Page 142 of 180 FirstFirst ... 137138139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 5390

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Bill Bradley should have totally obliterated Al Gore in the 2000 primaries. I have a hard time understanding why this didn't happen.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium
    8/12 - FKA Twigs - El Rey (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

well, that cause isn't cool any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/c...m-auto-bailout

UAW Charges Romney With Profiteering From Auto Bailout

Toledo, Ohio - Wednesday Evening October 31, 2012

For Mitt Romney, it's one scary Halloween. The Presidential candidate has just learned that tomorrow afternoon (November 1) he will be charged by the United Automobile Workers (UAW) and other public interest groups with violating the federal ethics in government law by improperly concealing his multi-million dollar windfall from the auto industry bailout.

At a press conference in Toledo, Bob King, President of the United Automobile Workers, will announce that his union and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) have filed a formal complaint with the US Office of Government Ethics in Washington stating that Gov. Romney improperly hid a profit of $15.3 million to $115.0 million in Ann Romney's so-called "blind" trust.

The union chief says, "The American people have a right to know about Gov. Romney’s potential conflicts of interest, such as the profits his family made from the auto rescue. It’s time for Gov. Romney to disclose or divest.”

“While Romney was opposing the rescue of one of the nation’s most important manufacturing sectors, he was building his fortunes with his Delphi investor group, making his fortunes off the misfortunes of others,” King added.

The Romneys' gigantic windfall was hidden inside an offshore corporation inside a limited partnership inside a trust which both concealed the gain and reduces taxes on it.

The Romneys' windfall was originally exposed in Nation Magazine (and reposted on Truthout,) Mitt Romney's Bail-out Bonanza after a worldwide investigation by our crew at The Guardian, the Nation Institute and the Palast Investigative Fund.

The full story of Romney and his "vulture fund" partners is in the New York Times bestseller, "Billionaires & Ballot Bandits," available from Truthout with a contribution by clicking here.

According to ethics law expert Dan Curry who drafted the ethics complaint, Ann Romney does not have a federally-approved blind trust. An approved "blind" trust may not be used to hide a major investment which could be affected by Romney if he were to be elected President. Other groups joining the UAW and CREW include Public Citizen, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Public Campaign, People for the American Way and The Social Equity Group.

President Obama's approved trust, for example, contains only highly-diversified mutual funds on which presidential action can have little effect. By contrast, the auto bail-out provided a windfall of over 4,000% on one single Romney investment.

In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund, Elliott Management, threatened to cut off GM's supply of steering columns unless GM and the government's TARP auto bailout fund provided Delphi with huge payments. While the US treasury complained this was "extortion," the hedge funds received, ultimately, $12.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies.

As a result, the shares Singer and Romney bought for just 67 cents are today worth over $30, a 4,000% gain. Singer's hedge fund made a profit of $1.27 billion and the Romney's tens of millions.

The UAW complaint calls for Romney to reveal exactly how much he made off Delphi -- and continues to make. The Singer syndicate, once in control of Delphi, eliminated every single UAW job --25,000-- and moved almost all auto parts production to Mexico and China where Delphi now employs 25,000 auto parts workers.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

142 page thread by kroqken.

Even I am impressed.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Mitt Romney Staged His Own "Relief Rally" By Buying $5,000 Worth of Donation Props

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/19290

Not super into politics, and I don't pay that much attention, but Romney just seems like the most out of touch with the rest of the world motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

scary.

For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Seems like the reps have some ammo with the whole Libya thing. Seems like a coverup to me, I'm still voting for obomba. Romney is just too much of a creep for my liking. What are everyones thoughts on the Libya situation?

"He's a Muslim AND an atheist."
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

"He's all three"

Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 619 View Post
    Seems like the reps have some ammo with the whole Libya thing. Seems like a coverup to me, I'm still voting for obomba. Romney is just too much of a creep for my liking. What are everyones thoughts on the Libya situation?
    If Republicans want to make the case that "Obama should have known and done something about it" then they should own up to 9/11 when their boy W and his pals ignored the numerous warnings that something was going to go down. End of story.
    Last edited by theresalwaysone; 11-04-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 619 View Post
    Seems like the reps have some ammo with the whole Libya thing. Seems like a coverup to me, I'm still voting for Obama. Romney is just too much of a creep for my liking. What are everyones thoughts on the Libya situation?
    I see no evidence of a cover-up. What I see is congressional Republicans, in an attempt to politicize the situation, rushing to judgement on a chaotic situation and confusing everyone.

