Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2079

Thread: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Default Re: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

God I cannot recommend TLC's new series CROWN CHASERS enough. Seriously. Just meet Jocelyn. http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/crown-ch...et-jocelyn.htm

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Just got around to this. Four episodes in, I can't think of anything better I've seen this year, including The Americans.
    After seeing you and Hannah mention it, I watched the first season over the course of the past few weeks. I liked it a lot. Not a great show in my book, but still a really good one. I'm really interested to see what happens next. Abigail Spencer is gorgeous.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I've been watching Orange is the New Black and i don't know if i like it. It's surprisingly consistent with the experience i had in jail minus the female prison thing, but I really can't figure out their target demo. 30-45 year old female ex cons? It's very slow with mostly terrible acting. I see a decent amount of potential in the show and enjoy the Lost style flashbacks, but outside that i can't figure out why I keep watching. Im waiting for something to happen; i feel like everyone at the Phoenix show last year. Has anyone seen it? Any thoughts?
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

I watch a lot of fluff just because I have time, Camp would definitely fit the bill. What to me is interesting, it's on a 9:00 pm here on network tv. It seems like everyone on the show is fucking someone cept the people that are trying to fuck someone. The first show they dealt a bit about glbt when some kid kept saying "faggy" and "so gay" to these two guys that were together. The kids are doing bongs and drinking all the time. Strange show ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    I've been watching Orange is the New Black and i don't know if i like it. It's surprisingly consistent with the experience i had in jail minus the female prison thing, but I really can't figure out their target demo. 30-45 year old female ex cons? It's very slow with mostly terrible acting. I see a decent amount of potential in the show and enjoy the Lost style flashbacks, but outside that i can't figure out why I keep watching. Im waiting for something to happen; i feel like everyone at the Phoenix show last year. Has anyone seen it? Any thoughts?
    It seems like after the success and massively positive reviews of House of Cards that suddenly Netflix was viewed as this upper or at least mid-upper tier creative outlet, in regards to their original programming. I watched the trailer for Hemlock Grove and forever dismissed the idea that Netflix would be an institution that would be competing with HBO, AMC, or even Showtime anytime soon. Awful.

I haven't watched Orange is the New Black, and likely won't unless I hear good things about it the way I did when House of Cards premiered.

I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    It seems like after the success and massively positive reviews of House of Cards that suddenly Netflix was viewed as this upper or at least mid-upper tier creative outlet, in regards to their original programming. I watched the trailer for Hemlock Grove and forever dismissed the idea that Netflix would be an institution that would be competing with HBO, AMC, or even Showtime anytime soon. Awful.

I haven't watched Orange is the New Black, and likely won't unless I hear good things about it the way I did when House of Cards premiered.
    I started watching over the weekend and i really like this show. Got about halfway thru the season. There were definitely some stupid scenes (the main character piper forgetting she has a screwdriver in her jacket??), but in terms of acting, i don't think the actresses are terrible. Can you give me examples of who (maybe) which episodes you feel had the terrible acting?

The flashback scenes definitely help flesh out the characters, but I think my favorite part of the show is the "dyke drama" between Laura Prepon and Piper. They have great chemistry and I can't think of another movie or TV show that has had such an interesting storyline for a bisexual (?) character.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    4/9 The Knife@Fox Pomona - Coachella W1 - 4/15 Bonobo@Glass House - 4/16 Little Dragon@Pappy's - Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Can you give me examples of who (maybe) which episodes you feel had the terrible acting?

The flashback scenes definitely help flesh out the characters, but I think my favorite part of the show is the "dyke drama" between Laura Prepon and Piper. They have great chemistry and I can't think of another movie or TV show that has had such an interesting storyline for a bisexual (?) character.
    I really enjoy that part of the show as well. The bad acting hmmm.... The one girl from New York does a pretty poor accent. I think the lead is a poor actor actually. I can't remember the episode but do you remember when she started crying on Jason Biggs shoulder? That was bad. Real bad. I haven't seen a bunch of episodes with Pensatucky but it seems like she lacks the range to play that part. (Not the meth part, the Christian part.)

On the writing. Why does it seem like the cop has never had sex before? And why on her second day in fucking prison is she asking one of the blacks for cocoa butter? I understand its tv. But that is bad. Right?

lol, Laura Prepon and Jason Biggs are in this!? And it's trying to pass itself off as a serious show?

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I really enjoy that part of the show as well. The bad acting hmmm.... The one girl from New York does a pretty poor accent. I think the lead is a poor actor actually. I can't remember the episode but do you remember when she started crying on Jason Biggs shoulder? That was bad. Real bad. I haven't seen a bunch of episodes with Pensatucky but it seems like she lacks the range to play that part. (Not the meth part, the Christian part.)

On the writing. Why does it seem like the cop has never had sex before? And why on her second day in fucking prison is she asking one of the blacks for cocoa butter? I understand its tv. But that is bad. Right?
    I just read on wiki that Pensatucky is TARYN MANNING...mind blown. as far as range, i don't think she needs a lot of depth to play the "christian" part because it's supposed to be just a methhead spouting a bunch of "christian" bullshit. in regards to crying, i think 99% of crying in movies and TV shows makes for bad TV. I hate criers, gets on my nerves, so i usually just ignore that portion.

