Results 18,961 to 18,990 of 23747

Thread: The Default Thread

Default Re: The Default Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same" - Rudyard Kipling
    I love this poem.

So apropos, the label ...... Not directed at you gunz .....

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

there should be a prison sub-forum where users would be confined only getting to interact with each other during their sentences (30 day, Life, death). Can do everything as per normal, post pix/video ideas/etc., but only in the sub-forum.

Neat ultra compact apartment.

A bit too much work with the setting up and taking down for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    there should be a prison sub-forum where users would be confined only getting to interact with each other during their sentences (30 day, Life, death). Can do everything as per normal, post pix/video ideas/etc., but only in the sub-forum.
    I believe tinychat serves that function ......

hose em down! Behind the ears. Get the crack.

I read this is some thread but I thought it was funny enough to post again for those who might have missed it .... cr****

This is a great addition to the 3 day festival. Especially for those that would like to avoid the shirtless bros and PLUR kids fist pumping to Hardwell. Hardwood floors, thoughtful electronic tunes and air conditioning! Count me in! Nothing on the Coachella site officially confirms this stage or who will be spinning records in there, but we will get you any details as they come up.

lol hey PF. I just got a certificate error for the site saying you need to re certify your sig .... just saying ... cr****

Top 100 Grossing Night Clubs in the US

I like how Sharkeez Hermosa Beach made the list.

oh excellent. Another Carnival cruise ship is having problems.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I just rewrote the Little Mermaid song "Part of Your World" to be about doughnuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post

I'm shocked that Ruyby Skye in SF isn't on there. Also, I bet Sandbar in SB has gotten even worse in the last 5 years.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

The Sutra place in Costa Mesa is the only thing that has kept an otherwise dying mall alive.

I'm guessing the opening of Saddle Ranch will really big big for the Triangle. Can't beat $4 movies at the theater on Tues./Thurs. either. Fuck paying $11 each for my kids to see a movie these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Looks like Dennis Wilson a bit

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I'm guessing the opening of Saddle Ranch will really big big for the Triangle. Can't beat $4 movies at the theater on Tues./Thurs. either. Fuck paying $11 each for my kids to see a movie these days.
    Didn't the Little Knight open a place there too?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    They wouldn't talk to him that way.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post

Is revenue gross in this? It is, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Didn't the Little Knight open a place there too?
    Not sure if it's open yet, but yes, now called the Black Knight...which is what the Little Knight was originally called when it was located where Pierce Street Annex is. You been to Wild Goose Tavern yet? Pretty cool replacement for the Little Knight.

VigoTheCarpathian

Awwww Triangle Square. Almost nostalgic as the Fun Zone.

I like Pierce Street Annex. Class of 47 is cool too. Classidys is .. well it is what it is. Quiet Women and Landmark were always fun. But The Alley is home.

I used to live right up the street from the Alley, spent many a drunk night walking up that fucking hill. Little Knight was my usual place, though. Best jukebox in the world back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Is revenue gross in this? It is, right?
    In cases, where they don't specify, I always assume Gross. And in this case, there is nothing in the methodlogy about expenses, so yea, Gross.
    Top 100 Methodology
    The 2013 Top 100 list was developed by Nightclub & Bar in partnership with Technomic Inc., a Chicago-based hospitality market research firm, using primary and secondary research. An online survey of operators was conducted from Oct. 9 to Dec. 7, 2012, and yielded primary data from 1,444 nightclub, bar and lounge locations, from which key information and insights were generated. Secondary research involving public databases and sources, scans of major metropolitan markets and industry resources provided additional data points. Total revenues are presented in ranges for calendar year 2012; specific ranking is determined by estimated midpoint of annual revenue. Gentlemen’s clubs are not included in the roster. Concepts included can operate in no more than five locations and must be operating all 12 months of the 2012 calendar year; an exception was made for venues affected by Hurricane Sandy. An asterix (*) on the lists indicates a Technomic, Inc. estimate based on industry research.
    I find it amazing that so many of the top 100 are only in the $5MM - $10MM range BEFORE expenses. Maybe that's because wages are so low as so many of the employees are reliant upon tips that $5MM is enough to cover rent and food / drink costs.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 03-15-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Line on TV a couple of minutes ago:

"She's nothing but a beeep slut and whore." other guy, the white knight ha ..... "She may be, but you don't talk to a woman like that." WUGOOB........ cr****

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

why the fuck did she take the baby?! thank god it survived.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1287649

Manhattan mother jumps eight stories to her death with her infant son strapped to her chest; baby survives with minor injuries
    Sources say Harlem lawyer Cynthia Wachenheim penned a 13-page, handwritten suicide note before jumping out of an eighth-story window, taking her son, Keston, with her. The baby was saved from the impact when the woman landed on her back on the pavement.

BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA , JOE KEMP AND VERA CHINESE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13, 2013, 4:46 PM
    UPDATED: THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2013, 1:59 PM

A Manhattan lawyer strapped her 10-month-old son to her chest and leaped to her death from an eighth-story window in Harlem on Wednesday — and the baby miraculously survived with little more than scratches, police sources said.

Cynthia Wachenheim, 44, who left a suicide note castigating herself for being a bad mother, landed on her back after taking the fatal plunge. Baby Keston was in a harness. He bounced off his mom on impact and then rolled away from her motionless arms.

“I heard a small scream when she was in the air,” said witness Steven Dominguez, 18. “I noticed something falling, but I didn’t want to believe it was a person.”
    Dominguez, who teared up as he spoke, said the landing made a horrifying sound.

“It was a loud bang,” he said outside the woman’s building on Bradhurst Ave. near W. 147th St. “It sounded like a big piece of wood hitting the floor.”
    “When I got closer, I saw the baby crying,” he said.

The baby was in stable condition Wednesday night at Harlem Hospital, hours after his mother’s 3:30 p.m. jump.

Sources said Wachenheim left a rambling 13-page, handwritten suicide note on small pages of notebook paper.

“The note said she was not happy and she talked about what she planned to do,” a source said. In the note, Wachenheim is “saying to her husband, ‘I love you. I’m making you suffer. You’re going to think I’m evil,’” a source said.

“She thinks she’s a failing mother. On the last page, she refers to postpartum depression. She was supposed to see a therapist, but she blew him off.

“As the note goes on, you get the idea she’s explaining why she’s going to do it,” the source added.

The note, which mentions little Keston having a physical handicap, was unsigned — but cops compared it to handwriting samples and determined that it was written by Wachenheim, the source said.

Police learned — not from the note — that Wachenheim was convinced her baby had cerebral palsy, although doctors said there was nothing wrong with him, said the source.

Wachenheim’s husband, Hal Bacharach, 48, was at work when his wife jumped, the source said. He was spotted on surveillance video leaving the upscale building at 12:55 p.m., less than three hours before the leap.
    Neighbors said he stormed out of their two-bedroom condo after a loud argument. Shouting echoed through the halls.

“He was yelling at her today,” said Christian Johnson, 37. “It made me stop and listen. He was asking her why she wouldn’t pick up the phone. He kept repeating it. Then, the baby started crying.”

A police source said Wachenheim was taking antidepressants and that pills were found in the apartment.

A different police source said Wednesday was the first time police were ever called to the apartment. The couple had lived at The Sutton — where similar apartments run about $325,000 — for about three years.

Wachenheim, a high school valedictorian in Albany and a Columbia Law grad, was on maternity leave from her $118,000-a-year job in the city court system. She worked there for more than 15 years doing research and writing for judges.

“She was wonderful — very devoted to the court (and) wonderful with everyone she worked with,” said her boss, John Werner, chief court clerk. “It’s a tragedy.”

“We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident,” said David Bookstaver, spokesman for the city’s Office of Court Administration. “Our thoughts are with her family.”

Two NYPD narcotics detectives were parking a car nearby and were the first to respond after they saw the tragic fall.

Cops took the boy, who appeared to only have scratches and minor injuries, to Harlem Hospital. He was listed in stable condition and was expected to survive. A source said he underwent a CT scan.

Neighbors were shocked that Wachenheim, who officials said worked as an associate court attorney with the New York County Law Office, took her only child with her in the fatal leap.
    “She was very friendly,” said Yaa Dwamena, 32. “She always greeted you when you came in and out of the building. She didn’t seem like she was going through anything.”

A building worker described Wachenheim as a devoted mom.

“She was always holding him in her arms,” the worker said. “She was always with the baby. She loved that baby.”

Johnson, who has known the couple since they moved into the building, said he never saw signs of trouble.

“I saw her a little while ago,” he said. “She seemed stressed out — but what mother of a 10-month-old isn’t stressed out?”

Johnson also thought that Wednesday’s argument was just a typical squabble between parents, until he saw Wachenheim’s body on the sidewalk.

“I saw her on the ground and I lost it,” Johnson said.

With Barbara Ross, Kerry Burke and Shane Dixon Kavanaugh
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I used to live right up the street from the Alley, spent many a drunk night walking up that fucking hill.
    Me too. I spent my 20s closing it down with Vince and Jeff and Mike.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I think the problem is that her baby was a fucking asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    why the fuck did she take the baby?! thank god it survived.
    I mean, she does acknowledge in the suicide note that she was a bad mother, right? This seems like the epitome of bad mothering, except for the potential fact that she turned to have her back hit when she realized what she was doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****