Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2081

Thread: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

Default Re: The Cathode Ray Mission: The Misc. Television Thread

It isn't exactly a list of only the best stuff on TV

Plus it is by date and the better stuff is coming out in a couple of weeks.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Anyone catch the series finale of Weeds last night?

Sad to see it go and the last scene made me tear up a bit :-(
    Saw every episode against my own better judgment, most of the later seasons in one-day marathons. "Weeds" became just simply dumb as it went on, completely unflinchingly stupid. Eventually it became clear that Jenji Kohan (sp?) had never hired/fired/worked a real job, because the sequences that involved them changing locations and jobs and stuff were just... painful. She shows up, drinks Starbucks, gets a job no questions asked. Even as a known felon! Same with Doug... and Silas... and whoever else. Grumble.

Maybe I'm a tough crowd because I love procedural shows - so something with literally no sensible procedures (one scene, an idea for something... the next scene, a whole functioning grow house with a front company, that kind of thing) just kills me. And she just got stupid as time went on, taking absurd chances with her kids and friends' lives.

But I still watched it, because the performances were good and it was disposable. Now it's gone. And the end was pretty good.

The last season of Fringe starts tonight!

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

^ can't wait! I wonder how the future fringe is going to come across.

I also watched that new series, The Neighbors on ABC since it came on after Modern Family, and I have to say it was really funny in a stupid, lame kind of way.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 09-28-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    ^ can't wait! I wonder how the future fringe is going to come across.

I also watched that new series, The Neighbors on ABC since it came on after Modern Family, and I have to say it was really funny in a stupid, lame kind of way.

I wish Modern Family and Community would come to Netflix streaming

Upcoming shows
    Events

Loved the premiere of Fringe. A lot of confusing moments, but that's also how Peter, Olivia, Walter and Astrid must have felt too, so it seemed to work. really looking forward to the rest of this series!! Walter listening to Yazoo's "Only You" on the "retro" cd player was a fitting end.

The mid-season finale of Doctor Who was the saddest happy ending I've ever seen. I'm going to miss the Ponds.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I wish Modern Family and Community would come to Netflix streaming
    I'm getting a new TV that has netflix and huluplus. I already have netflix but I don't know if I want to shell out another $8 for hulu plus even though they have some good offerings and you don't have to wait for DVD.
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

Started watching Damages this week while on a biz trip. Ended up devouring the entire first season in a week. It can be a little overcooked at times, but it's pretty damn addictive. Glenn Close is perfectly cast.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

my mom is obsessed with damages. it's good, but that season with john goodman was a bit much.

speaking of high-quality casting, i can't get enough of couples therapy with too $hort, jo-jo, and that 52 year old guy from lost who married the underage teenager. quality stuff right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I just added Couples Therapy to my DVR. TOO MANY SHOWS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Is Paranormal Witness the dumbest thing on tv? I mean, that's a fucking lofty title, but that show really strives for the gold. How do you have to pad a 12 minute segment?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Damn my DVR didn't record Always Sunny last night and it doesn't seem to be on FX's site.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I have to ctach up on my Colberts. I didn't realize Colbert interviewed Morrissey the other day! Had to watch an embedded video of it here at work. Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I'm having a little bit of trouble not marathoning Bad Girls Club Mexico.

This girl proudly declares in the first five minutes of the first episode that she "paid for her own titties":

This girl dances her anger:

Later we'll see the recipient of her frustration attend a nightclub wearing only a thong and leather halfjacket, and every time they get in a fight (which is often) they do that weird vertical fist battery thing I've previously only seen pistol shrimp do in nature videos. The world really is a wondrous place.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 10-13-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Bryan Cranston directed tonight's episode of The Office

Upcoming shows
    Events

Hannah. Last night I was flipping through channels and watched the last 5 minutes of PART 1 OF 3 of Bad Girls Club: Mexico and oh my. Oh my, my, my. Fucking Fantastic. I will certainly be watching parts 2 and 3 cus that's when the fights gonna break out.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Two of them will fall in love.

One of my really good friends was cast on Bad Girls Club a few years ago but dropped out because she got back together with her then-husband. I LAMENT WHAT TV COULD HAVE BEEN.

