Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 214

Thread: Glastonbury anyone?

  1. #121

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    You do realize that the backdoor existed is because they were improperly sending the users to their two main servers, right? Thus leaving one server wide open for people to access via the "back door." If their system was operating correctly, the tickets would have been sold even faster.
    Exactly. If they had infinity servers that worked correctly and it took 2 minutes for the average person to go load the page and complete checkout, the entire thing would sell out in 2 minutes.

    I'm pretty excited, this is my first time going to a non-US music festival. The place is so flipping large, can some veterans give me some pointers on things I have to see/do/eat/experience while i'm there.

    Here's my tentative schedule for anyone that's interested. Anything i'm missing during my free time?



    Last edited by ameeps; 06-18-2013 at 11:30 AM.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

  2. #122

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    You better report back on how many of those you actually see. I'm doing my best to narrow it down to 3 must sees a day in order to have plenty of time to romp around. Really looking forward to the late night areas.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    That being said, Friday is my busiest day by far. Here is how my weekend looks.

    Thursday
    2000 - Visionquest 13 - The Blues
    2230 - The 2 Bears - Wow!
    0030 - Eats Everything - Wow!
    0130 - Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set - The Beat Hotel


    Friday
    1100 - TBA - Other
    1200 - Hospitality Boat Party - Wow!
    1600 - Local Natives - John Peel Stage
    1730 - Toro Y Moi - West Holts Stage
    1930 - Alt-J - Other Stage
    2100 - Disclosure - Sonic
    2215 - Chic - West Holts Stage
    0100 - Carl Craig - Wow!
    0300 - Greg Wilson - Genosys

    Saturday
    1800 - Beats international - The Beat Hotel
    1900 - Rodriguez - The Park
    2130 - The Rolling Stones - Pyramid
    0000 - Bicep - Genosys
    0200 - Gene Hunt - Genosys

    Sunday
    1415 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (DJ Set) - Sonic
    1915 - James Blake - John Peel Stage
    2150 - System 7 - Spirit '71 Stage
    0000 - Seth Troxler vs. Eats Everything (Roller Disco Set) - The Beat Hotel
    Last edited by bemerritt; 06-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.

  4. #124
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,793

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    You better report back on how many of those you actually see. I'm doing my best to narrow it down to 3 must sees a day in order to have plenty of time to romp around. Really looking forward to the late night areas.
    Yes. Meeps, I'll say see fewer bands and save strength for late nights in Arcadia, Shangri-la, etc. Keep in mind that it takes longer to get from stage to stage than at Coachella, like 10-30 minutes.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

  5. #125

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    That being said, Friday is my busiest day by far. Here is how my weekend looks.

    Thursday
    2000 - Visionquest 13 - The Blues
    2230 - The 2 Bears - Wow!
    0030 - Eats Everything - Wow!
    0130 - Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set - The Beat Hotel


    Friday
    1100 - TBA - Other
    1200 - Hospitality Boat Party - Wow!
    1600 - Local Natives - John Peel Stage
    1730 - Toro Y Moi - West Holts Stage
    1930 - Alt-J - Other Stage
    2100 - Disclosure - Sonic
    2215 - Chic - West Holts Stage
    0100 - Carl Craig - Wow!
    0300 - Greg Wilson - Genosys

    Saturday
    1800 - Beats international - The Beat Hotel
    1900 - Rodriguez - The Park
    2130 - The Rolling Stones - Pyramid
    0000 - Bicep - Genosys
    0200 - Gene Hunt - Genosys

    Sunday
    1415 - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (DJ Set) - Sonic
    1915 - James Blake - John Peel Stage
    2150 - System 7 - Spirit '71 Stage
    0000 - Seth Troxler vs. Eats Everything (Roller Disco Set) - The Beat Hotel
    Cool, gonna check out some of that late night stuff you're going to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Yes. Meeps, I'll say see fewer bands and save strength for late nights in Arcadia, Shangri-la, etc. Keep in mind that it takes longer to get from stage to stage than at Coachella, like 10-30 minutes.
    Ahhh right forgot about that. Certainly being ambitious, we'll see how it pans out. The friend i'm going with is a diehard band watcher who hates to "waste" any time, but i'll try to convince him to let us roam around a bit. Honestly as long as I see Portishead and the Stones i'll be a happy man.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

  6. #126
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,934

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    I haven't checked where each of those stages is, but have you mapped out the walk between them? depending on the stages it can take up to an hour to get from one stage to another. more if you leave a larger stage during the rush after an act is over.

