Page 175 of 180 FirstFirst ... 170171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 5391

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I am neither gay nor a California resident.
    come on, big guy, you know you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i actually think it is fair to single out the mormons. of course they aren't the only ones against gay marriage. but in addition to all the prop 8 stuff, don't mormons participate in the "turn straight" programs too? i'd be interested to know how much money the catholics, evangelicals, and mormons each spend trying to keep gay marriage illegal.
    California just shut down all those Mormon-run (and non-Mormon-run) conversion centers. They are now illegal here.

What was that one group of people that came out against prop 8 in large numbers....can't recall.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    California just shut down all those Mormon-run (and non-Mormon-run) conversion centers. They are now illegal here.
    ah thanks. i wasn't sure if that was just cali or nationwide
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

ah thanks. i wasn't sure if that was just cali or nationwide
    pretty sure you can still "pray the gay away" in Kansas.

Ok, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't speak law fluently- but I do know that I don't agree with Gov. Herbert's decision, and I know that it's not just the dirty hippies that feel the same way. I used to be mormon- it's a common story- so we all know why this state functions the way it does. I know that if you and all your siblings have 8 fucking kids each, some of your family will be gay, and the gay community here is large and strong, and they're smart. They organize, and they're sort of the top positions in all things media, they have weight. Count everyone else who 'thinks rationally' here, and I really would say Utah is very pro-equality. Herbert knows that this is a religious crusade, just like everyone else knows it. This here is a losing battle, for as ever long as the church rules.

The mos always say to the gentiles that they support equality, but not to each other and definitely not when it counts, like when they vote. I agree with Ivy, I think it's totally fair to single them out, for those programs and other preposterous things. Anyway, I just know that what is happening here is sour, and I don't like what it is doing to my friends, their families and their children, or the reputation of this state. I thought for a minute that we were moving forward and I'm disappointed that once again, the powerful religious few on the top are missing an opportunity to be better. I understand that this issue is tricky because it is Utah, and not California or the other religious states. So maybe nothing I say will make any sense to anyone.

Also, kvnty was just lightheartedly agreeing with my frustration, not just blurting out some hate- and I love him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I did not mean anything that strictly. In general rationality is not going to penetrate, or at least is going to take a lot of time to penetrate. And will often not penetrate on its own. And people are different, different things will penetrate different people.

Yes, I tend to respond better to people who are calm and reasonable and polite... but what that really means is that I respond less to those people; I stay more in control and am less uncomfortable and change less.
    You're being stubborn and irrational.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

come on, big guy, you know you want it.
    I would very much like to retire to northern California.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

What area?

Wherever it is permanently 50 - 70 degrees year round.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

You're being stubborn and irrational.
    I am not even sure what we are talking about anymore. It seems to involve a lot of penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

oh baby.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Tom is wrong. Those in power can afford to be polite, to follow all the procedures (that they set up), to be calm and composed. It is a privilege to be able to be polite.

And Jack is not entirely wrong but he ain't right, either. Evil doesn't have to come from evil people. Evil deeds can be done by otherwise reasonable people. Pushing your views on other people so you don't have to deal with people being different than you is evil. The pushers are not necessarily otherwise evil but they can still be doing an evil thing.

Saying they've been abused and fucked up by their wretched culture does not excuse their abuse of others.

I used to be deeply religious. My reason something was wrong was "God said it was" or "the Bible condemns it" (meaning the same thing), not anything rational. The people perpetrating these evils now are not me, of course, but that is still by and large the reasoning. It is not rational. It is not reasonable. It is not good. It is not right.
    I made the distinction between doing evil and intending evil, and did not ask anyone to excuse evil actions. I only claim it would make for more productive discourse if the left would not assume that the evil actions were coming from a place of anger or vindictiveness, and rather acknowledged the fears and combated those instead.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 01-09-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I made the distinction between doing evil and intending evil, and did ask anyone to excuse evil actions. I only claim it would make for more productive discourse if the left would not assume that the evil actions were coming from a place of anger or vindictiveness, and rather acknowledged the fears and combated those instead.
    Plenty of people on the left do not assume Conservatives are working from vindictiveness. Plenty of people on the right do assume that progressives are working from vindictiveness, trying to destroy marriage/culture/USA; that's incredibly unhelpful, too.

What I'm saying is thanks for your deep thought.

poop
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 01-09-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Plenty of people on the left do not assume Conservatives are working from vindictiveness. Plenty of people on the right do assume that progressives are working from vindictiveness, trying to destroy marriage/culture/USA; that's incredibly unhelpful, too.

What I'm saying is thanks for your deep thought.
    If you want to assume I'm making a categorical statement about 100% of the "left" then... I guess fair enough.
    I seem to have made the mistake of assuming that the context of this particular discussion and how it started made it clear I'm talking about the folks on the left hurling harsh invective. But thanks for reminding me there's more than two identical people in the world.

What I'm saying is thanks for refuting arguments I haven't made.
    and your deep thoughts
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 01-09-2014 at 04:26 PM.

christ this board

Well then you're talking about "productive discourse" when no such thing was the goal. Which had already been well covered, I thought. So I figured you were looking at a bigger context. Though I suppose I should have gone smaller as it seems like you had retreated to defending what you had said.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

You seem to be missing the last few pages of this thread. If you made some sort of statement in the past declaring "productive discourse" is not useful then congratulations, but I don't give a shit.

retreating LOL.

pretty sure you can still "pray the gay away" in Kansas.
    california and new jersey are the only two states, that i could find, that have laws banning conversion therapy for minors
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Can't believe no one's brought up this gem of a quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Former Arkansas Governor and Republican Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee
    “If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it. Let us take that discussion all across America.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/25/op...pgtype=article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z2

^yeah why hasn't anyone manufactured any phony outrage that a conservative thinks people are capable of buying their own shit?

No, it's more about white Republican men's creepy fascination with women's reproductive systems. Which same Republicans want to control by legislation.

why don't republicans understand it takes a man to make the baby too!?

No, it's more about white Republican men's creepy fascination with women's reproductive systems. Which same Republicans want to control by legislation.
    Yeah he definitely could have gotten his point across in a less creepy way, that's for sure.

his point is still stupid. the point of paying for birth control is a preventative measure so that the government isn't subsidizing health care costs for babies people cannot afford. we've obviously found out as a society that even with contraception and education, people are still going to have sex and get pregnant. we've also found that people are still going to walk away from the pregnancy and leave one parent holding the baby and the bills.

i get that there will always be a group of people against abortion. but being against birth control is expensively stupid for this country. or maybe we just need to invent a pill for men and then the argument would magically cease. at the root of all of this is the long-standing tradition of men being terrified of women having any power. being barefoot and pregnant is a great way to keep us down.

There is a great article in this months rolling stone about how the republicans are chipping away at abortion rights. Couldn't do it through the front door so they are being sneaky as fuck. It's scary in some states.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    What was that one group of people that came out against prop 8 in large numbers....can't recall.
    Mormons.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

why don't republicans understand it takes a man to make the baby too!?
    The difference is, women are sluts.

i'd be interested to know how much money the catholics, evangelicals, and mormons each spend trying to keep gay marriage illegal.

Francis the Reformer has put out some new marching orders.

1. "If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?" -- Interview aboard the Papal Plane after World Youth Day in Brazil.

2. "A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: "Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?" We must always consider the person. -- Interview with Jesuit Catholic journals around the world.

3. "We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods. This is not possible. I have not spoken much about these things, and I was reprimanded for that. But when we speak about these issues, we have to talk about them in a context...We have to find a new balance; otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel." -- Interview with Jesuit Catholic journals around the world.