Page 156 of 182 FirstFirst ... 151152153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 5448

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

VigoTheCarpathian

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

(CBS News) SAN FRANCISCO - Oracle CEO Larry Ellison sat down with Charlie Rose at his compound near San Francisco and gave his surprising opinion on the NSA surveillance program.

CHARLIE ROSE: Where do you come down on what the NSA is doing?

LARRY ELLISON: Well, the great thing is we live in a democracy. If we don't like what the NSA is doing, we can just get rid of the government and put in a different government. I think, actually, we've been collecting this information for so long, long before the NSA was collecting it. Let me tell you who was collecting it.

American Express, Visa, all of your credit card data, we have, and all of your financial records. This whole issue of privacy is utterly fascinating to me. Who's ever heard of this information being misused by the government? In what way?

ROSE: Let me just hear you clearly. You were saying whatever the NSA's doing is okay with me?

ELLISON: It's great. I wish, you know, it's great. It's essential. By the way, President Obama thinks it's essential.

It's essential if we want to minimize the kind of strikes that we just had in Boston. It's absolutely essential.

ROSE: But what point would it be alarming for you, in terms of government surveillance? At what point would your red line be?

ELLISON: If the government used it to do political targeting. If the Democrats used it to go after Republicans. If the Republicans used it to go after Democrats.

In other words, if we stop looking for terrorists and we started looking for people, on the other side of the aisle.

And then there's proof that these aren't human beings but exaggerated mustache-twirling supervillians out of a comic book:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/1...-crowd-cheers/

Tennessee Republican tells girl her father has to be deported as tea party crowd cheers

A Tennessee tea party Republican state legislator told a frightened little girl at a town hall meeting on Thursday in Murfreesboro, TN that laws are laws and that her undocumented father is going to have to be deported. According to ProgressivePopulist.org, 11-year-old Josie Molina told state Rep. Scott Desjarlais (R) that she has papers but her father does not.

During a question and answer session at the meeting, Molina stepped up to the microphone and, with a quavering voice, asked, “Mr. DesJarlais, I have papers, but I have a dad who’s undocumented. What can I do to have him stay with me?”

Rather than make any attempt to assuage the girl’s fears, Desjarlais said, “Thank you for being here and thank you for coming forward and speaking,” but “the answer still kind of remains the same, that we have laws and we need to follow those laws and that’s where we’re at.”

The tea party crowd whooped and applauded wildly as the little girl took her seat, head down. Progressive Populist reported that Josie Molina’s father is currently in the process of being deported and that the girl is seeing a child psychologist in order to cope with the stress and anxiety.

Desjarlais is a former physician and anti-choice crusader who was fined $500 by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners after it came to light that he had engaged in multiple extramarital affairs with female patients. When one woman became pregnant, the staunch anti-abortion conservative pressured her into terminating the pregnancy. Another patient charged that Desjarlais prescribed narcotic painkillers to her for recreational use and frequently smoked marijuana with her.

“I know God has forgiven me” for the transgressions, Desjarlais told a conservative radio host in an interview in December of 2012.

Watch video of the exchange, embedded below via the National Day Laborer Organizing Network:
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

"I know God has forgiven me." fucking disgusting

VigoTheCarpathian

“the answer still kind of remains the same, that we have laws and we need to follow those laws and that’s where we’re at.”

What typical pseudo-suppervillain jive: the answer is kind of me not thinking about an answer but it's going to suck for you one way or the other.

MAN THE FUCK UP LITTLE GIRL. THIS IS AMERICA, WE HAVE RULES HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post

What typical pseudo-suppervillain jive: the answer is kind of me not thinking about an answer but it's going to suck for you one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

No reasoning here: Just I think repugs suck. That is how I have always felt, and will always feel I'm guessing. I would be a prime candidate for being a R but they just rub me the wrong way. We all have to think of people that are less fortunate than us and they will always be here. We have to look out or peeps that didn't get the breaks you and I have had...cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    our great nation can no longer afford compromise and bipartisanship
    can no longer 'afford' bipartisanship

=

this two-party system has to go

=

make the republicans (only the "true conservatives", that is) the ruling party

=

make the "true conservatives" the sole ruling class

=

leaders unaccountable to voters

=

totalitarianism

enforcement via NSA surveillance "the other side of the aisle"
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

It's scary how easily that sort of outcome can be achieved when they say these things out in the open and there's not even an issue about it.

Sinclair Lewis' It Can't Happen Here should increasingly become required reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

VigoTheCarpathian

What are we talking about here?

VigoTheCarpathian

The statement implies totalitarianism. The NSA will de facto spy on us.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    And then there's proof that these aren't human beings but exaggerated mustache-twirling supervillians out of a comic book:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/1...-crowd-cheers/
    We do need immigration reform, clearing the path for more legal immigration from Mexico.

However, it's pretty ridiculous that many people (mostly on the left) believe that it's somehow immoral to deport someone simply because they managed to sneak across our border safely, and managed to go undetected for some years.

This makes a mockery of all existing immigration laws, and simply punishes those who are attempting to do it the legal way.

People get too caught up in the emotions of empathizing with human beings they can see and hear, while dismissing those they can't.

While it is easy to get attached to your nice (illegal immigrant) cleaning lady and cry on the day she gets deported, you forget all of the equally nice women who never even got a chance to live in this country, because they are either waiting on being able to come here legally, or simply can't do so at all because there is no legal path here.

Simply put, amnesty and inaction when it comes to illegal immigration is equivalent to knowingly rewarding those who cut in line.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

This would more reasonably go in a Fuck Politics thread but whatever:

Slate's Gerrymandering Jigsaw Puzzle is pretty awesome. I am awful at spatial reasoning though and got 10:04 for the five puzzels.

5:10, but I was pretty sloppy about placement.

10:07
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Ok, why can't Arizona have anti-gerrymandering laws like Iowa? That looks pretty cool.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Because Arizona is full of the type of people who use gerrymandering to keep minorities out of office, amy.

Well, I know WHY. I'm just wishing.

I just read this online article from 2006, speaking of minorities, that stated that there is a retirement home just down the street from me that systematically refuses to allow black folks to live there. The Fellowship Towers. I wonder if anything has changed since 2006?

If you know why, why did you ask why?

I phrased it wrong. Fuck off.

Gerrymandering is a trick utilized by both parties. It's not just an evil plan concocted by evil Republicans to keep innocent minorities out of office.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post

However, it's pretty ridiculous that many people (mostly on the left) believe that it's somehow immoral to deport someone simply because they managed to sneak across our border safely, and managed to go undetected for some years.
    So because our government is incompetent it means that poor farmers who work back breaking jobs for barely living wages (the kind which white people stick their noses up at) - who pay taxes, buy from and support the economy - should be uprooted and deported because of their supposed legal status which you were fine with just so long as they cut the fucking grapes off the vines and pay their rent?

VigoTheCarpathian

It's a fucking human rights violation regardless of technical legal status.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Gerrymandering is a trick utilized by both parties. It's not just an evil plan concocted by evil Republicans to keep innocent minorities out of office.
    You're right, it's an evil plan concocted largely by evil Republicans to keep innocent minorities from voting.

VigoTheCarpathian

The Republicans didn't concoct anything: Gerrymandering is as old as this nation.

Democrats game minorities like its their privilege to do so.

9:54 for the puzzle. It was fun, thanks!

Fuck political parties in general.

YES FUCK DEMOCRACY

efrain's got a good point, though, which I think he expands upon on his doctoral thesis: "The Intersection of cheese house and political parties, brahbro"

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore