Page 132 of 187 FirstFirst ... 127128129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 5584

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

VigoTheCarpathian

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    and why can't romney or ryan effectively explain their tax plan?
    If either Obama or Romney explained the real details, the public would choke on their diet soda and vote Libertarian.

Coachella Junkie

if you leave it to the states, how are pre-existing conditions covered by his "plan"?!?
    They aren't. Romney's own spokesman had to walk that back immediately after the debate.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Obama came across as a very busy man who was being forced to take time out of his very important schedule to explain what it is he does to people he has no respect for.
    Again, I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I didn't see that at all. He looked like he was taking notes and preparing his answers.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

ivy, the moderator might not have been up to snuff, but obama talked for 4-5 more minutes than romney did.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i guess i wasn't looking at the times, but rather that romney and the moderator kept butting heads on whether he should be speaking or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Apart from the fact that the political science types tend to believe that the debates don't ultimately shift votes, I think there's something important to remember about this debate: there's losing and then there's losing. On the style, Obama's performance was clearly underwhelming. But there was no real water cooler moment where he memorably lost control. He didn't make a big factual misstatement or gaffe. He didn't look at his wristwatch or sigh loudly a bunch of times or wear a lot of bad makeup. This performance was like one of Bush's from 2004, where Bush seemed generally uncomfortable and irritated with the whole process, but didn't do or say anything memorable that ultimately jeopardized his standing with the voters. I could see Romney getting a polling boost from this, but I can't imagine that Obama did lasting damage to himself, or that he's hemorrhaging votes because of this debate.

obama also didn't do a good job of talking about his accomplishments. he seemed to get a bit flustered talking about the affordable care act. i still don't understand romney's healthcare plan. if you leave it to the states, how are pre-existing conditions covered by his "plan"?!? and why can't romney or ryan effectively explain their tax plan?

and that moderator was shit. he had zero ability to cut off romney or keep the conversation within the allotted time frames.
    The biggest failure of Obama's term is not explaining to the public what the ACA does. I will never understand why they invested so much in getting it done and so little in explaining it to people. When Romney hit Obama for spending two years on health care instead of jobs, I wanted so badly for Obama to pivot and explain why the economic security of so many American families is explicitly tied up in their health care expenses or lack of access to basic health care.

The sloppiness of the debate was partly Lehrer's fault, partly Obama's fault, and partly the fault of the new freewheeling format. It was wonky and I suspect over the heads of a lot of voters. Oddly, for all of the policy, they didn't talk about much of substance. They spent a half hour arguing like Graham Chapman and John Cleese about whether Romney's tax cut for the rich is a tax cut for the rich. Lehrer's greatest failing was not just that he lost control, but more that he asked bad questions and inane follow-ups. "Do you disagree with each other?" or "Obamacare: what do you guys think about it?" is no way to clarify the issues of a presidential campaign; it just allows both sides to retreat into rehearsed answers. It was also maddening that they spent the whole time in the "jobs" pod talking about tax cuts, and almost the reminder of the debating talking about entitlement spending and the deficit. The entire universe of "domestic issues" consisted of the stuff that consumes Washington op-ed columns. Really terrible.

The Romney statement on preexisting conditions is really misleading. He's basically endorsing a long-standing existing rule that says insurers can't discriminate on the basis of pre-existing conditions as long as the insured maintains continuous coverage, which of course doesn't benefit almost everyone that the ACA was designed to help in the first place.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Obama will slam him in the next debate for flip flopin. I really did enjoy the fact that Romney straight up told Jim Lehrer he would be out of a job if he was president. Fucking balls on this guy.

Coachella Junkie

I found it odd that he would mention PBS subsidies as a cut, when that money accounts for a freakishly small percentage of the budget. Not only will I mention a monetarily-insignificant cut, Mr. Moderator, but I'll mention one that will affect you personally.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

.012% me believes
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

it's the same as the voter id scare. it's such a non-problem statistically.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    .012% me believes
    I saw .014%. But yeah. The amount of shits people should give about this debate is approximately the same number.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

The murder capital where we murder for capital

A female friend of mine made a fair point that this was a domestic policy debate and not a single policy regarding the "war on women" was discussed. Nothing about violence, equal pay, abortion rights, planned parenthood etc...

The next two are foriegn policy debates. Those should be interesting. Three hours of arguing nuance.

So is it possible, just possible, that maybe Obama was somewhat distracted because they scheduled the debate on the night of his 20th anniversary? Because I thought that was kinda fucked up.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    A female friend of mine made a fair point that this was a domestic policy debate and not a single policy regarding the "war on women" was discussed. Nothing about violence, equal pay, abortion rights, planned parenthood etc...

