Page 672 of 791 FirstFirst ... 667668669670671672673674675676677 ... LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,160 of 23705

Thread: The Default Thread

Default Re: The Default Thread

Good morning ................. cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 08-08-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Ron I just read yesterday afternoon's exchange. I understand you sent Burning Man tickets to a person in New York City with an expectation of getting paid after. I would like to ask a few followup questions if I may.

1. Did you choose to do it this way, or did you just forget to ask for payment before you dropped the tickets in the mail?

2. If you chose to do it this way -- why? I mean, seriously, no judgment here, it's just that I seriously don't understand and I hate it when I don't understand something. What were your motives? What were you hoping to accomplish by structuring the deal this way? Was it really just a "trust experiment" or did you have something else in mind?

3. Is the takehome pay of a retired government employee so substantial that you can afford to blow $800 on experiments?

4. Or are you just bullshitting us and having a good troll laugh at our expense?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

2 and 3. I like to see what people say and what they do ... just saying Tom ... cr****

The numbers 2 and 3 aren't actually answers to the questions that Tom had numbered 2 and 3, you wrinkled loon.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

I trust people and $800 is just a drop in life. cr****

If you were asked, what would you pay to figure out important things in your life would it be worth it? cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 08-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.

I don't understand what "Important things in your life" you expect to learn from this. At best, you learn that one person in New York is reliable enough to send you money after receiving tickets, and that doesn't really say anything about people in general, but rather about the one person you mailed the tickets to. Are you trying to figure out if this guy would be a good addition to your underground drug distribution ring? A dependable, honest middleman for ticket brokership?

What is it you're going to learn?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I'm near suicidal because I can't fucking keep enough money together to replace things I need and pay bills and save up to escape my hellish life, and "$800 is a just a drop in life." Go fuck yourself. I don't remember the last time I saw $800 all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Maybe Ron should sell some tickets to you, Patrick.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I don't want tickets. I want a working cell phone and my speeding ticket paid off and a computer that doesn't require being tied together with a shoestring to retain power and my own car and my own place and etc. I've accepted that I don't deserve fun like most people I know.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Have you considered a more steady source of employment than cab driving? I know retail and food service blow but you will get the hours and you won't be paying for an equipment lease for the shifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    I don't want tickets. I want a working cell phone and my speeding ticket paid off and a computer that doesn't require being tied together with a shoestring to retain power and my own car and my own place and etc. I've accepted that I don't deserve fun like most people I know.
    You guys. I would say why is a fucking cell phone something you need to have. Things are relative, for me, peoples actions are more important that fucking stuff .. cr****

Ron, we're living in the 21st century. Most people need a damn cell phone.

I need a smart phone for my job. I use it to call people, GPS, to Google stuff if I don't know where a certain place is, etc. It's a fucking reasonable expense.

I can totally relate. Fucking student loans.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Have you considered a more steady source of employment than cab driving? I know retail and food service blow but you will get the hours and you won't be paying for an equipment lease for the shifts.
    I have no idea what to do. Thinking about doing the job hunting thing again makes me feel like hyperventilating. I don't have a car and public transportation here is worthless. With the cab company, it's within walking distance and I can work at nights when I have my mom's car. Any job I can imagine getting would be minimum wage and I'd probably make just as much or less as I would driving after taxes, and especially once collection agencies catch up to me and start garnishing 15% of my wages. Not to mention that I'm just a mental wreck and can't really deal with people. The cab thing is really low stress when it comes to customer service (most of the time). I can't go back to a Whole Foods type environment where I have to actively engage with every customer on in an upbeat manner. It's exhausting and makes me have panic attacks.

I'm derailing this thread, though, so let's not make this about my self-defeatism.

IDK for some reason cell phones are an issue with me. if you think you have to go on a msg board and chat with peeps, and if you can't, it's the end of the world, so be it. Day in a life for me ... Interpersonal contact with people is an over important issue with me. cr****

"$800 is just a drop," is fucking laughable to a LARGE MAJORITY of US citizens. Jesus. My mom was telling me the other day that she's happy she has her job because some of her colleagues have, gasp, had to settle for positions that only pay $25-35 an hour and she couldn't even fathom living off of that. I looked at her in shock. She owns her home, her car, has no credit cards, and she can't imagine continuing to life her life on that kind of money? She's not even a lavishly expensive person, I mean she gardens and that's about it. I would be happy as a fucking clam if I had that kind of income and you know, didn't have to pay rent. People are cluelessly disconnected with other people's reality.

That's what I live off, but I live in Phoenix, so the cost of living is a lot less here.

Yeah, $800 is my rent every month. Want to take care of that for me, Ron?
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

IDK for some reason cell phones are an issue with me. if you think you have to go on a msg board and chat with peeps, and if you can't, it's the end of the world, so be it. Day in a life for me ... Interpersonal contact with people is an over important issue with me. cr****

I suspect available technology is pretty irrelevant if your comprehension is already this low. Patrick's job requires him to be on call and reachable wherever he is. Not everybody's experience mirrors yours, and your recreational experience of technology doesn't automatically extrapolate to everybody else's need.

I have no idea what to do. Thinking about doing the job hunting thing again makes me feel like hyperventilating. I don't have a car and public transportation here is worthless. With the cab company, it's within walking distance and I can work at nights when I have my mom's car. Any job I can imagine getting would be minimum wage and I'd probably make just as much or less as I would driving after taxes, and especially once collection agencies catch up to me and start garnishing 15% of my wages. Not to mention that I'm just a mental wreck and can't really deal with people. The cab thing is really low stress when it comes to customer service (most of the time). I can't go back to a Whole Foods type environment where I have to actively engage with every customer on in an upbeat manner. It's exhausting and makes me have panic attacks.

I'm derailing this thread, though, so let's not make this about my self-defeatism.
    If you do the work to address the mental issues you will probably have a much easier time getting everything else together. Not guaranteed, but probably.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    That's what I live off, but I live in Phoenix, so the cost of living is a lot less here.
    You've got 2 kids, though. My mom's a 60 year old woman whose hobbies are gardening, swimming at the gym, walking with her friends, and cooking. She goes out to eat like maybe twice a month. She's a fucking loon if she imagines that sustaining her current life on a $35/hr salary is impossible.

In todays world very few people have a landline, there are no payphones anywhere. Having a phone is a necessity, especially for work purposes, more so while looking for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

If you are 60, your primary concern shouldn't be your current income, but the assets you'll be using to pay for your income the rest of your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

My thoughts: If you are on a msg board where if you go to the fest that costs hundreds of $'s to go to, then fuck talking about being so poor you cry each night when you go to bed. End of story ..cr****

She's fine. Insane stock options, insane savings. She's fine. She's just delusional about the reality of a large portion of society.

VigoTheCarpathian

Me too dude. Everyone always gets mad at me "you didn't answer your phone!"
    Yeah bitch it's on my night stand next to the computer. I can get a cab home if I don't make it to the parking lot after the game. I'm not a baby. And then what happens is I don't go home but get dropped off at a bar and just by coincidence I see everyone eating breakfast in a restraunt and walk in and say " hey I made it" and everyone is like " how does he get away with this" that's why I get to be me .

Lots of people on this board don't go to the fest anymore, Ron.

Ron, do your rights change if you are on a msg board, but choose not to go to the fest for fiscal reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

We shouldn't be so surprised when Ron says something ignorant and offensive to large parts of the population. He doesn't get humanity I think.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****