Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2079

Thread: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Default Re: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Anthony Bourdain's new CNN show, Parts Unknown, begins airing on April 14. First episode was filmed in Myanmar.
    I'm so glad we get to share that condescending prick with the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    I think Shakira and Usher fit better on the show.
    Agreed, absolutely loved Shakira!!! And Usher was pretty good as well. Loved the collective Beatles jam they did. Going to be an awesome season.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Bates Motel was pretty good last night. big brother is a total jerk though. did I miss something about the guy on fire? was one of the Bates people somehow responsible for that? did mama bates set him on fire because of the bypass?

No idea what was up with the guy on fire. One minute theyre running out of the pot fields, the next Norma is driving through town and comes across the corpse. They probably go hand in hand. I was thinking theres some kind of mutual agreement going on and when the kids stumbled across the pot they broke some treaty or crossed some boundary. I missed the first 15 minutes and didnt stay up late enough to rewatch it.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post

No idea what was up with the guy on fire. One minute theyre running out of the pot fields, the next Norma is driving through town and comes across the corpse. They probably go hand in hand. I was thinking theres some kind of mutual agreement going on and when the kids stumbled across the pot they broke some treaty or crossed some boundary. I missed the first 15 minutes and didnt stay up late enough to rewatch it.
    Definitely rewatch the first 15 minutes and it'll make a lot more sense.

blu ray box set. Hayyyyy

Downloaded the first few episodes of that new Kevin Bacon n Eggs serial killer show, but haven't taken a gander yet.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    when you posted about the pot fields I had no idea what you were talking about so I went back and watched the last half again. I must have fallen asleep at some point and missed all of that part and didn'tsee the guy hanging from the flagpole at the end of the episode. the scene I was referring to was in the very first scenes so you must have missed it since you missed the beginning. when brother went to catch the bus for school he was talking to that group of girls and this car came speeding down the road barely under control. it crashed into the side of the road a little down the ways and whatshername said it was her fathers car. the father was inside also on fire and I have no idea why or how it happened. he had some construction business or something and that's why I assumed mother had something to do with it because of the bypass, but now I don't think so. now I think it's big brother since he just stepped into the picture and this stuff started happening.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

This compassionate, supportive, "it's a condition" shit on Hoarders is such a load of crock. You know what would make this TV show so much better? If someone went in there with a rubber mallet and beat the hoarder upside the head, yelling, "You fucking disgusting miserable piece of shit and failure as a human being," every time they started to cry about their decades old box of toothpicks being thrown away.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

"The One with the Flashback" is SO contrived
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    This compassionate, supportive, "it's a condition" shit on Hoarders is such a load of crock. You know what would make this TV show so much better? If someone went in there with a rubber mallet and beat the hoarder upside the head, yelling, "You fucking disgusting miserable piece of shit and failure as a human being," every time they started to cry about their decades old box of toothpicks being thrown away.
    If I can get my hands on a camera, do you want to develop a pilot with me, with you as the host?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    If I can get my hands on a camera, do you want to develop a pilot with me, with you as the host?
    YES.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I see that my hammer/brick philosophy is really catching on. Rubber mallets are great too though. They're nice and light and have a bigger surface area so you don't just go through their skull.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

You two need to watch a cancelled FX series called Starved. They had a eating disorder "support" group called Belt Tightener. Every time someone shared a relapse they were called a disgusting fat pig and the group chanted "it's not okay.." Steal everything you need from their plot lines no one watched that fucking show.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

wasnt really too impressed with Hannibal.... cant really stand the guy playing him. Id say id give it another shot next week... but ill be at COACHELLA
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

didn't catch on with the Kevin Bacon show, but really liking Mates Motel an episode-and-a-half in. Incestuous overtones with the Mom (her crooked teeth mouth is so sexy). Richard from Lost is on there too.

i still want to like The Following. I really do. I didn't watch last night's episode yet, but it just seems to be dragging now. I'm sure there will be a twist coming up towards the end of the season though.

Bates Motel isn't bad at all. I didn't like big brother that much at first, but he's starting to grow on me.
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

big brother is now my favorite character on the show... shit he got Norman laid last night. The show keeps getting better every week. What are some thoughts on Norman's psychosis? Did he really see the asian chick in the cop's basement? Or was he imagining it, like his mom sitting on the edge of his bed, telling him "You know what you must do."?
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 04-09-2013 at 01:50 PM.

I'm still trying to figure that out, too. at first I thought it was part of his psychosis, but that cop just puts off a really weird vibe --especially during the fishing trip and after Mother was brought in for questioning.
    • 2012 • 2013

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    i dunno, the lady who ate some black moldy shit from a jar to prove it ok HAS to have some sort of condition. either way, that show makes me ill. i cannot watch.

but i did watch vice on hbo. it's on friday's after bill maher. glad it's only a half-hour, but i liked it. anyone else watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

The most recent episode of Bates Motel was pretty good. Even though I didn't really care for Big Brother at first, he's pretty much my favorite now. I figured that Norman was the one that killed his father once we learned about the trance/blackout thing but it was still cool to see. no more deputy guy, thankfully. he bugged me. I wonder if the girl will ever be seen again?

I'm glad I stuck with the following too. I keep watching and wonder to myself how the could do a season 2 for this show, but I'm really looking forward to next week's finale.
    • 2012 • 2013

He's starting to get there, isn't he? THe "fixing" of his dead dog, the infuriating look at his old one-night-stand flame. Think his brother will probably fuck her too. When is Norman going to fuck Mom?

I was on a murder television spree last night. 2 episodes of Hannibal, the finale of The Following and then I started the most recent Bates Motel before I fell asleep part way through it.

The Following finale was kind of disappointing.
    • 2012 • 2013

My hubby is trying to get me into Hannibal so we can watch it together but I'm pretty indifferent. Is it worth it to get into this?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

not really. I tend to let a few episodes pile up and only watch them when there's nothing better on. I typically hate crime dramas though, so I'm not the best person to ask. as far as boring crime dramas go, this is better than average I guess. I like Will though (the main special agent guy) and the actor that plays Hannibal does a good job.
    • 2012 • 2013

Solid episode of Bates Motel tonight. Loved the "Dharma Beer" Dylan was drinking on his road trip.

NHL Playoffs are cutting in to my TV time. Hopefully I can watch the latest episode of Bate's Motel tonight after the game

in other news, The IT Crowd is getting one final episode to wrap things up! hooray!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/07/th...usiello+Files)
    • 2012 • 2013

Is anybody watching Rectify?

Lookout for a sneek peak of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight during the finale of Once Upon a Time!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

The Office!
    One more ep left
    I've consistently enjoyed the show throughout the years. I dunno wtf people rambled on at times about how it sucks. It was even just fine when Steve Carrell left.

And in the show, is the show in the show simply a one shot documentary? I thought the show in the show was going to be a series (unless they all simply were gathering for the premiere episode).

Seems to be a one shot doc. I thought The Office was pretty weak for a bit after Carell left but found it's footing again during the Florida storyline last season.They have been wrapping up the series pretty well this season.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Then why are they still filming the doc?
    I mean, it just seems silly that they were filmed for 9 years all for what may be a 2 hour documentary, or something.

But I think I remember an ad of the show in the show about it being a show.