Page 668 of 789 FirstFirst ... 663664665666667668669670671672673 ... LastLast
Results 20,011 to 20,040 of 23660

Thread: The Default Thread

Default Re: The Default Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Secret Illuminati Symbol.
    Secret.HA. pfft.its a fashion thing pose.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I admit I was somewhat entertained by that huge pic post.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    F U
    Ohhhh. so you want more then?

People with ten toes are all part of a secret cabal hellbent on filling our sewers with expired champagne. WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by ONION View Post
    Secret.HA. pfft.its a fashion thing pose.
    Oh. Wow. Thanks for filling me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    They just don't make huge planes like that anymore. It's sort of sad. cr****
    Ron. Google airbus 380. Just because you are unaware of a thing doesn't mean the thing doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Secret Illuminati Symbol.
    So maybe this should be in the confession thread but someone please answer me this. I know what the Illuminati group was and what they stood for. However I don't fucking get the whole pop culture phenomenon with the secret symbols and why people make such a big fucking deal about it. What is it supposed to mean know showing secretly showing the symbol of a group that hasn't been around since the 1700's. I just don't get it. Enlighten me please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

You realize that concrete meaning is pretty much the opposite point of any pop culture fad, right?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

The expression is meaning in and of itself -- nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So maybe this should be in the confession thread but someone please answer me this. I know what the Illuminati group was and what they stood for. However I don't fucking get the whole pop culture phenomenon with the secret symbols and why people make such a big fucking deal about it. What is it supposed to mean know showing secretly showing the symbol of a group that hasn't been around since the 1700's. I just don't get it. Enlighten me please.
    It's ridiculous conspiracy theory. Google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

"Eventually, a robot will be able to tell people what it means, don't bother with that right now. Just make it pretty." - Founders of the Illuminati

It's ridiculous conspiracy theory. Google it.
    Thanks that all I needed to know. I'm going to skip on googling it because I have had to hear enough conspiracies to last a lifetime, don't want to voluntarily read into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

VigoTheCarpathian

A young man, my cousins 21 yo joe pesciesque wise guy friend, told me recently that FEMA was building concentration camps for Mexicans. He then showed me pictures of these facilities. I asked if he had considered that these my have been built for disaster relief. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "it is what it is." This boy is a cal state Fullerton student.

Feed your dog some dog food, and it thinks it's eating dog food. Feed your dog some cake, it's still eating fucking dog food.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

VigoTheCarpathian

What is this "it is what it is" business? Young people seem to say it often. And they say it as if it's some kind of wise statement. Like, "you know, it isn't what it's not, if you haven't figured that out." It's almost as if they're conditioned to put the least effort possible into thinking critically about anything in the world at all. It reminds me of " Who is John Galt?" I'm almost concerned with the intellectual state of this younger generation. I think it has something to do with the fact that they were born to parents who came of age in the 80s, opposed to most of us who were raised by people who grew up in the 60s. I think the education system changed somehow between those decades. The positive thing is that the very young kids, with the Internet and all seem to be very smart. I hope they shit on all these kids who are in college right now... I think they will. I really dislike their parents. They're all brain dead, arrogant for no good reason and culturally lame and disgustingly boring. Hmmm. I hope teal and wholesome colors go out if style. I hope Hawaii becomes an unpopular vacation destination. I hope someone makes a film and someone writes a symphony that turn the whole country on it's head. I hope KROQ and E channel go bankrupt.

I read this on some girls Facebook recently: " if you want success, you have to go out and WORK YOUR ASS OFF" it got tons of likes. If only everyone knew. She belongs to a sorority. I hope she has to work fast food some day....I mean not really, I'm just aggravated with sly this. I tried to bring up the Egyptian coup with my younger cousins and they said NO ONE CARES THAT'S GAY. They hate gay people too. My brother, sister and I and all our friends are the polar opposites. It makes m happy that their brother, my first cousin, is a legit closet case. I mean it sucks for him to live in that house and I hope he comes out soon. I hope all the faggots fuck all the fascists in the ass

Love Vigo
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 07-30-2013 at 11:36 PM.

VigoTheCarpathian

I mean you have the same people who say the Pledge of Allegiance on the Fourth of July and talk about the Declaration of Independence and the Founding Fathers and the Constitution like it were holy writ..

getting all excited over more royal fucking?

if the brits want to waste time and money on this, that's their business. But the notion of an American giving a rat's ass about another inbred gaptoothed overprivileged assfucker is beyond me. Our entire country, our entire way of life, is founded on the notion that "royalty" is a fraudulent concept and that real power belongs in the hands of the people. We fought a war to toss these assholes out of our country.

