1,13w1

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    bitch please my message is too short stupid forum site I wrote furkin paragraphs
    Whenever someone tries to make a real argument by using the word retarded, I know they don't think well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I hope those of you who love to accuse me of ruining threads come back and read these last few pages once in a while.
    I am simply torn over deciding which of these I'd like as my new signature...

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    Why would I be?
    Why would Mark assume that every Syrian immigrant came over at the same time? Ask a stupid question, get a stupid response.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

So... Syria. Anyone other than agro 16 year olds and addled old men support this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

I'm just an old drunk I have to say. You kids see if you can do it better than we did. Sad .Just don't kill the kids. I for realz grrr cry for them everyday.... cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 09-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

^ Sorry dude, didn't mean to make anyone cry. I just feel that the "pretending inferiority to encourage assads arrogance" approach is not the right way to deal with this. But Ill succumb to peer pressure and agree with bmack. He does post some of the best music in the metal and 2013 releases threads. back to football.......
    09,10,12w1,13w1

Anyone wanna take bets that O'Bummer will have the U.S. in Syria, regardless of what Congress says or regardless of the fact that 95% of the American people--literally--have said that they don't want us getting involved in Syria's Civil War? You voted for the guy--twice.
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

A popular saying is "We can't be the policemen of the world". Guess what? Someone has to.. It kills our economy it kills our kids My dad did many tours (I hate that saying like it's a vacation), all of my family did their "job".. I lost many friends and brothers and my daughter, did her part a couple of times. We have been and are the greatest country in hundreds of years and it's just kinda our job. It's like being a parent, hard but the right thing in the end. cr*****
    Are you sure you watch Fox News just to disagree with them?

I can't say I know shit about this situation, but this article Faxy posted on FB was enlightening. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rassed-to-ask/
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by RODGERRAMJET View Post
    Anyone wanna take bets that O'Bummer will have the U.S. in Syria, regardless of what Congress says or regardless of the fact that 95% of the American people--literally--have said that they don't want us getting involved in Syria's Civil War? You voted for the guy--twice.
    Hit the back button to the Faux News site (where you belong), you mother fucking useless tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvnÜy on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Yea I watch Fox fake news. cr***

In this case fucking bomb them You don't
    kill 400 kids with gas . Done deal cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 09-08-2013 at 05:36 PM.

51% --literally--

"The other guy" would also have you in there. Actually, he'd have had you in there are year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

Clearly, he didn't mean "literally," he just meant

Point 8 in that article Patrick posted makes a good point that while strikes won't do much to topple a regime they do send a message to not use chemical weapons. So when I think about the issue that way I do kind of agree with strikes. Then when I heard reports today that the potential srikes are stirring up old issues in Lebanon and other places in the middle east it changed my mind. Either way shit is not gonna be good in Syria for a long time.
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

You voted for the guy--twice.
    That's right. And the Republicans are going to lose the next presidential election as well. Because their marching orders come from the bizarre extreme that 90% of the US thinks is repugnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    Don't believe the countless fabricated propoghanda videos of civilians getting saren gassed, cluster bombed, phosphorous bombed and mutilated. The Zionists are filming the whole thing in Hollywood.
    Assad may have launched chemical attack on civilians, I don't doubt it. But what does that fuck all have to do with us?
    There's a terrible war in Congo, why don't we get involved there? How about Kashmir war between nuke nations India and Pakistan where thousands have been killed? Etc, The list of fucked up places in the world is rather long.
    What makes one human's blood worth more than another's?
    We can't clean up the whole world. World history is littered with the corpses of empires lost to overexertion through foreign entanglements.
    Must. Learn. From. History.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Point 8 in that article Patrick posted makes a good point that while strikes won't do much to topple a regime they do send a message to not use chemical weapons. So when I think about the issue that way I do kind of agree with strikes. Then when I heard reports today that the potential srikes are stirring up old issues in Lebanon and other places in the middle east it changed my mind. Either way shit is not gonna be good in Syria for a long time.
    And no. 9 says it's a lose/lose situation no matter what happens. You have to question the motives and sanity of anyone seeking world leadership positions these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    I can't say I know shit about this situation, but this article Faxy posted on FB was enlightening. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rassed-to-ask/
    That is interesting. The article seems impartial, but I worry that I don't know enough to detect the spin. But still, we muddle through somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    That is interesting. The article seems impartial, but I worry that I don't know enough to detect the spin. But still, we muddle through somehow.
    Knowing the newspaper's political leanings or orientation usually helps uncover some clues about the spin to look for. Though reporters are supposed to be independent from the editorial staff, usually there is some overlap in political stances. WaPo has a very conservative ed staff, they were with GW till the bitter end in his quest for Iraq and its news articles reflected that stance.
    So I'd say this article is somewhat dismissive of the Obama's Syrian plans in maybe small part due to their dislike of most things Obama.
    But hell who knows...
    Last edited by LiquidL; 09-09-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Obama owns things? Novel.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    Assad may have launched chemical attack on civilians, I don't doubt it. But what does that fuck all have to do with us?
    There's a terrible war in Congo, why don't we get involved there? How about Kashmir war between nuke nations India and Pakistan where thousands have been killed? Etc, The list of fucked up places in the world is rather long.
    What makes one human's blood worth more than another's?
    We can't clean up the whole world. World history is littered with the corpses of empires lost to overexertion through foreign entanglements.
    Must. Learn. From. History.
    Yeah but there's a line there too. At a certain point, that logic says to just stand by and let people commit genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Agreed Randy, but at the same time, we have. Recently. When do we draw that line, and is it the US who should be the ones to draw it? The UN is ineffectual, but should we be the only ones to decide this?

