Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2261

Thread: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Default Re: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Who else loves Veep? I love JLD so maybe I'm biased, but she is so good in this. So glad it's back tonight.
    All I want to do is watch but HBOGO's server is pooping its pants right now. I assume due to the Game of Thrones premier being recently posted to the site as well.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

That Shameless season finale tonight.

Poor Ian. My eyes starting welling up at Mickeys reaction to the whole situation.

I finally caught up on House of Cards. Magnificent.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

Just started Veep a day or two ago. While watching some show on HBO Go, I kept seeing ads for the new season with Julia Louis-Dreyfus throwing a hissy fit and busting up a bunch of balloons that had me laughing so I'm giving it a shot. Didn't realize it was the guy who did In The Loop until I read the write up on the AV Club. Two eps in and I'm interested, although it's pretty dense. If ever there was a show I could use subtitles for, it's this one, but HBO Go doesn't like providing those.

Also, @midnight has been pretty consistently hilarious lately. Really glad there's a Tosh.0 for people who aren't retards. It's especially gratifying when two or three comedians are on who work with one another regularly as their built up rapport usually leads to better jokes during the games. The show in general could use some slight retooling, some times the "omgfunnyinternetthing" takes precedent and doesn't give the comedians a lot of room to work, especially during the segments where they just have to guess between two things, but the really good comedians usually find a way to slip a few jokes into those anyway, so it really only drags when you've got people who aren't very good at improv or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of Fargo tonight. They really did a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of the film while expanding on that particular premise from the film (nice guy/pushover runs into evil influence) and delving into the characters from surrounding community. The balance of twisted humor and grisly moral dilemmas was excellent. I was also impressed by the acting of Billy Bob. I figured Martin Freeman would do a great job but Thorton has really stolen the show so far. I would highly recommend watching for anyone who loves the movie or the work of the Coen brothers in general.
    Last edited by zachattacks11; 04-15-2014 at 08:21 PM.

There is not one fucking time that I've seen this thread at the top of the misc lounge that I don't immediately associate the spelling of Cathode with CATHETER.

Every fucking time.
    Last edited by vogina; 04-15-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

I can't be the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by zachattacks11 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of Fargo tonight. They really did a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of the film while expanding on that particular premise from the film (nice guy/pushover runs into evil influence) and delving into the characters from surrounding community. The balance of twisted humor and grisly moral dilemmas was excellent. I was also impressed by the acting of Billy Bob. I figured Martin Freeman would do a great job but Thorton has really stolen the show so far. I would highly recommend watching for anyone who loves the movie or the work of the Coen brothers in general.
    Yeah. It started out a bit overly cartoon-y (the way Lester spun into the window and his eyes crossed as he fainted), but was a solid episode overall. I'm still not quite convinced that this "reboot" is necessary, but Thornton in addition to the fact that the Coens are exec prod.'ing the whole thing will keep me coming back.
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Yeah. It started out a bit overly cartoon-y (the way Lester spun into the window and his eyes crossed as he fainted), but was a solid episode overall. I'm still not quite convinced that this "reboot" is necessary, but Thornton in addition to the fact that the Coens are exec prod.'ing the whole thing will keep me coming back.
    Yeah I see your point. I think so far its a very detailed replication of the film, but I'm curious to see where they go with this from here on out. The Coen's being very involved with this makes me optimistic that even in a worst case scenario where the show is nothing more than a 10 hour version of the movie, its still very entertaining and supported by a pretty stacked cast overall. But so far they have my attention so I'll have to wait and see what they chose to do.

This is not a reboot or remake or recreation of the movie. The events in this story took place in 2006. Fargo was released in 1996. I think this is just another story told in the same setting with similar style. I like it for the most part so far. I especially like the lighting and colors and scenery that are similar to the movie. I don't think the accents are as fun to listen to on the show yet. Still great fun so far.
    Last edited by chunk; 04-17-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    This is not a reboot or remake or recreation of the movie. The events in this story took place in 2006. Fargo was released in 1996. I think this is just another story told in the same setting with similar style.
    Yep. That's why I put "reboot" in quotes, at a loss for what else to call it.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Silicon Valley is hilarious. Loving it three episodes in!

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Also, HBO apparently cut a deal with Amazon to stream some of its older shows. Netflix isn't happy about this news, I'm sure.

