Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1781

Thread: The Office Space Thread

  1. #1681
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,036

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  2. #1682
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,649

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    God fucking dammit, hahahaha
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  3. #1683
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Oops. I just got a tad bit lippy to some caller who wouldn't tell me who he was but was trying to get in contact with 3 of our company execs and didn't like that none of them answered their phone. (None of them are even in their office).

    "I know ____ has a secretary or admin, can I talk to her?"'

    "No, ____ doesn't have a secretary. There are women that work in his department, though."

    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

  4. #1684
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Fired.

  5. #1685
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,728

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    I'll pack my things.

    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

  6. #1686
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,617

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    today i was over an hour late, paid all my bills online since it's payday, took an hour and a half lunch with the crew that's here today, did some homework, and am now requested by my VP at a brewery in 7 minutes. i love my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  7. #1687

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    today i was over an hour late, paid all my bills online since it's payday, took an hour and a half lunch with the crew that's here today, did some homework, and am now requested by my VP at a brewery in 7 minutes. i love my life.
    I hate you.

  8. #1688
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    This was my office today.



    This was my view.


    Last edited by marooko; 10-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.

  9. #1689
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,376

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    I just scheduled a 5:30 A.M. meeting with my employee tomorrow.*

    *after the little **** scheduled one with me at 6:00 A.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  10. #1690
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    that'll shown 'em.

  11. #1691
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I just scheduled a 5:30 A.M. meeting with my employee tomorrow.*

    *after the little **** scheduled one with me at 6:00 A.M.
    little lamb?

    also, why do you allow other people to schedule things for you?

  12. #1692
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    20,000

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    I just gleefully stole a coffee cup from the galley.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  13. #1693
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    pics or it didn't happen

  14. #1694
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,485

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Apparently caused an officewide panic in Canada when I was given an overview from a guy and I had to tell him that we were looking to "gain efficiencies" by combining what he does, with what my office does. Oops.

    Could be that i'll be out of a job after this project too (in like 3 years), but I guess i'm always looking for what's next. I thought people in Canada were chill Marlo, what's up??
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/29 2 Bears @Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities @Regent - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims

  15. #1695
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,208

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Apparently caused an officewide panic in Canada when I was given an overview from a guy and I had to tell him that we were looking to "gain efficiencies" by combining what he does, with what my office does. Oops.

    Could be that i'll be out of a job after this project too (in like 3 years), but I guess i'm always looking for what's next. I thought people in Canada were chill Marlo, what's up??
    Without the exact details it would be hard to determine what exactly caused the panic but in my experience anytime you try to merge or combine processes or systems it can be complicated. Plus people are pretty territorial when it comes to their systems and processes and are generally resistant to change. Perhaps a detailed change management plan might soothe some of their concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  16. #1696
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    20,000

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    pics or it didn't happen
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  17. #1697
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    that's about as gleeful as I've ever seen you! I'm sold.

  18. #1698
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    That's a pretty nice picture, capn.

  19. #1699
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,485

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Without the exact details it would be hard to determine what exactly caused the panic but in my experience anytime you try to merge or combine processes or systems it can be complicated. Plus people are pretty territorial when it comes to their systems and processes and are generally resistant to change. Perhaps a detailed change management plan might soothe some of their concerns.
    basically what you said, especially the bold.

    The problem with the meeting was that I heard about it the day before and it was really just a couple of execs saying "let's scope this". No project plan, very little direction, more high-level conversation which led to 2 weeks of meetings and putting "estimates" together. unfortunately the guy that walked us thru the processes on the Canada side then turned around and told everyone "OMG WE'RE ALL LOSING OUR JOBS" (or something to that effect...hyperbole, etc, etc)

    one of my old bosses told me "if you can improve your job so well that you're no longer needed, you'll always have a place to go within the company". worked well so far for me, I usually don't spend longer than 3 years in a position here.

    Also, Jen, great pic! If that's what free coffee does for you i'll be sure to carry some starbucks gift cards with me if I ever make it to AZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    11/29 2 Bears @Avalon - 12/5 Flight Facilities @Regent - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims

  20. #1700
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,823

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Why nothing gets done at city/state/county offices:

    Our city manager decided to retire... I assume it wasn't a last minute decision so the city should have had some time to prepare, but for whatever reason they didn't. So there is now an acting city manager. One of the managers I work with informed me of the change and informed me that any documents that need to go out from 10/16 on need to have a new signature block showing the change. Because I am a doer I went through all of the templates I work with and changed the signature line, I also went through all the previously prepared documents that haven't gone out yet to make sure they were correct. I then sent an email to my team (I hate having to copy 15 people on an email) letting them know I made the change.

    I came back Saturday morning to 15 emails and 2 appointment requests so we can discuss the change. One manager gave me an atta girl for taking the initiative to make the change, while another chastised me for doing it before the law department approved the change... Which I had assumed had already happened considering the first manager told me to do it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  21. #1701
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    congratulations on the new job.....I think.

  22. #1702
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,823

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Thanks, but this is only my part time temporary job. I did get in with a fire protection company as an admin/billing clerk, I hate it a lot less than I do working for the city. I can curse and wear jeans, whoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  23. #1703
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,208

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    When working for a municipal body, always assume that red tape and long delays in getting anything done will take priority over efficiency and productivity, because it makes the lazy assholes that have been there doing next to nothing for 20 years look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  24. #1704
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    I did not realize the person I was talking on the phone with was stationed out on the east coast. We agreed to have another phone meeting at 0900 tomorrow morning. The calendar invite she sent me is now sitting on my calendar for 0600 PDT.

  25. #1705
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,208

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I did not realize the person I was talking on the phone with was stationed out on the east coast. We agreed to have another phone meeting at 0900 tomorrow morning. The calendar invite she sent me is now sitting on my calendar for 0600 PDT.
    You sent a request for a new time right?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  26. #1706
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You sent a request for a new time right?
    I did. She read my email, but hasn't replied. I can do the 0600 meeting. I'll just still be in my pjs and not fully functional.

  27. #1707
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,208

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I'll just still be in my pjs and not fully functional.
    Working from home this pretty much describes my entire work day.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  28. #1708
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    She just sent me an update. The latest time she's available is 0700 PDT. Working in pjs it is! At least this will give me time to brew some coffee and maybe get a shower in.

  29. #1709
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I did. She read my email, but hasn't replied. I can do the 0600 meeting. I'll just still be in my pjs and not fully functional.
    You should tell her to go fuck herself.

  30. #1710

    Default Re: The Office Space Thread

    still waiting on my promo, been 8 months since i've been a receptionist (mother of the office, everyone's bitch especially my boss' & his faggotty ass douchey son) AND handling the claims for our company. been pretty stressful juggling both jobs & answering the phones efficiently while putting on the fakest smile on my face and kissing everyone's ass while getting shit done....my boss' stupid son just got another ridiculous bonus check, for nothing. he does absolutely nothing on his own, always asks for help and is the laughing stock of our office....

    looks like we're the laughing stock.

Similar Threads

  1. The Office
    By tessalasset in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
  2. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 05:24 AM
  3. Box Office
    By mmmbeans in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
  4. The Office (BBC)
    By bassmintpdx in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 11:57 PM
  5. On-site Box Office??
    By dkbdog in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •