Page 115 of 180 FirstFirst ... 110111112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 5391

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Wait, what the fuck happened in Missouri to Mormons?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War

Joseph Smith wanted the Mormons to settle there, but the other people in Missouri weren't having it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War

Joseph Smith wanted the Mormons to settle there, but the other people in Missouri weren't having it.
    I'll also recommend this:

Attached Images Attached Images
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

God is taking aim at the evil Republicans, lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Eddie Griffin would have me believe that it's the spirits from the slave ships of old coming to fuck with the GOP.

Didn't this happen in 2008, too? Maybe they should stop holding their conventions in Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

where should we plan the big, expensive, important event?

hurricaine country.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Didn't this happen in 2008, too? Maybe they should stop holding their conventions in Florida.
    the 2008 Republican convention was in Minnesota.

Four years ago, events on the first day of the GOP convention were largely scrapped due to a storm — even though it was thousands of miles from the convention hall. Republicans gathered in Saint Paul, Minn., in 2008 but didn't want to seem insensitive with Hurricane Gustav then threatening New Orleans.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, the party's nominee that year, had been photographed alongside President George W. Bush and a birthday cake when Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast in 2005. So as Gustav was bearing down on the Gulf in 2008, McCain told Republicans to mute the festivities and visited an emergency command center in Mississippi.

Bush had been slated to speak on the convention's opening day but skipped it in favor of visiting emergency response centers in Texas.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

oh this is too rich:

Quote Originally Posted by February 2011
    Republican lawmakers in Arizona — including State Senate President Russell Pearce (R), who sponsored the state’s controversial immigration law — have introduced a bill that sets up a way for the state to ignore federal laws it doesn’t like.

The bill, SB1433, would establish a 12 person legislative committee that could “recommend, propose and call for a vote by simple majority to nullify in its entirety a specific federal law or regulation that is outside the scope of the powers delegated by the People to the federal government in the United States Constitution.” The committee would be made up of six members of the State House and six members of the State Senate, with no more than four from each chamber coming from a single party. After the committee made a recommendation, the state legislature would then have 60 days to vote on whether to nullify the federal law.
    but now..

Quote Originally Posted by August 2012
    Attorney General Tom Horne and Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery are asking a court to rule that Arizona's medical marijuana law is illegal because it conflicts with federal law.

The two Republican prosecutors are continuing so-far-unsuccessful efforts against the medical marijuana program being established after being authorized by Arizona voters two years ago.

Horne and Montgomery made separate but coordinated requests Thursday for a ruling on the legality of Arizona law as part of a case pending in Maricopa County Superior Court.

That case involves a Sun City medical marijuana dispensary applicant who sued when county officials wouldn't provide zoning clearances needed under the medical marijuana law.

The prosecutors ask a judge to dismiss the applicants' lawsuit on grounds that Arizona's law is illegal.

Ha, I saw that earlier. My first thought was, "Since when the fuck do they voluntarily defer to federal law?"
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

When it suits their needs.

AUSTIN, Texas -- A Republican county emergency management official in Texas says unrest may erupt if President Barack Obama is re-elected, that the president would respond by sending in United Nations troops, and that he needs more sheriff's deputies to deal with it.

"He's going to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the UN," Lubbock County Judge Tom Head said this week on a Fox News television station in the northwest Texas Panhandle region. "Then what happens? I'm thinking worst-case scenario -- civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe."

"We're talking take up arms and get rid of the guy," he said. Obama's response? "He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want them in Lubbock."

The White House declined to comment on Head's statements. The county Democratic Party released a statement calling the comments "pure paranoid fantasy" and said Head should resign.

Head elaborated in a video interview Wednesday with the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, which serves the county of about 284,000 people that is the home of 1950s rock pioneer Buddy Holly, Texas Tech University and the Prairie Dog Town tourist attraction.

As the county's chief emergency-management official, Head told the newspaper, he must prepare for worst-case scenarios, which he said included Obama's re-election and Democrats retaining control of the Senate and a category 5 hurricane.

"Do I think U.N. troops are going to be rolling into Lubbock? Probably not going to happen," he said. "F-5 hurricane? Probably not going to happen."

Head offered the scenarios as partial justification for a 1.7 percent property-tax increase to hire more deputies and add other law-enforcement resources.

"It's not the first time he's said something ridiculous," Kenny Ketner, who chairs the Lubbock County Democratic Party, said by telephone Thursday.

Carl Tepper, who chairs the county Republican Party, said Head "really is a very nice man. He's been a good officeholder."

"Individual officeholders sometimes say outrageous things," Tepper said, adding that Vice President Joseph Biden is known for occasionally blurting out controversial comments.

Mark Jones, who heads the political science department at Rice University in Houston, said he read Head's comments as "venting."

"In rural, Republican West Texas, people already see the country going down a perilous path," Jones said by phone. The idea of another Obama administration "creates a sense of desperation among some of them."

Head has been the top elected official in Lubbock County since 1999, according to its website. Head is a former police officer and SWAT team member at Texas Tech.

He didn't return messages left at his home Wednesday night or at his office Thursday morning.

Coachella Junkie

Lubbock is the dickhole of Texas.

I thought you were the...nevermind.

Coachella Junkie

His logic is awesome, by the way: please accept a modest increase in taxes so that when you rebel after Obama is reelected the local authorities will have the necessary funds to quash your rebellion.

Edit: No wait, he made it clear: Obama's sending in the UN. Nevermind. The 1.7% tax increase will fend off the blue helmets.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 08-23-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

You people need to understand. A 'county judge' in Texas is not a judicial position. The County Judge is like the mayor of a county. "The Texas Constitution vests broad judicial and administrative powers in the position of county judge, who presides over a five-member commissioners court, which has budgetary and administrative authority over county government operations." And Lubbock is the home of a research university with a halfway decent med school. Not to mention Buddy Holly and Joe Ely and Bobby Keys and Waylon Jennings.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm so bringing this up in my next risk meeting. "well, obama could get re-elected and UN troops could be sent in, let's plan a contingency for that"
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

... does anyone have the heart to tell this guy that the UN doesn't have troops?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Name a time that UN troops have actually taken part in any fighting.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Africa doesn't count. Fucking insects in Africa have automatic weapons.

You gotta fish where the fish are.

I still find it funny whenever someone discusses the notion of any American area being invaded by a force other than the American military like it could work.

Africa doesn't count. Fucking insects in Africa have automatic weapons.
    Siged

IT HAPPENED IN RED DAWN TRICK

I still find it funny whenever someone discusses the notion of any American area being invaded by a force other than the American military like it could work.
    There are already foreign troops on US soil, invited here by the Obama administration! Don't be a sheep Randy!

Comment by Republican adviser to Ohio Gov. John Kasich sets off howls of racism

[Doug Preisse, the Franklin County Republican chairman] told the Columbus Dispatch in a story published Sunday: "I guess I really actually feel we shouldn't contort the voting process to accommodate the urban -- read African-American -- voter turnout machine."
    Matt Borges, executive director of the state Republican party, said Preisse thought his comments to the Dispatch were off the record. Still, Borges said Preisse is not a racist and that he was simply trying to convey that Republicans wanted a fair playing field when it comes to voting.