Story here.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I got a Roku about a month ago, and I love it. I've been watching Parks and Recreation (finished season 3) and season 4 of Archer (the Sea Tunt 2-parter was great). Probably catch up on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia next.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

The Parks and Rec season finale was incredible. One of the best episodes of the entire series.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Yo la Tengo as Bobby Knight Ranger was brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The Parks and Rec season finale was incredible. One of the best episodes of the entire series.
    Agreed. I loved The Decemberists and Hologram Lil Sebastian.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Can we discuss commercials in here
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I'll allow it.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I don't get the Cougar Life commercial where there's some sort of double entendre about "chocolate milk."
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

AXSTV is broadcasting 3 days of Stagecoach. Katey Sagal is on now playing in one of the tents. That's surreal. She actually has quite a bio but I still only see Peggy most of the time .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    AXSTV is broadcasting 3 days of Stagecoach. Katey Sagal is on now playing in one of the tents. That's surreal. She actually has quite a bio but I still only see Peggy most of the time .... cr****
    Yeah, my favorite episode of Married with Children is the one where the Bundys went to Mexico and Al fucked a bunch of underage prostitutes and then Peg was like, "Aaaaaaaaallll" and Al was like, "Day in the life" and then the old pervert was beaten within an inch of his life by the prostitutes' brothers. And I think Kelly wore acid-washed jeans. Good episode.
    Last edited by roberto73; 04-26-2014 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Community cancelled. For realsies this time. Truly the darkest timeline.

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

That sucks!

I really thought they would make it to six seasons and a movie. I didn't expect season 5, so I figured NBC would just go along with it.

Hopefully Netflix or somebody will pick it up to do one more season (...and a movie).

Last edited by HunterGather; 05-09-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Last Week Tonight doesn't stray very far from John Oliver's wheelhouse, with obvious debts to the Daily Show and the Bugle podcast, but it's been enjoyable so far. He pretty much gets free reign to cover what he wants at will for a full 30 minutes, which means he can really get into issues a bit more thoroughly (and profanely; thanks HBO!) than the Daily Show. It's also seems to have more of a focus on worldwide news rather than Jon Stewart's predilection for domestic politics. Although the best bit of the first two episodes is the takedown of the use of the death penalty in the US. Even though it's not exactly filling any niche that isn't already being filled elsewhere, I hope it sticks around.

Silicon Valley has been pretty fun so far too. There's still quite a few jokes that don't totally land, but I'm willing to give anything a bit of slack that puts Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr, and Zach Woods in main character roles. Those three are consistently the highlights, although the main guy is pretty good at playing a naive dork who is in way over his head. The biggest weak link is TJ Miller, but I feel like most sitcoms these days have that guy who plays it a bit too broad but brings in a bit of crazy energy, and he's a hell of a lot more tolerable than Ken Jeong, so it's not a dealbreaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Fargo is getting really good now. Elements from the original story from the movie are being woven in to this one. You find out what happened to the money Steve Buscemi hid.

Halt and Catch Fire premiers on Tumblr? 2 weeks before airing on AMC...weird, can't wait to give it a shot
    Papi Piratón!

Hey Ron, same TV question as before.

Anyone know of any legit (or not-legit) ways of watching a live feed of broadcast stations (NBC, CBS, Fox) via desktop or tablet? A friend of mine is nominated for a Tony award. I was going to be going to a viewing party with some friends in celebration of pal's big day, but just found out I'll actually be on a work trip at the time it airs. I still would like to watch it live, but I don't think there's a way for me to do that -- perhaps I'm wrong? Unfortunately, at the particular time the show airs, I will be free, but won't have access to a tv. I will have access to a laptop, an ipad, a Samsung Galaxy S3 and wifi.

I think there is a way for you to do that, but I don't know the answer. If I remember in the morning I'll look around and try to figure it out for you. What is your friend nominated for? I love the Tonys but they make me feel terrible for not actively going to enough theater like I used to.

Tonight I caught up on season 6 of Nurse Jackie. Do any of you watch it? I love it.

Oh yeah, Alan Cummings has returned to the role of Emcee in Cabaret last month....so good.
    Last edited by guedita; 05-24-2014 at 12:03 AM.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival