Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2198

Thread: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Default Re: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

I can see that The Americans is going to fill the Boardwalk Empire-shaped hole in my life.

Also, just finished watching the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation all the way through on blu-ray. That set looks so good, it makes even the least interesting episodes of that season (quite a few here) watchable in the fact that they are pretty to look at. It had been awhile since I had seen some of those episodes (some I haven't even watched since they aired originally) and boy, do a lot of them have incredibly "meh" third acts. Thankfully, the series stuck around and got way better (Season 3).
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    It was great until Sorkin bailed and then it became one of the most painful imitations of something once good I've ever witnessed. You'll be able to tell because after he leaves they brought in a director who apparently believed that the secret to creating drama on television was to have INCREDIBLY HIGHLY CONTRASTING LIGHTING SCHEMES. EVERYONE NEEDS TO ALWAYS HAVE HALF THEIR FACE BATHED IN TOTAL DARKNESS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE.
    I am sad to hear this, but happy enough that i'll have 4 seasons until that happens. i am on episode 7 of season 2 and am very happy with how consistently good it still is so far.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

moved from the girls only thread. let's try to keep the tv show GIRLS talk here

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Latest episode of Girls was really good. Are you ladies still watching it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Oh yeah. I liked this last one while the two prior didn't thrill me. Sorry spoilers here.... I'm a bit annoyed that Hanna getting Adam thrown in jail hasn't even come up in conversation since it happened. I'm also displeased that Elijah had gotten the boot from the apartment. BUT the scene with Shoshana and Ray at the subway platform made me teary. I'm such a suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    I haven't started the new season yet because I got hooked on Homeland. I watched the entire two seasons last month it was great. Is the second season of GIRLS pretty good?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I have to say I loved the first season, and while I still enjoy it overall the 2nd season episodes are hit and miss for me. I think I prefer the episodes where Lena Dunham writes but isn't the Director. Still worth the watch for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I haven't watched sunday night's episode yet (So I pretty much ignored your spoilerific post, thatgirl!! ) but I plan to watch it the moment I get home from this vacation tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    ThatGirl, I agree with your assessment of this season. The first two episodes were not my favorite, but I really enjoyed this last one. The Ray/Shosh moment made me tear up, too. I think the episode really nailed early 20s relationship drama well.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    this should probably be in the tv thread, but i really am glad jess and what's his face broke up. though they are both horrible people. i can't believe how they talked to each other. and the way she talked to his parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I forgot to update my netflix queue before they sent out my next disc. So now I am going to also start Boardwalk Empire along with Sopranos and Walking Dead. I might need to find a funny show to intermingle with all the gangsters and zombies. Any recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Charlie Kelly is my reason for living now.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Ivy, please start a GILRS thread since it is popular enough on this board. If a thread isn't made by the time I catch up I'll make it. I'd do it now but I havn't started the show yet.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    My damned DVR stopped taping this early on this season. Looking forward to downloading and catching up on it. how has the new season held up?

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Thanks, I will add it. I think I watched one season when I broke my leg but never went back to it. I do remember it being pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before

Are none of you watching The Following? I think it's my favorite new show.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I have enjoyed every It's Always Sunny season a bit less than the one that preceded it. As the series pushed the limits of absurdity more often, I just found it to be less funny. The secondary characters have suffered most of all; the McPoyles, Artemis, and Rickety Cricket are basically all cartoons at this point.

However, there were some brilliant "meta" episodes in the most recent season, and at least one or two legitimately good episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

I watched the first episode and really liked it.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

my mom recommended it. are there any marathons coming up? she didn't have the first episode on her DVR or i would have watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'm enjoying it, despite some lapses in logic (the "now" text message in the last episode being the most egregious example) and the fact that Kevin Bacon hasn't been given much to do except glower and be tormented. I like the central conceit, though, and I'll be interested to see where it goes if it gets a second season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    my mom recommended it. are there any marathons coming up? she didn't have the first episode on her DVR or i would have watched.
    I doubt any marathons are planned since there have only been 2 or 3 episodes so far.

looks like you can stream them here: http://www.fox.com/the-following/ful...s/17373251879/
    2012 2013 2014

It reminds me a lot of 24's first few seasons...before 24 got shitty. I can see that there are plenty of places they can take things, but it's going to get old after a few seasons.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'm currently watching the first season of Happy Endings. It's OK, I'm gonna stick with it, a couple of good laughs per episode and all the actresses on that show are BABES.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

I really like that show! it's one of the few comedies that actually makes me laugh out loud.
    2012 2013 2014

It reminds me a lot of 24's first few seasons...before 24 got shitty. I can see that there are plenty of places they can take things, but it's going to get old after a few seasons.
    24 was shitty in waves. Season 6 was the closest thing to a full season of shite. Season 3 was second worst because of the Mexico middle section but the last 7 or so episodes may be the best stretch of the show's history. Season 5 holds as the best and one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. Around season 3 is when I realized 24 was just as much a comedy as it was an action spectacle.

Continuing my Felicity rewatch, currently on season 3.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I really like that show! it's one of the few comedies that actually makes me laugh out loud.
    Sometimes there are too many pop-culture reference jokes, which I can't stand.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I know someone who wrote for that show briefly and she said that's kind of the whole point. That show is gunning for upper middle class west coast neo-sex-in-the-city chicks.

I finally got caught up with Breaking Bad on the plane yesterday. I can't wait for summer!

overall, I was a little let down by this series but it's not any fault of the show. I just think I was expecting a lot more based on all the "HOLY SHIT WALT" posts in my newsfeed that I had to ignore or be spoiled.
    2012 2013 2014

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

This. Also, i HIGHLY recommend The League. I forgot what it was like to laugh that fucking hard.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

This. Also, i HIGHLY recommend The League. I forgot what it was like to laugh that fucking hard.
    I was going to caveat how stupid the show is, but since this is a response to a Sunny Philly fan, unnecessary. Both shows are absurdist fun.

Ok GIRLS fans, I got tired of waiting for FEELS to do it so I made a GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/discussion thread in the Misc Lounge. New episode tomorrow night!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

TV shows do not need their own threads. See and emulate: Schoolio's Movie Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    TV shows do not need their own threads. See and emulate: Schoolio's Movie Corner.
    There were some requests for a thread so I obliged. There is a Dexter thread and some other shows too; movies are a one time shot. TV series are different.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I disagree.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I would have agreed with the creation of a Girls thread, except ThatGirl made it, therefore I find it dumb and to have an ugly haircut.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I would have agreed with the creation of a Girls thread, except ThatGirl made it, therefore I find it dumb and to have an ugly haircut.
    Then I guess we won't expect any post contributions from you. Oh well.

VigoTheCarpathian

Eh, I wouldn't speak so soon...