Yet two major US broadcast network news anchors spend the week in London awaiting Kate Middleton's vagina to spit forth another one of these things. This is conceptually as treasonous as anything Edward Snowden may have done. Moreso, probably; at least Snowden was working to put power back in the hands of the people rather than with a privileged secret few.

and of course the fucking board hippie is the leader of the royal fanclub on here, probably too drug-addled and downright stupid to even see his own hypocrisy.
    Obviously, Tom isn't as pleased about any British coming, is he?

You havent' stumbled across Ron?
    Tom, it's a bit like Dorian Gray with too much time etc....cr****
    It's what you have too little of that's the problem, Ron.
    If you go and refresh what that statement really means, you will see how your post makes no sense at all. I did have to look up the actual symptoms of DG's and I only qualify for one of the five, so in some ways it doesn't fit. Those of you that no clue, just skip this and all prior posts and you'll be happy ... cr****
    My post makes perfect sense, Ron.
    I guess it has something to do with brains and this is not a matter of how much but rather a matter of a way of thinking ... I could explain why that is a verb but that is way more boring .... cr****
    Your guess is correct; the rest of your post is not.

Open the pod bay doors, Ron.
    Actually a good example. 60's: Required reading (not the stupid movie) so when we went out for Sex Drugs & RR, we would say we were going to DG it (hedonism and all of that bs) . The acronym evolved to just doing anything to the extreme ... Flash forward..... I sometimes pay attention to "extreme" details of the web, media, etc: most could give a fuck about. Maybe like the royal baby. What is funny, you sort of got the first reference .... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I'm too lazy to see if we have a thread geared at ethical/moral/political issues. This is a long read on moral sentalism and how classist ethical positioning distracts and deteriorates the potential for radical systemic change. http://jacobinmag.com/2013/07/revolutionizing-ethics/
    I'm sure if one exists, you'll find it buried deep in the archives because no one gave a shit about it then, anymore than they would now.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    A young man, my cousins 21 yo joe pesciesque wise guy friend, told me recently that FEMA was building concentration camps for Mexicans. He then showed me pictures of these facilities. I asked if he had considered that these my have been built for disaster relief. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "it is what it is." This boy is a cal state Fullerton student.
    I was chatting it up with e DirecTV installer who suddenly felt comfortable enough to express to me how crazy he was. He started talking about FEMA death camps and coffins they were making, and how they were for minorities. He was Mexican. WTF?!

They just said on the morning show "Not a single high school in America has a mandatory computer class in the curriculum ." That is just dumb. Gunz, any thoughts or is that statement right?
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

What makes you think Gunz is at all capable of speaking to anything regarding education?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Now if the statement were, "Many teachers in America have sex", Gunz would speak right up.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Yes.

True.

And No.

I am trying to fathom what perceived shortcoming Ron's morning show could possibly be addressing. "Johnny can't code"? I mean it's not like we're raising a nation of computer illiterates. And if there were mandatory computer classes in high school, the teachers would likely be the least informed in the room.

That can't be right. A computer literacy course was compulsory for graduation at my daughters' public high school. They could elect to take it in middle school to get it over with (which they did). Besides, toddlers these days know more about computers than we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Gosh, that's stunning, a TV show would get a fact wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    What makes you think Gunz is at all capable of speaking to anything regarding education?

You can goof on Gunz all you want but she is in the "system" and I am thinking when it comes down to it, she knows more than you or I. It's like asking you what sarcastic means......cr****

In our district, most kids get their technology requirement by taking a "performance" test. In other words, they answer a few questions on a computer. Most of them have it done before they even start high school.

Here is a quick lookup but I'm not saying it's the final answer...It didn't mention that the courses were required just offered..cr****

n schools where computer science is offered, it often does not count toward graduation. Only nine states—Georgia, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, and Virginia—allow computer science courses to satisfy core math or science requirements, according to the report.

The other 41 states do not consider computer science as a math or a science, Brad Smith, executive vice president of legal and corporate affairs at Microsoft, noted during a panel discussion last week at the Brookings Institute, a nonprofit think tank.

This may change with the Common Core stuff, because the standardized testing will eventually be all on the computer. Honestly, it's sad because these kids can surf the Internet and play video games like champions, but they fucking suck at basic word processing. They are, for the most part, great at PowerPoint though.

The segment I saw was pretty cool. This dude offers kids a free computer but the catch is when he hands it to them he explains there are no programs on it and if they want to use it, they have to write their own programs. I am assuming it has an operating system though else it would be more a brick than a pc. I have to go to the mmj store. I wonder when they open? cr****

The other 41 states do not consider computer science as a math or a science
    Angry Birds doesn't count as math? TRAVESTY.

The only thing I remember from the computer class I took in high school (it was a private high school, so it operated on its own terms) was this guy named Kevin decided to be a frog one day and hopped around rib-biting and sticking his tongue out. I learned what Ritalin was that day.