Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2079

Thread: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Default Re: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    "What kind of sick game is this?" - a disgusted contestant on Next. Great. Baker.

"Going from modeling to decorating cakes was quite a transition," - former model/baking contestant.

"I live alone, and I carry my own grocery bags. I'm an independent woman," - a non-model contestant
    I somehow missed all of these quotes. Which one is the former model, which is the independent woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    First episode of Utopia was excellent. Is it on in the US?

In short - a graphic novel that seemed to predict the future. Turns out there is a second unpublished volume, and lots of shady people are trying to get their hands on it.

Just make sure you are not eating during the torture scene.
    I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Heard the second episode was a big step down.

A second run of Black Mirror starts on the 28th, which I'm very excited about. The National Anthem is still the most affecting bit of tv I think I've seen, even if the non-Brooker episodes weren't nearly as strong.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    Last night's episode of GIRLS was really good
    first rule of giving a significant other a key or password is to retrieve said key or password the second you break-up with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

The past few months I have gone on an absolute tear watching shows that I have heard were good by word of mouth but have never bothered to watch before. Since November I have watched the entirety of, in order: Homeland, Oz, The Wire, Breaking Bad. Thought Homeland season 1 was really good, but season 2 was lacking. Oz and the Wire were both amazing. Breaking Bad equally addicting, despite not being able to deeply explore ethnic/religious/sociopolitical themes like Oz/the Wire. Now, on to the next show.

I'm deciding between the Walking Dead, True Blood, and Californication. Which of these 3 should I watch next? I will eventually watch all 3. Just wondering which should be next. Bonus points if you're caught up with all 3. Or at least the first two supernatural ones, so you can objectively say which of those two you like more. For what it's worth, I think Twilight fans are weirdos. I don't know why but I have yet to come across a passionate fan of both Walking Dead and True Blood. People seem to only love one or the other.

Also on the backburner (because I'm headed to law school) I eventually want to watch Suits, and Damages. Any insight on those two shows as well would be helpful. It's been a very long time since there was a legal show on air that I actually enjoyed (The Practice).
    Last edited by ManImCool; 01-31-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Walking Dead. True Blood is good in the first two seasons, and after that it's just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

wife swap:

new wife "your house smells like cat shit"

husband "you keep demeanering me" "i'm dealing with sasquatch man, she's got man hands"

walking dead is a must watch! I like true blood a lot too, but like Amy said, it's been going downhill lately. I still can't stop watching though.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I started watching The West Wing for the first time a couple weeks ago and i am totally, obsessively hooked. it's amazing.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Looking forward to the 30 Rock finale tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I started watching The West Wing for the first time a couple weeks ago and i am totally, obsessively hooked. it's amazing.
    I've been meaning to watch this forever but just can't find the motivation. What got you to go for it?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I tried to start that series a few years ago but stopped after 3 episodes when work got really busy and then never started back up. it's still in the top 5 in my netflix queue but I guess it's just a little intimidating for me to start a show with so many seasons. some day!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar • 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo • 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Thank fucking god 30 rock is over. It's community time bitches!!!!!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I've been meaning to watch this forever but just can't find the motivation. What got you to go for it?
    I had had the first season dvd set that i borrowed from someone sitting in my place for like a year. One night my internet wasn't working and I was packing boxes and wanted to put something on so i finally went for it and I ended up watching 5 episodes in one night. Then, by pure coincidence, the whole series just got dumped onto Netflix instant, so i've been plowing through it. It's not what i was expecting at all, even though i was already an Aaron Sorkin fan.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Ep 3 of Utopia was the darkest yet - Can see the US conspiracy theorists having a field day with that one, if it even gets shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

The Americans pilot on FX was pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

So what the hell happened to David Fincher? House of Cards looked great, had a great cast but like his last two films was just kind of bland.

Also with the advent of netflix and amazon only content would be consider that as Television? Does it fit this thread?

Tracy Morgan is like a black man wearing black face.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Watch Walking Dead and Damages first and foremost. Keep True Blood for sometime you're really high, and hold off on Californication till you're in a sex-induced hate spiral.

And if you REALLY loved The Wire and Oz, do yourself a big favor and go back to watch "Homicide: Life on the Street" start to finish. It's a fantastic series that didn't benefit from coming in a time when TV shows were allowed to take risks.. but by the same Wire/Oz guys, and featuring a bunch of the same players here and there.

Homicide is one of my all-time favorite shows, and my wife just finished watching all seven seasons Even the bad episodes are good, and the great episodes are like mini-movies that push every part of the human experience. It's not just "Law & Order" in Baltimore.

Thanks for the input. Homicide wasn't even on my radar but I'll give it a shot after Walking Dead (just started it, already addicted) and Damages.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It was great until Sorkin bailed and then it became one of the most painful imitations of something once good I've ever witnessed. You'll be able to tell because after he leaves they brought in a director who apparently believed that the secret to creating drama on television was to have INCREDIBLY HIGHLY CONTRASTING LIGHTING SCHEMES. EVERYONE NEEDS TO ALWAYS HAVE HALF THEIR FACE BATHED IN TOTAL DARKNESS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The Americans pilot on FX was pretty great.
    agreed, i was surprised at how graphic it was for not being on hbo/showtime

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomena View Post
    So what the hell happened to David Fincher? House of Cards looked great, had a great cast but like his last two films was just kind of bland.
    I am vaguely interested but haven't watched yet. Part of me wants to watch just because I think this is a good distribution method.

Also with the advent of netflix and amazon only content would be consider that as Television? Does it fit this thread?
    Unless there's really something crazy about it I think it makes a lot of sense to include in here.

Then again I also think it'd make sense to talk about say Blood and Chrome or even Sex House here; others may be more picky.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I watched the first two episodes. How far did you get?
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I finished it. First few episodes were good then It takes a turn for the worst. I don't want to go into too much detail until others finish or give up on it.

Oh boy. I'll check out a couple more.

I know I talk about this show a lot, but Sunday's episode of GIRLS was fucking great. This is coming to be a phenomenal series, this season 10x better than the first.

4/17 Pixies @ Pappy & Harriets
    4/26 Desert Daze @ Sunset Ranch Oasis
    5/26 Panda Bear @ Pappy & Harriets
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium

I know I talk about this show a lot, but Sunday's episode of GIRLS was fucking great. This is coming to be a phenomenal series, this season 10x better than the first.
    agreed.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I preferred the first season compared to what it's been so far. Feels, you should start a thread.. There is discussion on the Girls only thread on this subject also.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I am really enjoying Girls as well. I usually get a few good laughs out of each episode.

The Americans was great as well.

I have had to give up on quite a few shows since moving in with the boys and giving up my DVR. So I am now going through netflix shows a lot more quickly since I don't have cable in my room. I am now watching Sopranos and Walking Dead. I am only on the 2nd episode of Sopranos but I can see myself getting through this one pretty quickly, I didn't want to turn it off last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.