Page 99 of 180 FirstFirst ... 949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 5391

Thread: Fuck the Republican Party.

Default Re: Fuck the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    It' not unlikely, it's impossible.
    All it would take would be an economic collapse, terrorist attack or some other crisis to derail Obama. The national polls in a Obama vs Santorum match-up give Obama a ten point lead. In August 2008, McCain was leading Obama 46 to 41.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    All it would take would be an economic collapse, terrorist attack or some other crisis to derail Obama. The national polls in a Obama vs Santorum match-up give Obama a ten point lead. In August 2008, McCain was leading Obama 46 to 41.
    It is impossible. Rick Santorum will never be elected President of the United States under any circumstances.

A terrorist attack would cause Obama to lose the general election because people would theoretically throw their support behind Santorum to lead the country after something like that? That's a fistful of lunacy.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    That would be ignoreing the rest of the process. This vote isn't for President. It's for who gets to run against Obama in the General Election. If I am an Obama supporter i'm going to vote for the path that is most likely to ensure his re-election.

There is absolutley nothing about that logic that is adverse or disrespectful to the process in any way.
    If it came down to a real choice, would you want Santorum or Romney to be President? I am just saying be careful voting for something you don't want because you might get it. You can never take that vote back once it is cast.

I bet dude could throw down something fierce in a slapping fight. I wouldn't put my money on him winning or anything, but he'd give it all he's got.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

If it came down to a real choice, would you want Santorum or Romney to be President? I am just saying be careful voting for something you don't want because you might get it. You can never take that vote back once it is cast.
    I would rather have Santorum to speed up this god damned revolution. Duh.

Santorum will not be president.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

A terrorist attack would cause Obama to lose the general election because people would theoretically throw their support behind Santorum to lead the country after something like that? That's a fistful of lunacy.
    Depends what the circumstances were and whether Santorum could capitalize. But to say there was no chance it couldn't be spun by Republicans to prove Obama was weak and incompetent is naive.

There is a great number of people who will happily vote for Santorum for President over Obama.

Coachella Junkie

Depends what the circumstances were and whether Santorum could capitalize.
    No it doesn't. Have you paid attention to the man's career?

There is a great number of people who will happily vote for Santorum for President over Obama.
    The same number of people who would vote for a picture of Jesus jerking off onto In Touch magazine.
    Last edited by PotVsKtl; 02-28-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    That's disgusting. I can't believe American voters would disrespect the democratic process like that.
    Santorum has been robocalling democratic households soliciting their vote. This is hardly organic meddling.

None of this charade matters anyway. The whole thing screams 2004.

Not in Michigan.

Turning to the general-election race in November, Obama leads Romney in Michigan by nearly 20 points among registered voters, 51 to 33 percent, with 15 percent undecided.
    Against Paul, the president’s lead is 22 points (53 to 31 percent); against Santorum, it’s 26 points (55 to 29 percent); and against Gingrich, it’s 28 points (56 to 28 percent).
    What’s more, 51 percent of registered Michigan voters approve of Obama’s job; 63 percent of them believe the auto industry bailout was a good idea (including 61 percent of independents and 42 percent of likely GOP primary voters); and a majority think the president deserves credit for the auto industry’s recovery.
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ads-in-arizona

Two things more likely than a terrorist attack to fuck everything up in unpredictable ways, possibly throwing an otherwise winable election to a fringe figure like Rick Santorum: 1) European austerity measures and/or debt defaults dragging down global economic recovery, 2) Israel starting a war with Iran.

As much as I personally loathe Mitt Romney on a personal level, and as much as I worry that he would be the most conservative president in our nation's history (due to the fact that his inherent ideological malleability and political weakness would make him a four-year hostage to his party's extreme base), I still have a hard time fully rooting for a Santorum victory because it might give him a chance of actually becoming president.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie

You people are out of your minds. Santorum is an openly theocratic absurdity. He says the 2008 recession was caused by gas prices. He recently said that reading JFK's speech on keeping the Pope out of politics made him want to throw up. He took his dead baby home and slept with it. His remaining family looks like this:

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Santorum
    In far too many families with young children, both parents are working, when, if they really took an honest look at the budget, they might confess that both of them really don’t need to, or at least may not need to work as much as they do… And for some parents, the purported need to provide things for their children simply provides a convenient rationalization for pursuing a gratifying career outside the home.

Obama should tap one of his hollywood friends to make a disturbing minuet informercial reenacting the Santorum family trauma of bringing home a stillborn to spend the night with.

Reading over my last post, I realize that I "personally loathe Mitt Romney on a personal level." Those are some strong personal feelings.

Apparently there is a name for this. It's Operationhilarity on twitter. There are very passionate people on both sides of the vote for Santorum debate.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/operationhilarity

There is only one way that Santorum can become president, and that is by an unmistakable Christian event of a gigantic magnitude. Of course, the likelihood would not be of God speaking from the heavens and claiming Santorum as our savior, but Santorum using his magic as the Anti-Christ to conquer the presidency.

