Page 160 of 180 FirstFirst ... 155156157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 5390

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by GooGooMuck View Post
    They're called Medicaid, WIC, and TANF. There are also myriad private charities available to assist the poor. If with the aid of these programs, you are still unable to adequately care for a child, you have no business reproducing. It's called Planned Parenthood for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Jaywalking, for example, is not a crime. It is a misdemeanor in most places if anything. Those of you who are calling anything you can be penalized for "crimes" do not understand what the word actually means or how the judicial system works. You should seriously shut the fuck up.

I agree with your sentiment but the example you cite is mistaken.

1. A misdemeanor is a crime.

2. Jaywalking is not a misdemeanor. it is a civil offense which, by definition, is not a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    You didn't respond to the request ("Provide us with... examples"), you just changed your position. Or, more charitably, clarified (sort of) that you meant less federal government, not less government.
    Interesting point! Seriously! This is one of the topics that people forget to differentiate from! Yet again though I would argue in both cases less is more in terms of productivity and prosperity. I feel that the more you let people do and choose for themselves the more those people learn intrinsically. When you take away their choosing power you take away the game, so to speak of course. For a true example at state level, why must they regulate what I ingest? why am I not allowed to do whatever I want to myself? when did this become a thing?
    Which is a good thing to remember; Ron Paul, etc. are not actually for "more freedoms" as they tend to have no issue with (and in many cases prefer/fight for) local governments having all sorts of repressive/racist/hateful laws. The theory, I suppose, is that, well, you can move. Which is rather extreme as uprooting oneself is a big deal and means leaving family/friends/jobs/familiarity behind. Why is it that when people online refer to Ron Paul they instantly associate him with racism? I don't understand this correlation at all! I don't agree with him as if he were a deity so don't go calling me a "paulite". But when it comes to this issue I feel most media sources have labeled him a racist simply as propaganda. he's said many many times the only racist blemish on his entire record was an article written by an apprentice who was promptly fired. since then his voting record shows he is very fair in terms of race. Even debates dating back since the 80s shows him defending minorities.

The other theory is that people don't always have to agree on things and it can often be good to live and let live. And that is very reasonable and laudable and a good thing to keep in mind. But there are limits, of course.

Also, to clarify, I used quotes above ("Provide us with... examples" and "more freedoms") because I was quoting previous comments on the board, not because those are sayings. If they were sayings I would not have used quotes because that would have been stupid
    Don't sweat it. I was giving gediddeditta a hard time because she was being an ass.. no reason level headed persons cant have a level headed debate online while disregarding simple grammatical errors. that's silly.
    bitch please my message is too short stupid forum site I wrote furkin paragraphs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Arguing about the definition of the word "crime" = Losing the forest for the trees. Illegal immigration is a violation of the law. Therefore, that dictates energy/resources expended to prevent said violation.
    Whether that law is good or bad is totally open to a jolly debate. So, applying it to immigration, if we need hardworking folks from South of the border to come here, work, pay taxes, and become law abiding citizens then we should change immigration policy to be liberal (increase ingress quotas) and allow influx through proper channels.
    Allowing amnesty to people who illegally live and work here by circumventing immigration law is retarded. At least that much should be not up for debate.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

If by amnesty, you mean a decade-long bureaucratic process (complete with fines, background checks, and more fees), then yes, amnesty gone wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I agree with your sentiment but the example you cite is mistaken.

1. A misdemeanor is a crime.

2. Jaywalking is not a misdemeanor. it is a civil offense which, by definition, is not a crime.
    Exactly right. First time DUI's and dangerous speeding are misdemeanor's for example. Misdemeanor's are handled in justice court which is different than civil court. You will be appointed a criminal public defender in justice court too.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Adding erroneous apostrophes should be considered a misdemeanor.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    Arguing about the definition of the word "crime" = Losing the forest for the trees. Illegal immigration is a violation of the law. Therefore, that dictates energy/resources expended to prevent said violation.
    Whether that law is good or bad is totally open to a jolly debate. So, applying it to immigration, if we need hardworking folks from South of the border to come here, work, pay taxes, and become law abiding citizens then we should change immigration policy to be liberal (increase ingress quotas) and allow influx through proper channels.
    Allowing amnesty to people who illegally live and work here by circumventing immigration law is retarded. At least that much should be not up for debate.
    No, the system and process are retarded. Allowing amnesty to those who have lived and contributed here for a decade or more is just practical.

Whenever someone tries to make a real argument by using the word retarded, I know they don't think well.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Yeah, get a dictionary, mannnn

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    I feel that the more you let people do and choose for themselves the more those people learn intrinsically. When you take away their choosing power you take away the game, so to speak of course. For a true example at state level, why must they regulate what I ingest? why am I not allowed to do whatever I want to myself? when did this become a thing?
    This became a thing when civilization happened. It's a big part of what civilization is, thinking at least partially as a group so that you can work together and accomplish things that benefit everyone/many.

And yeah, given the power to choose many people learn themselves and come up with great things, but many fail. Ignoring those people leaves a lot of bodies around rotting. What do you do about the people who fail at a thing? Again, part of civilization is trying to make it so the easy things to fail at (avoiding killing yourself with heroin, alcohol, tainted foods sold by a corporation only looking for profits, etc) don't kill off too many people. I am not going to defend every regulation of course but the perfect is the enemy of the good.

Why is it that when people online refer to Ron Paul they instantly associate him with racism? I don't understand this correlation at all! I don't agree with him as if he were a deity so don't go calling me a "paulite". But when it comes to this issue I feel most media sources have labeled him a racist simply as propaganda. he's said many many times the only racist blemish on his entire record was an article written by an apprentice who was promptly fired. since then his voting record shows he is very fair in terms of race. Even debates dating back since the 80s shows him defending minorities.
    I didn't call you a "paulite". And I associated Ron Paul with racism because he associates himself with racism. You also could have responded to what I said rather than this tiny bit... but here we are.

