Page 10 of 185 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    Boxer 52 - Fiorina 42

And still, as of this morning, Fiorina has yet to concede.
    The people have a long time ago.

The Tea Party candidate for governor here won't concede to the incumbent Democrat. This guy:

This time around the Republicans have nominated state senator Bill Brady out of Bloomington. Where to start? He's not only against gay marriage, he proposed a constitutional amendment to ban it, and civil unions too. He voted against a senate bill that would permit research using human embryonic stem cells. He's OK with creationism being taught in public schools. He's against abortion, even in cases of rape and incest. He wants to roll back the state minimum wage from $8.25 an hour to the federal level of $7.25—and in general he thinks the minimum wage is an unwarranted intrusion into free markets that will cause employers to send jobs out of state. In 2005 he voted against FamilyCare and KidCare, which provided medical care for children of working-class families, on the grounds that "it's the definition of welfare. It's government assistance. I want everyone to have access to quality health care, and I think they can get it by providing for themselves and by the state helping to bring in well-paying jobs."

As Daily Southtown columnist Kristen McQueary wisecracked then: "Good luck on that one."

So yeah, you get it: he's a free-market zealot and far-right social conservative. But he's also a millionaire developer who's made big bucks overseeing Brady Homes, a business his father started. Back in 2003 he cut a deal with the city of Champaign to build a 300-unit subdivision out by the intersection of I-57 and Curtis Road. The city hoped the subdivision would lead to further development near the intersection. But Brady underestimated what the project would cost, David Heinzmann and Rick Pearson wrote in a Chicago Tribune story this May that looked back at the deal. When proper bids were in, Brady's share of the cost had grown by more than $1 million, "and he balked at doing the work without getting more money from taxpayers," they wrote. "We made a deal with Brady, in which we were capping our investment at a [certain] level," Bruce Knight, Champaign's planning director, told the Tribune reporters. "More money from taxpayers was not 'justifiable.'"

The deal died, and the land remains vacant.

Oh, that's perfect. Working-class kids getting health care, that's welfare. Working-class folks getting a decent wage, that's an unwarranted government intrusion into the free market. Yet when he was looking to build his homes out by the highway, Brady had his hand out for all the taxpayer cash he could get.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Looks like they've begun to find the rest of Boulder County and suburban Denver's votes. Bennet just pulled ahead with 90% of precincts reporting.

Coachella Junkie

They already called it for Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    WOW this is an amazing picture. Almost avatar worthy, but my knife is much more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    They already called it for Bennett.
    Who's they?

Edit:
    Never mind. I guess the local papers. No national outlet will call it though and I'm guessing at this point it's going to a recount.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 11-03-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Interesting, Harry Reid is not mentioned on FOXNews' homepage except for the trending topics list at the bottom.

"We are all children of a powerful and great god" "no matter what you face in life, he will give you the strength to go through"

"Americans believe with all their heart, the vast majority of them, the vast majority of Floridians, that the United States of America is simply the single greatest nation in all of human history"
    Last edited by faxman75; 11-03-2010 at 11:46 AM.

What is the point of the bottom quote because after reading it a few times the message doesn't really bother me?

Unless he actually said "Unites" instead of "United," but I figured that was just a typo.

Yes it was a typo. Maybe we should be a bit more humble and not proclaim ourselves the greatest ever all the damn time. I get it though, he's happy he won. It was just a minor annoyance. As was the god comment. It's not an 'OMG holy shit look at this guy' thing.

I liked watching this live last night. For the record I can't stand Chris Mathews but he tries really hard to get answer and finally accepts Michele Bachmann is in a TRANCE.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    What is the point of the bottom quote because after reading it a few times the message doesn't really bother me?
    It's fucking stupid? I think Rome had us beat a while back. See also Mesopotamia, Egypt, etc.

I figured we already knew the Tea Party had no prior or further knowledge of any other country existing beside the United States in 1776. They're morons.

Coachella Junkie

You just agreed with them 3 posts up.

I figured we already knew the Tea Party had no prior or further knowledge of any other country existing beside the United States in 1776. They're morons.
    False. They know Africa existed. That gave us the slave trade and a muslim President that was born in Kenya.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    You just agreed with them 3 posts up.
    Not having a problem with something that's said and agreeing are two entirely different things. He was happy he won a race and said America's the greatest ever, who gives a shit? I don't agree with most Republicans. I don't have a problem that normal conservative people exist, though.

Kind of arguing semantics at this point. I don't think America is the greatest nation to exist in the history of the world... Of all the shit this guy has said I could care less if he is being showy about his "love" for the country.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 11-03-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Coachella Junkie

That type of hyper-nationalism is bad for everyone now living or with future plans to be alive.

I guess I don't see any of these Tea Party people as a real threat, then.

As they're beginning to already make clear in the press this morning, they're going after reform for the Republican party as well. They'll be a nuisance on both sides and nothing more.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 11-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Coachella Junkie

It's sort of a matter of principle. Let's drop it now because you want to get gay married with Marco Rubio.

old school

Who's they?

Edit:
    Never mind. I guess the local papers. No national outlet will call it though and I'm guessing at this point it's going to a recount.
    There cant be a recount.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    "Americans believe with all their heart, the vast majority of them, the vast majority of Floridians, that the United States of America is simply the single greatest nation in all of human history"
    i'm glad to hear this bugged at least one American, Fax... this kind of smug ethnocentrism is precisely what drives us non-Americans to fly jetliners into your buildings.

You know; out of jelousy. Because of all your freedoms.

Marco Rubio's voice reminds me of Tommy Carcetti, the Maryland politician from The Wire.

Some dude from the Real World won a House seat in Wisconsin.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11...nsin/?hpt=Sbin
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

A lumberjack athlete reality star Republican congressman. Good job, Wisconsin's 7th.

Holy shit he had 6 kids with that crazy republican chick from the real world! I also learned on wiki that she was engaged to a producer of the real world (this is after dating Puck on and off a couple years prior) then the producer died in a car crash. Then she hooked up with this guy and after having two miscarriages was able to pop out 6 kids SIX! Wowza. What a story.

Children: Evita, Jack, Lucia-Belen, John-Paul, Paloma, MariaVictoria

Things are looking up over here. Kitz (D) has narrowed Dudley's lead and is carrying 70% of the metro area with pretty much only Multnomah (Portland proper) and Lane (hyperliberal-except-for-white-supremacists Eugene) still counting.

Wow that is actually fantastic news.

A few news sites have gone so far as to call it for Kitzhaber, and he's officially surpassed Dudley in the last hour or so. I'm hesitant to celebrate, especially considering how Dudley was all but declared last night, but I'm hopeful nonetheless.

to reiterate the main point of this thread though...

FUCK THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

it just goes to show that fear will sway and rule all...especially the "undecided" voters, who are among some of the dumbest people in the US...and probably on the Earth.

i don't see how the Dems have failed at all, considering what they had to start with. 8 years of "W" doesn't go away in less than 4 years. apparently, voters think its time for more GOP though.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

Wow that is actually fantastic news.
    Aaaaand it's over. Kitz lives to serve a third term nonsequentially by a slim enough margin to make me feel really fucking good about being involved with the GOTV effort I've been working on for the past month. Good minute over here. Cheers.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 11-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.