Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UPCOMING SHOWS ON KIMMEL

Default Re: UPCOMING SHOWS ON KIMMEL

More tix were made available for Ziggy Marley
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Oh shit, just got two tickets to Two Door Cinema Club. Thanks, Coachella Board.

Blink 182 Oct 3
    MuteMath Oct 4
    Jane's Addiction Oct 6
    Evanescence Oct 13

Strangely, I had no trouble getting Jane's Addiction but MuteMath is pending... not sure if that means they're already booked or if it just means they won't confirm two shows at the same time. I'd rather see MuteMath and have been waiting for tickets to pop up since the band announced it in August.

For Jane's addiction, am I better off getting the mini concert tickets (which I already have reserved and priority) or should I try getting tickets for the Jimmy Kimmel Live show on the same day? Will getting tickets to the taping of the show day of also get me into the concert?
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    For Jane's addiction, am I better off getting the mini concert tickets (which I already have reserved and priority) or should I try getting tickets for the Jimmy Kimmel Live show on the same day? Will getting tickets to the taping of the show day of also get me into the concert?
    Getting tickets to the taping will get you into the concert. But if you've already got tickets for the concert, having tickets for the show taping isn't really going to offer you any additional advantage.

Got Mutemath tickets! So excited!

I would just do the concert unless you want to show up an hour or two earlier and sit through a training session about how to clap properly before the taping... or if you really want to see Antonio Banderas or "Science Bob" Pflugfelder in person. The outdoor concert tickets are the ONLY ones I'm interested in from Kimmel.

I won't even go for the indoor concerts after wasting 3 hours to hear the xx do 2 songs. Not a good return on the time investment.

Primus!! Oct 24
    The Fray Oct 27

MEGADETH - Oct 31st
    Wale - Nov 8th

And It's not part of Kimmel but its up on 1iota.com and I know a bunch of people jerk it to her on here. Special Halloween show with Robyn in LA. Costumes encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Megadeth on Halloween would be so fucking sick.
    4/18-20 Coachella
    4/26 Simian Mobile Disco @ Pappy & Harriet's
    5/1 The Horrors @ First Unitarian Church
    5/29 Thee Oh Sees @ Church on York
    6/7-9 Governors Ball
    6/14-15 Low End Theory Festival

Morrissey - Nov 23, got my tickets reserved
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

thanks for the heads up on morrissey!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    Got mine as well. I fully expected that they were pretty much done with the outdoor shows for the year, so I didn't even check today and then they go and post a whole bunch. Too bad Moz is the only good one! Hopefully The Cure and/or Thanksgiving plans won't interfere.

YES!!!!

I just got two.If now I can get The cure tickets for the 22nd and call off work for the 23rd this will work out perfectly.
    Last edited by getbetter; 10-27-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Damn, the one day I don't check earlier. I got "general" ticket group and not priority. I wonder how crazy the crowd for Morrissey will be and how early I will have to show up...
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Megadeth on Halloween was an experience.

Fiest 11/10/11

Damn, the one day I don't check earlier. I got "general" ticket group and not priority. I wonder how crazy the crowd for Morrissey will be and how early I will have to show up...
    I wouldn't sweat it. I've had priority for quite a few shows now but have generally shown up around 7:15 and had no trouble whatsoever getting in. I just can't bring myself to invest 2 1/2 to 3 hours just to hear 4 or 5 songs.

Two Door Cinema Club and Jane's Addiction had the longest lines, and I don't think either hit capacity. I don't think Morrissey is as anywhere near as popular with the 1iota crowd at this point in his career. I guess I could be wrong, though.

Feist on Nov 10. I just noticed and scored two priority with no prob.

Megadeth on Halloween was an experience.

Fiest 11/10/11
    Just saw you already posted Feist. We should grab a beer before the show if you're in the neighborhood early enough. I may or may not hit up Morrissey as well, but it looks like I'll probably miss that (and Plaid) due to Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    Just saw you already posted Feist. We should grab a beer before the show if you're in the neighborhood early enough. I may or may not hit up Morrissey as well, but it looks like I'll probably miss that (and Plaid) due to Thanksgiving.
    I'll be at Disneyland during Fiest sadly and Im kinda mad because I've always wanted to see her but when a dinner reservation for Club 33 is offer you can't exactly turn it down. But if you make it to Morrissey let me know we usually hang out before and after the show and have drinks and food at Mels or the Hard Rock.

My Morning Jacket (indoor)
    David Guetta ft. Usher (outdoor)
    Yelawolf (indoor)

all just added
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

My Morning Jacket already sold out?!?!? Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by lookalive24 View Post
    My Morning Jacket already sold out?!?!? Wtf
    It's indoor, so they allot way fewer tickets for the "concert" portion. Just request tickets for the show itself on that day and you'll get to see the band as well. However, you will have to sit through the whole warmup and taping either way, whether you get the concert tix or the show tix (except for certain "CONCERT ONLY" events like Belle Brigade earlier this week)

Ahhh thanks for the tip! I hope I get into the show. How long are the indoor shows?

I think it says to arrive by 5:30 and the bands play at the very end. It is usually finished around 8:30, so you'll spend about an hour waiting in line and being herded around, then half an hour being told how/when to clap & laugh, and then the taping is just one take with minimal breaks. Sometimes the indoor bands only play the two songs that are going to be aired, too.

Unfortunately, you can't just come for the band when it's indoors. That's why the outdoor shows are so great. You can show up at 7:30, hang out with friends, use your phone, etc while watching the show on monitors, and then you get 4-5 songs and go home. Easy pleasy. I really wish MMJ was outside, since the rescheduled Stooges gig is the night of their show and I don't have 3 hours to kill for Kimmel.

I got a message from ficklecycle right when I got off work today and 1iota was not very phone friendly to me .I didn't rush homie since I saw them already twice this year but I would of put WAY more effort and maybe have gone to a cybercafe if I knew it was indoor.Looks like I'm going to see Doug Stanhope instead that night.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Did Morrissey really cancel?

Morrissey is now cancelled
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

That's what it says when I go to look at my tickets... bummer.

Is anyone surprised?