And it wasn't an article. Ron Paul has had various stories on his racist newsletters but it isn't just journalists claiming he paid close attention to what was published under his name. And really, if your newsletter is publishing this trash for 30 years something is up. Speaking of which, here's scans of 50 excerpts from the '70s through the '90s, though to be fair they're not all showcasing racist views, some of them are hateful in other ways (and some awful conspiracy bullshit). This is one reason I have never delved too deeply into the level/nature of Ron Paul's racism; he has SO many red flags there's no point.

Also try this discussion on Ron Paul's take on the Civil War (the last post has links to the whole series).

He also wants to build a fence across the US-Mexico border, proposed an amendment ending birth right citizenship and opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He's also against the 14th amendment.

And if you respond that he just cares about his strict ideology... well then we're on the same page. There are broken systems and structural problems

There's more, all over the web. But you're not a Paulite so it shouldn't matter, should it.

bitch please my message is too short stupid forum site I wrote furkin paragraphs
    It doesn't count stuff you wrote within my quote. The bolding stuff may make it clear to humans like myself who wrote what but the programs don't know.

Arguing about the definition of the word "crime" = Losing the forest for the trees. Jaywalking is a violation of the law. Therefore, that dictates energy/resources expended to prevent said violation.
    Whether that law is good or bad is totally open to a jolly debate. So, applying it to jaywalking, if we need hardworking folks from across the street to come here, work, pay taxes, and become law abiding citizens then we should change jaywalking policy to be liberal (increase crosswalks) and allow crossing at proper locations.
    Allowing amnesty to people who jaywalk and work here by circumventing jaywalking law is retarded. At least that much should be not up for debate.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The founding fathers had it right and their way is applicable for this time is always my favorite stance.
    Last edited by guedita; 09-05-2013 at 10:50 AM.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Thomas Jefferson was a known jaywalker.

Thomas Jefferson was a known jaywalker.
    That's what I call having sex with black women, too. The founding fathers did have it right.

...I was thinking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

After a couple million people die from tainted meat, people will learn not to eat it any more! It's the free market! Why regulate?
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Don't enjoy 12 hour workdays at little pay and no benefits? Start your own company, FOOL!

Shhh, shhhh, be quiet children, and you'll start to hear the melodic chirps of the libertarian insist that the market will regulate itself, because people are intrinsically good.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Whenever someone tries to make a real argument by using the word retarded, I know they don't think well.
    I chose that word on purpose but I don't think too well so it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    No, the system and process are retarded. Allowing amnesty to those who have lived and contributed here for a decade or more is just practical.
    That may be true. It may be easier but is it right? If the laws are arcane enough and the legal immigration process cumbersome enough that it's just impossible then that system needs to be overhauled. Gotta fix the disease, not the symptoms.

Arguing about the definition of the word "crime" = Losing the forest for the trees. Jaywalking is a violation of the law. Therefore, that dictates energy/resources expended to prevent said violation.
    Whether that law is good or bad is totally open to a jolly debate. So, applying it to jaywalking, if we need hardworking folks from across the street to come here, work, pay taxes, and become law abiding citizens then we should change jaywalking policy to be liberal (increase crosswalks) and allow crossing at proper locations.
    Allowing amnesty to people who jaywalk and work here by circumventing jaywalking law is retarded. At least that much should be not up for debate.
    The impact on society between these two offences is significant and that's where the analogy breaks down.

I'm all for immigration. Immigrants provide the labor which sustains us as a country. We should overhaul the laws so immigration is not such a PITA and provides an attractive alternative to illegal immigration.

Shhh, shhhh, be quiet children, and you'll start to hear the melodic chirps of the libertarian insist that the market will regulate itself, because people are intrinsically good.
    Yeah seriously. The market is always self-correcting and entrepreneurs all always good people looking out for society.
    /sarcasm

We should overhaul the laws so immigration is not such a PITA and provides an attractive alternative to illegal immigration.
    The problem is that the right wingers in the United States House of Representatives won't do this until we a) "fully" secure the border, and b) round up and deport the millions of undocumented persons already living in the United States. Neither of which is a remotely realistic goal.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    That's a straw man argument. I could talk about how Lenin's War Communism led to starvation as well, but I don't think anybody is advocating that style of government here.
    Russia's implementation of Communism was laughable. It was corrupt, dirty, and far from the communist ideals. It led to starvation because it was so horribly implemented.

But the point is this: when you have masses of people living in abject poverty with no way out then that leads to misery, social unrest, and instability. Shrinking the government and taking away vital services like food stamps, public housing, welfare, etc is akin to leaving the poorest and the neediest amongst us out in the rain with no way out. That cannot be good for society.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The problem is that the right wingers in the United States House of Representatives won't do this until we a) "fully" secure the border, and b) round up and deport the millions of undocumented persons already living in the United States. Neither of which is a remotely realistic goal.
    I'm convinced that the right-wing in this country is a fast metastasizing cancer that needs to be removed pronto.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I'm convinced that the right-wing in this country is a fast metastasizing cancer that needs to be removed pronto.
    I feel the same way about cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

So there's this movement to get people to stop saying "illegal immigrant" because of its negative connotations. Would "offensive immigrant" be more PC? It's more specific and there's an undeniable ring to it.

No, we're just going to call them "bobert immigrants".

No, we're just going to call them "bobert immigrants".
    I have that one reserved for my girlfriend. It would be great if you could respect that.

We should call them "Englishmen in New York"