* said friend says things like, "I'll uppercut a bitch" and I know that she has. Ugh it would have been such good television.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I'm 20 minutes away from completing a week long project to successfully torrent the entirety of Rumpole Of The Bailey, a wonderful (though somewhat uneven--depending on who was directing each episode it was either fantastically hilarious or a bit boringly British) show that ran sporadically from 75-92. If you're a fan of amazing British acting or shows about curmudgeonly lawyers, I highly recommend it. Leo McKern played Horace Rumpole and going back through some of the episodes that have already downloaded I'm astounded by how amazing of an actor he was. The man could have held his weight with any of the British greats and that's saying something. Here's an excerpt I already found myself cackling at like a madman:

I recall rather vividly what a big deal this show was in my house when I was a very young kid. I don't know how I managed to enjoy it back then as all the humor is quite adult and I certainly didn't understand any of the legalities involved in the plot, much less the many British idioms. Re-watching it though, I was flooded with fond memories of my father explaining to me what the fuck they were talking about. Rumpole is full of witty phrases that don't make much sense to a kid but Dad would try his best to make me grasp the cleverness of it. His wife was perpetually referred to as "She Who Must Be Obeyed," but in a loving way without the resentment a less talented actor would have injected into it. He was perpetually looking forward to ending his day with a few "companionable jars"--booze, in other words. Really great writing and performances that beat almost all comparison, especially these days when the TV is just overflowing with annoying, shitty excuses for shows about lawyers and their lives. It can be found on pirate bay. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

My grandmother loved that show, RWS. Speaking of British humor, the wonderful Friday Night Dinner is back on Channel 4 with it's second season.

I've been going through all of Seinfeld, currently on season 5. Of course I have seen most of it throughout my life but either very long ago or randomly and out of order. I hence have always considered Curb Your Enthusiasm to be the better show but always felt I needed to go through Seinfeld again to give it a fair shot. It's been great going through the seasons on DVD because almost every episode has a mini "Inside Look" where the cast and crew talk about the episode and Larry David/Larry Charles have a lot of great stuff to say.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    My grandmother loved that show, RWS. Speaking of British humor, the wonderful Friday Night Dinner is back on Channel 4 with it's second season.

Thanks for a new show!

I, on the other hand, have been watching a shit ton of Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. Best show man, swear to log. It reminds me of some of the better childrens shows when I was a wee lad that were insane but also had really interesting and developed characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I always love the Halloween eps

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I, on the other hand, have been watching a shit ton of Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. Best show man, swear to log. It reminds me of some of the better childrens shows when I was a wee lad that were insane but also had really interesting and developed characters.
    I watched the whole first season a couple weeks ago and fucking fell in love with it. Hearing an animated microwave designed to throw pies at people say "Are those my tickets to the gun show, master?" is pretty much the pinnacle of television achievement.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I watched the whole first season a couple weeks ago and fucking fell in love with it. Hearing an animated microwave designed to throw pies at people say "Are those my tickets to the gun show, master?" is pretty much the pinnacle of television achievement.
    I watched a bunch of episodes not too long ago as well, I thought it was delightfully bizarre. I'm actually watching Regular Show now via Netflix, which is also frequently laugh-out-loud funny. I loved the "Just Set Up the Chairs" episode.

"IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO NOT CONNECT THE RED AND BLUE WIRES."
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Thanks for a new show!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Thanks for a new show!
    Well, if you enjoy Friday Night Dinner, you might enjoy Grandma's House. Somewhat similar show. British Jewish family gathering together in the matriarch's house every week. Although, actually knowing who Simon Amstell is would be helpful. If you're unfamiliar with his prior work you just wonder why such a terrible actor got cast in the part, but he's essentially doing his Curb Your Enthusiasm. The rest of the cast is fantastic.

so, I watched that 1313 Mockingbird Lane special last night and it was TERRIBLE! I didn't really have high expectations for a remake of the Munsters, but I thought it would at least be kinda fun even if it was just poking fun at itself. I'm guessing that it was a pilot run for a new series, but if that special was any indication the series should never see the light of day!

I'm watching Green Wing. I agree with me that it was an excellent choice.

Don't forget to tune into Science Channel's Firefly 10 year anniversary special tonight!

Upcoming shows
    Events

That Firefly thing was neat. I had heard the thing about Inara being sick before, though... But that episode idea of her being raped by a bunch of reavers... What the fuck? That would have been very heavy stuff.

In other TV-related stuff, I watched Masterpiece Classic: Pride and Prejudice. I enjoyed that a lot. I had to watch it by myself, with my door closed, because I didn't want anyone to see me giggling from giddiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****