  7. #127

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    hopefully the weather stays as predicted by accuweather http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pil...weather/330644



    That will help the bouncing around from stage to stage.

  8. #128
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,934

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    being dry doesn't make distances any shorter or crowds any less crowded.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    being dry doesn't make distances any shorter or crowds any less crowded.
    But it does make it easier to move from one place to another

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

  10. #130

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    I've read that muddy conditions can double travel time. If the weather is shitty, I will be much more inclined to stay in one area for longe periods.

    Finally started packing. So much different than driving your car to Coachella in that regard. I almost want to wear my willies while I am there since I am lugging them all that way.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I've read that muddy conditions can double travel time. If the weather is shitty, I will be much more inclined to stay in one area for longe periods.

    Finally started packing. So much different than driving your car to Coachella in that regard. I almost want to wear my willies while I am there since I am lugging them all that way.
    What are these willies that everyone talks about? Google isn't helping me answer this question.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

  12. #132

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Whoops. Haha. Supposed to read: wellies. Silly auto correct. Basically they are rain boots

  13. #133
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,934

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    If rain can double travel time then change the upper limit to two hours between stages. I'm pretty sure some treks took me an hour and I went on the dryest year ever.

  14. #134
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post

    Here's my tentative schedule for anyone that's interested. Anything i'm missing during my free time?

    Youre only going to see half of what you are planning, easily. And youre buying into AFP being on Other to open up Friday Im assuming. Watch its not them and they end up on The Park Stage

  15. #135

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Any ideas as to who it is?

    Can we get a list of whose going.

    Glastbonury 2013 Board List:
    ameeps
    bemeritt

    surprefan?
    Why hello.... I'll be going

  16. #136
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    So are there any channels streaming Glastonbury that I should be looking out for starting today?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  17. #137

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    superfan?

  18. #138
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,934

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Yeah.


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9


    The 6 major music stages will all be streamed live all weekend. Today doesnt count with regards to the music despite there is a lot happening.
    I thought the webcast was only available in the uk?

  19. #139
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,141

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Proxy server will fix that right up, if so.

  20. #140
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Care to help and let me know how, so I can watch.... thanks. I tried hidemyass.com but the video doesnt even appear on the page.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  21. #141
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,971

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    https://www.tunnelbear.com/ is good, but you might hit the data limit fairly quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  22. #142
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Thanks!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  23. #143
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,971

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Be quick. You are missing The Lumineers and Professor Green #bestfestever
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  24. #144
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Im waiting for some Tom Tom Club and Portishead... does the stream take like 1minute to buffer before it finally plays for other people?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  25. #145
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,971

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Working fine for me, but I do have fibre optic broadband and no use for a proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  26. #146
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Grrr I can't get it to work either. I did read where Keith is worried "about the weather." You would think he might have heard a rumor about potential rain at fucking Glastonbury... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  27. #147
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,934

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    maybe he's worried about it ending up like u2 was.

  28. #148
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Portishead was really fucking incredible tonight. Wow. The way it was filmed was perfection too, mad props to the director.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  29. #149
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,835

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Looks like every full set is archived on the site which is awesome.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  30. #150

    Default Re: Glastonbury anyone?

    Anonymox plugin for firefox. Pick a uk ip address and you're off.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 04:28 AM
  2. Glastonbury
    By Scarthy in forum Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
  3. Glastonbury Headliners....
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
  4. Jay-Z Headlining Glastonbury
    By braundiggity in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 01:11 PM
  5. Glastonbury 2007
    By suprefan in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •