Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1781

Thread: The Office Space Thread

Default Re: The Office Space Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    fuck that lady Robin.

Also, i wish people wouldn't take conference calls at their desk if they are going to be especially talkative. It's cool if you just have an occasional comment, but this girl seems to be leading the fuckin call.
    That's when you should say something inappropriately loud in the background.

The lady in the cubicle next to me is singing loudly in Vietnamese. I'm trying so hard not to laugh out loud.

I was just informed that I'll be going to India within the next few months to train one of our offshore teams. I'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I was just informed that I'll be going to India within the next few months to train one of our offshore teams. I'm excited
    That's so awesome!!! I did the same thing some years ago and it was a completely unforgettable experience. I would love to go back!! Where in India will you be going?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

When did you stop "working from home," Dylan? DYLAN? DYLAN!?!?!

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

September will make 9 years with the company, Guediva. Don't knock the hustle.

Edit: I think I'm going to Bangalore.

I think I'm going to Bangalore.
    Bangalore is supposed to be quite pretty - I was in Delhi, not as pretty but still cool to see. Visiting India is a crazy experience.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Do you have to get a bunch of shots when you go? I heard some execs here grumbling about that when they had to go.

Just got called out by my boss for skipping a conference call. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 5/19 Lykke Li@ACE - 5/22 Gessafelstein@Fonda - 5/23 Superhumanoids@Echoplex - 5/27 Liars@Fonda - 5/29 MIA@Shrine - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Do you have to get a bunch of shots when you go? I heard some execs here grumbling about that when they had to go.
    When I went I got shots for all the Hepatitis, Polio, Typhoid and Yellow Fever. I also had to take the malaria pills before, during and after my stay. I was very lucky though - most complain of sleep trouble, nightmares and upset stomach but I was fine. I was amazed I avoided getting sick too - since Delhi belly is so common for Westerners. I didn't have anything to do with water of any kind that didn't come from a bottle. No ice, no brushing teeth with tap water, no getting water in the mouth while showering. I made my coffee every morning with bottled water. And I barely ate outside the hotel, mainly due to my allergies. They don't really understand the allergy thing there so I couldn't take any chances. I kept granola bars and stuff like that in my purse just in case. All my colleagues got sick during their visits though, mainly because they were less careful. One guy was bitten by a monkey and had to get a bunch of shots.

Nothing can cure my yerrow fever

D! that is exciting news. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before

Thanks, LocaMota, I'm pretty pumped.

My boss just called me to tell me how ecstatic he is with my performance and my ability to cross train with all of the different areas. This is the strongest his office has ever been... I feel guilty everyday for how little work I do here and I was worried they would eventually realize they don't actually need me. I guess I will stop worrying and continue cruising the internet for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    My boss just called me to tell me how ecstatic he is with my performance and my ability to cross train with all of the different areas. This is the strongest his office has ever been... I feel guilty everyday for how little work I do here and I was worried they would eventually realize they don't actually need me. I guess I will stop worrying and continue cruising the internet for awhile.
    It could be that you are used to doing so much where you've come from and that the expectation of good performance is a lot less where you are - I've found out some places just have a lot lower standards for what is construed as good work. Or they just aren't used to someone that's quick and efficient.

I was told by my previous coworker that they have now hired 3 people to do all of the work I did at the old job. I am use to putting in a lot more hours for a lot less money. I don't know that I ever want to leave, too bad they can't relocate my position to the beach.

writing my self-review, ugh. Nobody likes doing this, i wish they'd just give us categories and mark ourselves 1 to 10. All the fluff in the world isn't going to make the company change their policy on making every manager give an avg % raise across the team.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 5/19 Lykke Li@ACE - 5/22 Gessafelstein@Fonda - 5/23 Superhumanoids@Echoplex - 5/27 Liars@Fonda - 5/29 MIA@Shrine - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Someone just sent me a scientific protocol to go over and it contains the phrase "little lone". Seriously.
    05/07/14 Morrissey (hopefully) - San Jose Civic
    06/06/14 Buzzcocks - Slim's
    06/26/14 Veruca Salt - the Independent

I missed this.

I've been to India on 4 separate business trips. TG laid it out pretty well. Get your shots and take your malaria pills. Other pointers:

- do not fly Air India if you can at all help it. Not international, and not within India. Jet Airways is a domestic Indian carrier that is a very good alternative.

- get your company to fly you business class over there. Refuse to go if they do not. You risk a pulmonary embolism otherwise.

- Gold Bond.

- Immodium.

Indian people are, in my experience, wonderful and kind and interesting and intelligent and stubborn and nosy and pushy and rude. Deal with it.

Be sure and do some sightseeing while you're over there, dont' confine yourself to Bangalore. Go to Agra at a minimum. and Mumbai. and Goa.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

TG laid it out pretty well.
    is this, could it be, am i dreaming? A non-putdown from Tom to ThatGirl, borderline complimentary even.

You missed the bus.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom laid it out pretty well. I will add that the Indian head bob from side to side that looks like no but means yes can be off putting at first. You'll know it when you see it. And be ready to hear the phrase "tell me" a lot.

...did good on her first job today, which was a simple multifunction color laser printer installation. Welcome aboard, Arune. Welcome to our technological lairs.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Subject-less email from my boss
    Can you send me your resume? I assume you have one reasonably updated. Donít ask, but shot in the dark opportunity that may happen.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Good luck, that sounds promising.

I am currently working on "starts processing" for one of my bosses who is on vacation. This includes copying information into at least 5 different spreadsheets. I know I can streamline this process, as well as several other processes here. I would have to retrain myself on a few excel functions but it can definitely be done. I worry though that if I streamline their processes they will no longer need me around. As it is I am bugging people everyday for work to do and my coworker and I spend more time reading the internet than we do actually working. It would be good to actually do something that challenges my mind a little, but if they don't bring in some more work I could possibly work myself out of a job.

Thanks. It's somewhat out of the blue, but the reality is starting to set in that my boss will have a different job within the company in 6-9 months and so will I. Looks as though he's being a little more proactive on my timing than I anticipated.

Once you start 'streamlining', you get addicted to streamlining and see the value of having the consolidated data at your fingertips to analyze and mold into pretty valuable reports. Never worry about losing job security at the expense of efficiency. Any opportunity to challenge one’s mind is a good one.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    the Indian head bob from side to side that looks like no but means yes can be off putting at first.
    oh man this is so true. I wish I'd been briefed on it before my first trip. I was talking with this guy and i thought he was disagreeing with everything I said but really he thought he was being polite by acknowledging what i was saying.

Sitting in the same room with 2 other people all day everyday doesn't bother me usually... Until they get into an argument and I have to sit here and listen. I wish I had a door and walls! Ugh.

it could be worse.

I just rearranged my office because I felt like it.

it could be worse.
    I try to never use those words, things always get worse when I do.

You could get rich.