Republicans desperately wanted to take away Obama's claim to have decimated Al Qaeda's top leadership by painting this attack as being "pre-planned" and "masterminded" by Al Qaeda. Without any intelligence to back it up, Republicans jumped to this conclusion and scoffed at the idea that it could be in any way "spontaneous" and in retaliation to that anti-Muslim video, which had sparked violent protests throughout the Middle East and especially Cairo earlier that day. To this day there is no reason to think that the video did not spark the attack, yet the public and much of the media have already dismissed this as a possibility in their minds.

From the NY Times article by David Kirkpatrick, who interviewed participants in the aftermath: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/wo...stigation.html
    To Libyans who witnessed the assault and know the attackers, there is little doubt what occurred: a well-known group of local Islamist militants struck the United States Mission without any warning or protest, and they did it in retaliation for the video. That is what the fighters said at the time, speaking emotionally of their anger at the video without mentioning Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden or the terrorist strikes of 11 years earlier. And it is an explanation that tracks with their history as members of a local militant group determined to protect Libya from Western influence.
    The distinctions between "spontaneous" vs. "pre-planned" and "act of terror" vs. "violent protest," which Republicans kept hammering administration officials on, set up false dichotomies and the media ran with it. An attack on a building with RPGs and machine guns does not in of itself require extensive pre-planning. Yet this is what Republicans were insisting. And regardless of whether it was the video or 9/11 anniversary, or both, that sparked it, it's still an "act of terror." But to this day there is no evidence that this was pre-planned (e.g., on the level of the original 9/11 attacks), or that it was carried out by a global terrorist network like Al Qaeda to mark the anniversary of 9/11 or whatever. This scenario was completely fabricated by Republicans. Why couldn't this attack have been inspired by the video and the protests that occurred throughout the Muslim world earlier that day? Republicans are apparently expert at knowing what burns in the hearts of angry Muslims.

Regardless, that is what intel on the ground reported to the Obama administration and that was the line Susan Rice stuck to that sent Republicans into a tizzy. The bottom line for me is that Benghazi, a tragedy, is being blown way out of proportion in order to attack Obama's foreign policy record. Thousands of Americans have died in these wars on terror, some I knew, and where was the scandal or outrage then? If you scrutinized every death that happens in a war zone to this level, with the hindsight of 20/20, you would find steps that could have been taken to prevent it. People who have served in war zones know there are no guarantees and bad shit happens sometimes. You learn your lesson and move forward.

Obama is up the street from me today. Dave Matthews is going to play. Yea Dave, fuck Kid Rock..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mint Julep View Post
    fuck you bob, and you're bitch tits.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

OH NOES THE BUDDHISTS ARE COMING!!!!!
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

If we must have more relgios here, I wouldn't mind a few more Buddhists. I certainly want fewer of the "Christians" in that video, if possible. Maybe we could arrange a trade with China?
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Thanks...We didn't see that the first 2 times it was posted on this page.

What is your point in the 3rd posting of it?

I can tell you that my point was that if you go dumb ass hunting, you can find them in any group.

If you can't, you are the dumb ass
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    I can tell you that my point was that if you go dumb ass hunting, you can find them in any group.

If you can't, you are the dumb ass
    Yes, there are plenty of fucktards on both sides of the fence. I find it interesting, though, that he felt it necessary to to go into a black, low income neighborhood to make a sweeping generalization. I think the other video does a better job at showing ignorance.

FWIW, Howard is voting for Obama.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Also posted this in the Phoenix Thread.

http://www.carmonaforarizona.com/new...ng-voters#skip
    VIDEO: Flake caught defrauding voters
    November 4, 2012

12 News' Brahm Resnik just broke a big story: Congressman Flake's campaign is calling voters likely to cast their ballot for Rich and telling them to go to the wrong polling place to discourage them from voting.

These calls are paid for by the Flake campaign and coming out of the Flake campaign -- not some shadowy outside group. At a time when both parties should be encouraging people to vote, Congressman Flake is actively trying to mislead voters and make it harder for folks who prefer Rich to cast their vote.

Please watch this video and share it with your friends.

Diarrhea Planet 2015

redskins won

but also, alabama won

Diarrhea Planet 2015

The metro drug task force here in Co is disbanding lolz cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Holy shit!!! Obama won Florida!!! It's official!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-wins-fla...-election.html
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever
    8/10 - Paul McCartney - Dodger Stadium
    8/12 - FKA Twigs - El Rey (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    well, that cause isn't cool any more.
    Damn it Palin!
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14