As for asking for the cocoa butter, she did end up trading her hair, so it's not inconceivable that she'd ask or the fact that she shouldn't ask a black person because the place she got it from is the "beauty shop" which everyone uses.

@Chris - it's not a drama, more dramedy. but Jason Biggs is pretty horrible.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    4/9 The Knife@Fox Pomona - Coachella W1 - 4/15 Bonobo@Glass House - 4/16 Little Dragon@Pappy's - Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

It's consistent with your time in federal prison except for the whole female prisoner part? So what, males in federal prison in real life are similarly one dimensional? God these episodes fucking drag on. The set up of each character's back story/why they're in there is so fucking Screenplay 101, coupled with the typical Jenji Kohan white female pity-me-fish-outta-water shtick and Jason Biggs. Ugh. I just finished the fourth episode and don't even want to subject myself to any more today.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I watched the trailer for Hemlock Grove and forever dismissed the idea that Netflix would be an institution that would be competing with HBO, AMC, or even Showtime anytime soon. Awful.
    I totally get it. I remember writing off HBO after watching a commercial for Arli$$ back in 1996. They never rebounded, did they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

X-Files and Twin Peaks are coming to Blu-Ray... count me in, mostly on the later.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

It's consistent with your time in federal prison except for the whole female prisoner part? So what, males in federal prison in real life are similarly one dimensional?

Although I know you're being sarcastic. I was referring more to the terms they use, and schedules they keep.

Wait till you get to the comically preposterous, absurdly drawn out chicken episode!

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW IS NOW STREAMING ON NETFLIX

I started watching Orange is the New Black today, and I really like it so far.
    I dunno what the bad acting comments here are about (well, maybe the black girl with short hair, but that's about it so far).

And lolz, Captain Janeway and the woman who voiced Patti Mayonnaise from DOUG are in the show

Last edited by HunterGather; 07-26-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Watched the season finale of Orange is theNew Black and holy shit, what a great way to setup season 2. Hope it comes back soon.

Just finished the finale, too.
    Oh, Piper. You know what's going to happen to you now, don't you?

Really like this show. There's a couple of quirks I don't like, but eh (such as the over-the-top prison guard, Mendez).
    Taryn Manning is great as religious nutjob, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

I wish my replacement debit card would hurry up and get here so I can reactivate my Netflix. I feel like I'm missing out, here!

I just got caught up with The Newsroom and season 2 is still really good, but definitely going through some growing pains. it looks like it's about to pick up again in the next few episodes though.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Newsroom=one of the greatest pilot episodes ive ever seen

the whole series has been great so far. season 2 was a little strange at first since it started with the (presumed) end of season 2 and then went back to tell the story.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Watched the season finale of Orange is theNew Black and holy shit, what a great way to setup season 2. Hope it comes back soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    Just finished the finale, too.
    Oh, Piper. You know what's going to happen to you now, don't you?

Really like this show. There's a couple of quirks I don't like, but eh (such as the over-the-top prison guard, Mendez).
    Taryn Manning is great as religious nutjob, though.
    Semi-interesting article published in today's New York Times about the story behind the story: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/04/fa...-onscreen.html

Helen needs to go. Enough with the cheerleading.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

This week's Under the Dome was probably my favorite episode so far.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Just finished the fifth and final season of The Wire. I'm sure the show has already been talked to death on here, but, man what a magnificent achievement. Unquestionably one of the greatest tv dramas ever produced. That being said, I found the fifth season quite disappointing. The whole newsroom plot felt a bit too didactic. I suppose that was difficult to avoid given the creator's origins as a journalist, but that thread never worked for me. And the whole serial killer plot became ridiculous. I wish they'd found another way to showcase police corruption. I'll admit that the first time McNulty staged one of those "serial killings" it was truly shocking watching our [relatively] good guy go over to the dark side, but the plot just got a bit too silly for my taste. Season 4 was definitely the series' pinnacle. The central plot of the school system and the largely forgotten children was a total knock out. Every single one of those kids was a stunner. I think that season will stick with me the longest.

3 and 4 were the true winners of the series, and I'd have to agree that Season 4 is the one that stands out the most. What a great show though.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Someday I'll get around to watching all of The Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad. Right now I'm watching this:

I am a 35-year old boy.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Helen out and Judd deservedly back in the house after he was wrongly outed. Did some fast forwarding through six episodes to catch up. It's a terrible show and I'm terrible for watching it. But it's too late to turn back now!

Damn it! I hadn't seen yesterdays episode yet. My fault for clicking on this thread. Having a DVR and computer access is tough, I always know the outcome of my shows prior to actually seeing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

sawwy

They had a jurors battle to re-enter the house between four people including Helen. Judd won. Then Elissa won HOH and put Arryn and Mccray on the block.

Personally pulling for Judd or Spencer. Andy has been too much of a floater and don't really care for any of the women left.

I would also like it if Judd won, of the women I would like Elissa to win, but would prefer if any of the guys win over her. This is one of my guilty pleasure shows, but then again, I feel guilty about most of the shows I watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.