The next two are foriegn policy debates. Those should be interesting. Three hours of arguing nuance.
    this pisses me off. maybe i'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but this is why i refuse to vote third-party. the republicans cannot keep winning. as a woman, i feel on the defensive here. i need access to birth control for medical reasons, but that shouldn't be the only justification for using birth control. people have sex and should have a say in when they allow a fetus to live in their body for nine months.

i forget where i read it or what the actual timeframe was (cool story, bro), but i read that republican members of congress submitted roughly 1,200 bills restricting women's access to health care and abortion over like a two year period or something. abortion aside, we cannot afford restrictions on birth control. if men had to take birth control instead of us women, i find it hard to believe this would ever be an issue. men would realize a baby at a young age could threaten their chance at success.

i've also seen a few good arguments that really bring the abortion issue home for me. many anti-abortionists view the argument as though abortion being illegal would mean there would be no abortions. we should protect uneducated and desperate women from hanger methods of birth control by providing a vetted and legal method of abortion. plain and simple. there is a reason we don't have fetus funerals or require all miscarriages to be reported for investigation and to create a death certificate. a first-term fetus is not the same as a life that can live on it's own outside the mother's body.

I hate this election. I'm a Poly Sci grad, but I just despise the idea that half the country wants Mitt Romney to run the show. Retards.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    I found it odd that he would mention PBS subsidies as a cut, when that money accounts for a freakishly small percentage of the budget. Not only will I mention a monetarily-insignificant cut, Mr. Moderator, but I'll mention one that will affect you personally.
    He must appeal to skeptical evangelicals
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 10-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    So is it possible, just possible, that maybe Obama was somewhat distracted because they scheduled the debate on the night of his 20th anniversary? Because I thought that was kinda fucked up.
    I doubt it. It is probably a fair assessment to say that being the president and finding time to prepare for last night's debate is very different from the challenger, who had plenty of time to prepare for it. And I can appreciate the concept of Obama's "long game" in his management of both his presidency and his campaign for re-election. But fuk's sake he needs to show up at the next debate with a fire up his ass. Romney lied his ass off last night... and sounded good doing it. I doubt he'll try the same thing again. Obama needs to ram his A game down Mitt's throat. No prisoners. No remorse. Mitt won't go quietly. There's too much at stake.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

As I'm learning energy policy this semester, it scares me to think of the regulations that sMitt Romney wants to get rid of...

Romney says "that EPA is out of control for making stricter regulations", these restrictions insure people's safety. Coal Sludge has killed tons of people just from cleaning coal. Not to mention the changing of the Clean Water Act to help coal production on mountain top mining...
    Last edited by Geno_g; 10-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.

So the sense I'm getting is that the popular takeaway from the debate 24 hours later is drifting from "Obama got his ass kicked" to "Romney wants to fire Big Bird." Seriously. PBS is dominating Twitter and there are like five or six Politico stories about it now.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    AThree hours of arguing nuance.
    It's cute that you think this will actually happen.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    It's cute that you think this will actually happen.
    Ooh a jab!

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Africa doesn't count.

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

This shit reminds me of when my 4 year old nephew loses to me in a race across the yard, he always insists that it was a tie. Oh wait never mind this isn't even close, at least he says it's a tie and doesn't accuse me of cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

(PF I know there are a couple of words you are not suppose to post here but it is right from the internet on many sites) cr****

10 Reason Snoop won't vote for Romney .......
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

California Proposition 37.

The republicans have now reached a point of pure meltdown. Wherein lies and deception are now unabashed, full-blown tactics among their campaigns. Every republican that has any semblance of a soul or conscious has clearly left the building.

Here is the Ad Campaign against Prop. 37.

Supporters of "No on Prop. 37 include: Campbell Soup Co. (MSG'ed), Clorox Company, Coca-Cola North America, ConAgra Foods, General Mills, Inc., Hershey Company, Hormel Foods Corporation, Kellogg Company, PepsiCo, Inc.

Actual text on the sample ballot of the description of Prop 37 states:

"Proposition 37. Genetically engineered foods. Labeling. Initiative statute. Requires labeling of food sold to consumers made from plants or animals with genetic material changed in specific ways. Prohibits marketing such food, or other processed food, as "natural." Provides exemptions. Fiscal Impact: Increased annual state costs from a few hundred thousand dollars to over $1 million to regulate the labeling of genetically engineered foods. Additional, but likely not significant, governmental costs to address violations under the measure."

TL;DR

Shit is going down this November. Read your ballots carefully, bitches.