These are real questions that I have no idea how to answer. It might be that the US, as a country perhaps more internationally connected due to our electronic infrastructure and distrust of government, which leads to constant monitoring of these situations, is truly best equipped to deal with them when they reach levels that are truly abhorrent and needing international reaction. But I don't know.

Obama owns things? Novel.
    He's the boss. It's his administration. They want to strike Syria.
    Yes, he fucking owns it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Yeah but there's a line there too. At a certain point, that logic says to just stand by and let people commit genocide.
    Genocides have been happening and we haven't done shit all about a lot of them because it wasn't in our geopolitical strategy. Rwanda and Congo come to mind where we silently stood by letting it fly under the radar (including the media radar) while horrendous atrocities were being committed. In principle, we should have helped those guys but didn't. So it's not entirely cogent to say there's a line because that line keeps on shifting like the wind.
    If we really wanna help reduce the bad guys in the world, we need substantive internal changes like much better arms export controls because we sell most of that shit to the world. But, as usual, it's much easier and expedient for politicians and policymakers to take the easy route and create wars to get support from the Military-Industrial Complex rather than fighting their rising influence over the government. Lazy bastards, go figure.

Let me get this right...Our economy is fucked up, we have a large homeless population, and an equally large unemployment rate. There's a Drug War and Medical Coverage debate, and don't forget the guys who continue to snap on a more frequent basis, thinking it's the thing to do by walking onto a school campus with weapons and shooting at random human targets. You would think that by witnessing bad decisions regarding wars happening before, you'd think twice about getting into the middle of shit that wasn't your problem...especially when your own problems are being brushed aside, causing unrest and further separation of what I thought was The United States. It's not Our fucking problem that Syria is clueless to fighting a civil war, civilly. What's the difference between their people killing their people, and our people walking into a mall and open firing on others, or angry teens turning on their peers in gang fights and turf wars? And you don't see any one jumping up and helping to guard our borders, or fight our drug war, do you?

Listen here, America, don't let being a bad ass cloud your reality. You can't afford to take care of others until you learn to take care of your own!
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 09-09-2013 at 02:46 AM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Here is a link that provides an accurate timeline of events from the start of the non violent protests 2.5 years ago to present for those who might not be up to speed on the Syria conflict.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/55-p...a-this-mo?bffb

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    He's the boss. It's his administration. They want to strike Syria.
    Yes, he fucking owns it.

No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Overall it seems to be a reasonable if limited article (which is pretty much what it claims to be). There are some weird bits, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WaPo
    6. Why hasnít the United States fixed this yet?
    This question is fucked and based on some crazy assumptions. And the answer goes a lot of weird places.

The military options are all bad. Shipping arms to rebels, even if it helps them topple Assad, would ultimately empower jihadists
    which is an incredibly simplistic way of looking at things. And may be quite wrong; I've seen commentary that suggests that because we/etc. are NOT shipping arms/aid to rebels then the only rebels with arms/aid/money/power are the more radical/jihadist branches.

Later, in the answer to 8:

So itís sort of a low-hanging fruit: firing a few cruise missiles doesnít cost us much and can maybe help preserve this really hard-won and valuable norm against chemical weapons.
    Seems very pro-small scale intervention. "A few" is ridiculous. They have more than 50 potential targets and are expanding that list. There are claims that the strike would involve 200 Tomahawks plus bombing from B-52s. "Doesn't cost us much" is similarly ridiculous; Hagel's estimate was tens of millions of dollars; various discussions have the bill going over $100 million.

"Can maybe help" might be the most ridiculous, though. Even though it's already three weasel words but it still comes off as disingenuous.

Half the time I am posting here I am trashed. Most know that. I still say, no chemicals and no killing kids. That's the difference between night and day. If you are an adult, run away, fight, fucking give up but give the kids a chance..I guess adults that have never had them don't really understand. cr****

We bomb children.