However, seeing as Christianity will never prove true, Santorum will never become president.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Big, unexpected news: Olympia Snowe is retiring, greatly increasing the odds that the Democrats can retain control of the Senate for two more years.

RINOs will be extinct soon.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    That's disgusting.
    ha!

The emergence of a third party independent in the general probably won't materialize this time, but if there ever is one I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the (far) right; it really should start from the center.
    Last edited by obzen; 02-28-2012 at 09:57 PM.

I wonder if this is 'disgusting' enough to make Santorum want to throw up.

Flashback: Romney voted in '92 Dem primaries
    By NBC's Mark Murray and Garrett Haake

As Mitt Romney criticizes Rick Santorum for encouraging Democrats to vote in today's Michigan GOP primary -- "I think Republicans have to recognize there's a real effort to kidnap our primary process," he said today -- it is worth remembering that Romney said he voted for a Democrat in the 1992 primaries to help the GOP.

Rebecca Cook / Reuters

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney greets supporters during a stop at his Michigan campaign headquarters in Livonia February 28, 2012.

During his '08 White House bid, it was revealed that Romney voted for Paul Tsongas (D) in the 1992 Democratic primaries. Romney's explanation at the time: "When there was no real contest in the Republican primary, I'd vote in the Democrat primary, vote for the person who I thought would be the weakest opponent for a Republican."

Here's the transcript from a Feb. 18, 2007 ABC interview:

ABC: Let me talk about your political journey. You were an independent, a registered independent in the 1980s. You voted for Paul Tsongas as Democrat in the 1992 primaries. Now you've describe yourself as a Reagan Republican.

MITT ROMNEY: Kind of a mischaracterization. In Massachusetts if you register as an independent you can you vote on either the Republican or Democrat primary. When there was no real contest in the Republican primary, I'd vote in the Democrat primary, vote for the person who I thought would be the weakest opponent for a Republican… But let me tell you, in the general election, I don't recall ever once voting for anyone other than a Republican. So, yeah, as an independent I'll go in and play in their primary but I'm a Republican and have been through my life. I was with Young Republicans when I was in college back at Stanford. But a registered independent so I could vote in either primary.

At his press avail today, Romney was asked about his vote for Tsongas in the 1992 Democratic primaries.

Romney responded: "It’s very different running for -- being a candidate for president, buying ads, and telling Democrats to go, to go mess into a Republican primary and to vote against me."

He continued, "In my case, I was certainly voting against the Democrat who I thought was the person I thought would be the worst leader of our nation. In this case, as I recall, it was Bill Clinton. I wanted someone other than Bill Clinton. And certainly and against -- I voted against Ted Kennedy, Tip O’Neill, and Bill Clinton. It seemed like a good group to be against."

Santorum gaining that many delegates in Michigan shouldn't be touted as a Romney win by the media. The guy fucking grew up there and beat McCain by 9% in 2008. This should be an embarrassment but now it's "Romney Strong Heading Into Super Tuesday." I don't know how a milquetoast like Romney can be portrayed as strong in a landslide, let alone having to spend way too much money in his home state.

99% of American women use, or have used, birth control. I hope Santorum gets the nomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

Andrew Brietbart is dead. Most likely from a liberal conspiracy.

I cannot wait until the primaries are done and over with and this dude has to debate Obama. Regardless of what he lacks as a President, Obama is an exceptional orator, and it's going to be delicious watching Romney have to debate someone who isn't mentally stunted to the level of a 14 year old.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

People that don't think Santorum has a chance in hell are delusional and should remember the south has the populace and stands behind conviction (even retarded conviction) over common sense. Anyone remember 2004?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie

The latest bill -- which is scheduled to be discussed by a legislative committee for a second time on Wednesday -- contains a number of provisions which would give the state one of the most sweeping anti-abortion laws in the nation. Among the provisions is one which would exempt doctors from malpractice suits if they withhold information -- in order to prevent an abortion -- that could have prevented a health problem for the mother or child. A wrongful death suit could be filed in the event of the death of the mother.

Other provisions include requiring women to hear the fetal heartbeat prior to an abortion, taking away tax credits for abortion providers and removing tax deductions for abortion-related insurance. The bill also requires that women be told that abortions would increase the risk of breast cancer, a controversial theory that the World Health Organization, the National Cancer Institute and gynecological groups in the United States and the United Kingdom have said is incorrect.
    But hey, my "fiscal conservatism" requires me to vote for these people. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    People that don't think Santorum has a chance in hell are delusional and should remember the south has the populace and stands behind conviction (even retarded conviction) over common sense. Anyone remember 2004?
    I have a lot of tax clients that are white and over 55. Whenever they come in my office, we usually end up talking politics because of taxes. Nearly everyone one of these says this line 'I don't agree with Santorum on many things, but I get where he is coming from. I'd vote for him against Obama'.

A lot of Americans base their votes/politics on gut, rather than their heads. Pretty much how George W Bush won the Presidency.